Has anyone heard of NEW ECONOMY FRANCHISING?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by TJamMoneyMan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

This looks to be a good plan.
    It is pretty much completely done for you.
    And newbie friendly!!

They have landing pages, offers and complete training, for a one time cost of about $50 - depending on when, where and how you signup.
    For $7 you are given a 7 day full membership trial, to include the webinar coaching.
    All webinars are recorded and accessible in the members area.
    NO upgrades or OTO's!!

You can also buy leads from them and send them to your offers so you can actually start earning right away.
    They have about 3 residual offers ready for you to promote, with a lengthy email sequence to plugin to your Auto Responder.
    Their plan is to continually add more offers.
    You are free to promote your own offers as well.

There are free coaching webinars included with a page for you to post your questions beforehand.

They also have an Auto Responder, free with your membership, so you don't have to pay for your own:
    http://www.neweconomyfranchising.com/
  2. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

I wonder if they bothered to checked into the legal issues of using the word franchising in their URL? Franchise, franchising, franchisor are all legal terms which can only be used by a properly registered and approved franchise. Wouldn't waste my time unless they were indeed a registered franchise, and I would bet they are not given the fact I never heard of them before now. So is this a franchise? If not, run don't walk away, it will be attacked for misleading consumers by the FTC and CA which is real tough on faux franchise deals.
  3. TJamMoneyMan

I'd love for you to provide information on the "legal issues of using the word franchising" in a url.
    It's one thing to establish a business as a franchise, quite another to simply use the word "franchising" in a url!

I really wonder if simply using the word "franchising" in your url makes it a "legal issue".

But if you can show some relevant reference to the use of this term in a url address, please do...

I have found that there are legal and non-legal definitions of many words.
    Here is one non-legal definition of the word franchise that may apply in this business model:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/franchise
    3. The territory or limits within which immunity, a privilege, or a right may be exercised.

Personally, I think you are off the mark in calling this a "franchise deal".

But let's not get hung up on irrelevant matters.
    I am just asking what WAHF users think about this business offer.
  4. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

How much have you made so far TJamMoneyMan if it's ok to ask. Have you earned back your initial investment?
  5. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

Franchise is like the word insurance, you cannot use it unless you are it. If you want to dive into all the regulations on what you can and cannot do when it comes to franchising and the word franchise when used with business opportunity, this will fill in the blanks. And a website URL this blantant using franchising is even worse than using it in promotional language which some businesses tried to use in the past until stopped. Perhaps you go back far enough to Market America days when they promoted their business opportunity similar to a franchise, and just using the word franchise brought them a legal battle. They were very good to respond, and they stopped using word franchise, and now to this day are using unfranchise which says it all. This goes back to 80's, so this is not a new rule, it is decades old, so again, I makes me question any company who would use word franchise in anything related to a non franchise.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/franchise/netfran.shtm
  6. TJamMoneyMan

I'm not really marketing it, or marketing with it.
    Just asking what WAHF members think of it - though I was pushing it there for a while...
    I liked that it was completely set up to market, and offered leads for sale.
    But it is a learning process - unless you just want to buy the leads.

I think it's at least worth examining.
    And I am waiting to see what other offers they are going to be promoting and what tools they will supply for each offer, before I get more deeply involved.

It really sounds to me like you are off track a bit here.
    At the risk of sounding corny, this IS a free country... You can use any words you like!
    FREE SPEECH... etc.

Making a business offer/deal or some other legal application is one thing, but I'd like to see you show me that there's some law against using "insurance" or "franchising" in a url name!
    "Insurance" is also a gambling term and is applied in other settings as well...
    Words have more than just one meaning, CONTEXT makes all the difference!

When it comes to legal matters, I respectfully request that you cite references and specific cases that are truly relevant; i.e. show me a case where someone was prosecuted for using the terms you mention SOLELY in a url!

The link you posted doesn't point to anything about using forbidden words in a url.

Don't expect me to search through a website!
    QUOTE your reference source, THEN post the specific link for contextual relevance.
  7. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

It is simple, call any franchise attorney if you don't want to read all the legalease. Franchise is a legal term, simple as that, and if you are not a registered franchise, you cannot promote your business opportunity as such unless you want to deal with the FTC. There are tons of pages on issue of what defines a franchise, and if you use it in a URL then it is misleading, as in false advertising, and that is against the FTC regulations. I could care less, I simple stated that seeing it in a URL, and then it being used on the promotional materials of website, so I asked if they were a registered franchise. Guess not, so ask them who there attorney is, and I bet they don't have one. Don't you think anyone seeing franchise in the link is going to be misleading to prospects? If not, then fine, but the FTC regulates all franchises. I mentioned the case I was familiar with, Market America, but it is an old case and would take more time than I have to dig it up, so call any franchise attorney to get quick answer.
  8. TJamMoneyMan

You really need to do your own referencing, if you're going to make a claim, instead of expecting someone else to do that for you...
    Otherwise you're simply talking off the top of your head - which is ok, but you should so state that, instead of claiming it's a matter of fact.

And you really never "asked if they were a registered franchise".
    You just accused them of being in violation of FTC regulations - but never proved your assertion, not in the least!

You can't just say it's against one regulation or another.
    You have to prove your case!
  9. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Thanks for replying to my question TJamMoneyMan. I thought you might have some experience using it that you could share.

I appreciate the response.
  10. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

Are you serious, I must do my research to prove my point, when in fact I did indeed ask if they are a registered franchise, perhaps you missed that obvious question? Here is my first post since you missed it and I will bold it out since you didn't even bother to read it before commenting that I really didn't ask. I did ask, you didn't answer, so why would I expend any more time when we still don't know if they are or are not a legal franchise. Why are you demanding I do your due diligence when I could care less if unless you answered the one question posed below.

I wonder if they bothered to checked into the legal issues of using the word franchising in their URL? Franchise, franchising, franchisor are all legal terms which can only be used by a properly registered and approved franchise. Wouldn't waste my time unless they were indeed a registered franchise, and I would bet they are not given the fact I never heard of them before now. So is this a franchise? If not, run don't walk away, it will be attacked for misleading consumers by the FTC and CA which is real

I suggested you call a local franchise lawyer to prove it since you refuse to answer simple question and check it out for yourself. I already explained I had first hand knowledge of case, Market America got hit for using the word franchise, so they went to great expense and ended up getting approval to use UNfranchise in their marketing promotional materials. And here your deal goes and puts it in their URL, you have to be dumb as a rock to promote company as a franchise when it is not. So are you ready to answer my first question yet? No, I didn't think so, you just love to have these little tit for tats, don't you. LOL I don't have to prove anything, you have to do your own due diligence, so assuming they are not a franchise, then if I was you I would be asking company or someone else to prove it, for you are obviously not going to listen to me, so good luck with your new deal, franchise or not.
  11. TJamMoneyMan

Yeah, that's the way it works, make a claim, back it up. It's really that simple!
    So now you're a lawyer, right?
    You really don't know what you are talking about, which is why you can't prove any of these things you claim.
    Again, you make the claim, you show the proof.
    YOU show a case where someone was prosecuted SOLELY for using the word 'franchise' in a url.
    I don't have to show it never happened.
    I CAN'T show it never happened!

I obviously understand constitutional freedom of speech in the USA much better than you do.
    If you're not signing a contract or business deal, you are NOT going to suffer criminal penalties for using a word!
    Don't be ridiculous.

The rest of your comment is really bordering on gibberish.
    You need to simply calm down!
  12. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

I didn't say you cannot have a domain which says franchise or that it is illegal, I asked you if it was a franchise, and you have yet to answer, and personally I could care less if it is or not, for if you cannot answer this simple question, then I guess you don't know or don't care. FTC is very clear on misleading advertising, and if you don't think having franchise in URL is not misleading, then good for you, but I wouldn't have asked if I didn't think it was a franchise. LOL And that proves my point, company is misleading prospects by disguising offer as a franchise, after all, why else have it in the URL if not to mislead people? And if you call misleading advertising gibberish, ask the FTC what they think of it.
  13. TJamMoneyMan

And you are quite confused imho...

There's no "misleading advertising" on this page...
    But you'd have to be able to actually make a case for "misleading advertising", not simply make an accusation.

If you had some basis for your accusations that'd be one thing.
    But you're just throwing terms around and offering no real examples or references to support mere accusation.
  14. neoshadow1

neoshadow1 New Member

OK. so all the legal matters aside... has anyone tried this?
  15. TJamMoneyMan

Ohhh but you did!
    and:
    I did, but like many IM ventures, the work involved didn't seem to be worth the payout.
    MOST online IM ventures seem to be so.
    I now do outsourcing for that very reason.

I didn't choose this for outsourcing because I didn't think it would be a good fit.

I began this thread by asking WAHF folx what they thought of it - I don't know if anyone has actually gone through the trouble of looking into it though...
  16. Michaelp

Michaelp New Member

Hi, yes I bought New Economy Franchising and I have made money from it as an affiliate. It's practically a complete business in a box with expert tuition videos on everything you need to know to be a successful marketer. In my opinion it's well worth the money especially for noobies. And I should know cause I have spent a fortune on crap business opportunities!. But you will need to work at it, focus on one strategy and master it and you will succeed. One tip before I go, they do have their own autoresponder and sets of great follow up messages but it's worth the hassle of setting it all up into Aweber (or any 3rd party one you choose) they show you how to do it, it's a pain copy and pasting the messages but it's better for list building as their autoresponder only lets you do a broadcast every 5 days. Oh and Chad Hamzeh is a traffic master so that's another great reason for checking it out. OK hope this helps TTFN