Has anyone heard of Shop to Earn?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by smithc5892, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Dpark

Dpark New Member

miami - the best way to build your business is to form a team with some close friends before trying to go out and get cold leads etc.
    I joined ste on july 13 and was fortunate enough to have gone to a training seminar in allentown last month. Put in the time to learn all you can about the business and take the time to train your refferals before they sign up. it makes a world of difference. i personally reffered 5 people last month and yet my business has grown to over 30 in just over a month because the people that i reffered and trained went out and trained and reffered others.
    Once you get established and start having your own training sessions with the people in your business you will see how going the extra step and following up on them will have a positive effect on your business.
    best of luck to you and try to absorb everything that you can some of the best tools are right there in your virtual office and get on the training calls and even the tour calls duplicate what they do so effectively.
    hope this helps.
  2. justreading

justreading New Member

I am also thinking of signing up on Shop to Earn. I am a very skeptical person and after reading some comments on the net I was even more doubtful.
    I heard about this mlm biz from a friend who joined 3 weeks ago.
    Today he showed me his first check for $1,880
    He not only recovered the initial investment but has made money already!
    So I am going to take the chance and try it.
    If it goes as well for me as it did for him, I will have lost nothing.
    I just don't want to look back a year from now and be sorry about not having done it.
  3. steisascam

steisascam New Member

Please don't fall for this scam. I did and have now wasted plenty of time trying to obtain a refund. Ultimately I have now had to chargeback the item on my credit card.

For starters...there is NO contact number for the company ANYWHERE on their website. Once I asked for a refund my account was closed so I can't even log in to read the support tickets to see if they have any intention of refunding me.

Most everyone I have talked to claims to have made a few thousand..in theory, meaning the majical check that shows up on their website. However, few if any have actually received that money. Some were told it would take an extra month, others were told the computer made a mistake on the routing numbers, all lies.

I called the office of the Attorney for STE..here is the contact info for him:

Gerry Nehra
    1710 Beach Street
    Muskegon, MI 49441-1008
    Phone: (231) 755-3800
    Fax: (231) 755-4700
    Cell: (231) 740 5908
    Email: [email protected]

His secretary and I spoke at great length. It seems he is getting refund calls there, people are complaining about not being able to get a contact number. She advised me that 'Gerry' has told them on numerous occasions that they need to put a contact number on the site yet they refuse. (for obvious reasons)

STE is very 'cult' like with it's members going above and beyond to sell the idea. They are selling you an affiliate program you could get on your own for free from performics.com and others like it. The national brands listed have no affiliation with STE and the accounts are more than likely rotated continuously to keep under the wire.

I feel sorry for anyone who signs up thinking they will make fast cash...even worse for those who con their friends and family members into spending their few spare dollars on a blatant pyramid scheme to enrich themselves temporarily. I say this because a friend came to me and was so excited about finally finding a 'way out' of his financial rut. I tried to tell him not to do it, but he did and now is wishing he hadn't. He can't get thru to anyone and had to also do a chargeback, blah, blah, blah. You know the story. The guy that recruited him is now treating him like a lepor for cancelling. Some friend!! It's all about keeping those two legs even!!! What a joke, they make it virtually impossible but if you cancel under someone their whole thing comes crashing down on them.

The botom line is there are two types of people who sign up for this...A) the guy/gal who doesn't care how many people they 'CON' as long as it makes them some fast cash and B) The innocent 'believer' who sees a way out of their financial rut but doesn't really understand how pyramid schemes work. The first had a few dollars laying around, maybe from another scheme so they aren't really hurting if it doesn't work, the latter really can't afford it but falls for the 'hype' in hope of a 'better' way.

By the way...don't worry about politely declining your friend or family member's offer. They will treat you poorly at first, then a few months later they will come around stating..you were right.
  4. DTD

DTD New Member

steisascam; Let me guess, did your friend (or who ever got you to join) hold a gun to your head, forcing you to join and pay the membership fee?? But, now that you cannot excel at this, you are crying "STE IS A SCAM" Come on. Cynical people sit back here and say "It's a pyramid scam....blah blah. Sit back and think. What business in this world is not a "pyramid"? Our government is a pyramid, companies are a pyramid. Everything today is a pyramid. Those who say "STE is a scam" already have a preconceived notion that this will not work. People who join, thinking that this is a scam will never excel at this because they do not come in this with a clear, un-opinionated mind. We have been in this for 33 days and we have over 425 people under us. We all work together as a team and we all reap the benefits of each others actions.
    These people are not making you do that you do not do already. You are getting paid to shop online..You are signing up other people to shop online and get paid as well How is that a scam.. Yes, this is an affiliate based organization. So then ever other affiliate program is a scam as well??? Come on. Stop drinking your "hatorade"
  5. steisascam

steisascam New Member

Typical of a brainwashed STE 'cult' member to defend the pyramid...ohhhh might pyramid.

As for my friend putting a gun to my head, of course he didn't. I joined because it seemed interesting, then I researched it and came across some members who were not paid which is why I cancelled, not because of my inability to excel but more my ability to see a scam for what it's worth. That isn't my complaint. Obviously you failed to read my post entirely. The problem is the refund request, the no reply from STE, the lack of a phone number to contact anyone on the STE site. The comments made by the lawyers secretary regarding the flurry of calls coming in daily regarding refunds (I included the number so you can verify that). The fact that they are selling something you can get for free. The fact that people, like yourselves are being brainwashed at the meetings into believing it's real and that 'TARGET or OFFICE DEPOT' is really involved with this company so it must be legit. Go to performics.com and sign up for an affiliate program, you will quickly see that 'TARGET' and all the other companies are now paying you a discount and percentage for those who shop on your site.

As for shopping and earning money...you are really not getting the best discount thru STE nor is it much different than what you would get elsewhere and you aren't forced to spend $100.00 a month on products you will NEVER use.

This debate is not wether or not other businesses are a pyramid..meaning there is a boss, then management, then workers. Other businesses don't charge you to become a member. They don't charge you to shop and earn the same discounts you would already receive. They don't charge you a fee to have an affiliate program that you could have on your own for free. They pay you a salary and all the other workers in the pyramid get paid rather than having to pay a fee.

Now let's address some of these issues you dodged from the original post DTD. Have you received your check? How much was it that you made? In the past 33 days how much work have you put in for little or no reward recruiting people who probably can't afford the $450.00 to hopefully enrich yourself? Can you post a copy of your bank statement here (with your personal info blacked out of course) I am assuming not since there isn't one brainwashed STE member out there who can. Oh believe me, I know a FEW in the beginning made money. Currenlty any money from new signups is going straight to the top and for legal fees which STE now has more than it's share of. What about the 800 number, why is there NO contact number on the site? Regular 'pyramid like' businesses as you earlier described have contact info on their websites, don't they?.

Last but not least...WTF is "hatorade" is that one of the products you are forced to buy monthly from STE or is that your non-humorous way of making yourself feel better about what you are doing by thinking that I am a 'hater' of some sort?

What I have stated here are the FACTS and I am STILL waiting for my refund and return call for the past 6 weeks already.

If you signed-up after me, which it sounds like you have...then I am already sure you haven't received a check and are still 'hanging in there' waiting for the promised STE check that they will push off month after month to make sure they knock your legs out from underneath you to make it less money.

Remember DTD...I signed up too, I was a member like you and went to those meetings as well as thought it was a great idea. It's not the idea that I am knocking...it's the fact that they don't pay, they push the pay off an additional month with some story while making your check less and that there is NO way to contact them. There are quite a few people in this same predicament. I am not against MLM and have been involved in others in the past that have worked as they should. This particular one is a blatant scam.
  6. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

As we can see, no matter what company we see posted on this and other forums, you will never see everyone agree. Online like malls have been around for years, yet how many have proven to last, never mind make a reasonable profit for members? I like the look of STE, and since I am also into green technologies, I checked it out, but I cannot see it as a long term business model with the monthly requirement for most.

We all know super recruiters will do well, but I look at value more than most, and with so many online shopping review sites, I can find the lowest price for just about anything, and if I want, I can also earn a kickback on it by registering as an affiliate, which in my opinion should always be free, and not require a purchase first.

Nice to know some are doing well, will stop back and see what a few more months produce given STE is only a few months old. The real test is if they can supass that wall most companies hit at the 18 month point. If refunds are difficult to obtain at only a few months old, that is not a good sign in my experience. In addition, look at all the one (1) time first posters on this thread. Not something that instills confidence in my experience. I look at this as I look at pump and dump stock deals, so buyer beware, do your own due diligence first before joining any up front cost business.

Good luck to all, Mike
  7. mo2v8ed

mo2v8ed New Member

How many people have actually received a physical check that has already been cashed?? Just checking [​IMG].
    This company has also been referred to Me and my husband, and I'm just doing a little investigating. So far this websit has helped alot. Thanks for your input.
  8. Dpark

Dpark New Member

mo2v8ed: How many people have actually received a physical check that has already been cashed?? Just checking .

Mo2v8ed I have recieved a partial payment because i joined in the middle of july but hit my bonuses and am waiting so far balance to be deposited on the 21 as agreed. My brother has gotten his full payment posted to his checking account according to the agreement. and so have several other ppl in my business as well as above us that i have talked to.

-edited to remove the amounts as per the following post by mike.
  9. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

Having researched it a little closer, I see they are posting peoples check amounts on web. If they don't know this is illegal in U.S., they should have. It is called inducement, and FTC and AG's will jump all over this one if they see it. Someone who is involved ought to clue the company in on this regulation. Beware of any company hyping incomes, and sorry to say, but people should not be posting their incomes in any open forum either, this too can be called inducement.

Good luck to all, Mike
  10. Dpark

Dpark New Member

WARRANTIES4LESS: Having researched it a little closer, I see they are posting peoples check amounts on web. If they don't know this is illegal in U.S., they should have. It is called inducement, and FTC and AG's will jump all over this one if they see it. Someone who is involved ought to clue the company in on this regulation. Beware of any company hyping incomes, and sorry to say, but people should not be posting their incomes in any open forum either, this too can be called inducement.

thanks for the info mike.
  11. ModernRock

ModernRock New Member

Why are you paying $480 up front and a $100 a month to stay active or get your full returns. There are websites that pay you cash back without having to pay any fees (Live Search Cash Back, UPromise, Fat Wallet, etc.). MOST people will lose money and if you don't mind signing up friends, that will possibly lose money, then your beyond reproach. If you do appreciate your friends then you would refer them to free sites that offer much better rebates. You're not making much cash back on your purchases through STE. You make your money RECRUITING other marks!!!!!!!! Wake Up, this is about RECRUITING!!!!!!!!!
  12. bgct1

bgct1 New Member

I have received my first check, a day earlier than promised, and so have others I know that have signed up.
  13. Youssef

Youssef New Member

There is 300 million in the USA, and so fare there is about 30000 people that joined shop to earn. So no fear about this model, and add to that you are shopping in top shopping website that are interested in increasing the internet sales. That's the bottom line, internet sales are in the rise and more and more people are using online for their shopping.

This thing work, the person who referred me just made $1,5oo in 10 days... everybody can have a share of this rising business..why not you too. Jump on it

GO GO don't waste your time
  14. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

I have read this entire thread and am overwhelmed by the current or past members that are angry or dissappointed by the outcome of their STE businesses.

I was approached the other day with STE and am really not interested in the program as I already promote and am successful with another business.

But my business associate(the one who introduced me to STE) is very excited thus far. The commission plan is confusing and I do not like the $100 forced purchases as that was never mentioned to me.

Also, are these major companies listed on the site acutally affiliated with STE? Just the fact that Walmart.com was on the list gave me a false sense of legitamacy. Maybe someone can enlighten me on this a little.

I really am weary of this company because of the lack of a contact number on the website. And lets face it, they have not been around long enough to rely on their staying power. I had a feeling most of the money was coming from new signups and that lends itself to a pyramid which is bound to collapse.

But I am open minded enough to have read all the posts and would really like to hear of someone who actually received the money owed to them.
  15. Dpark

Dpark New Member

I understand how some people may have misconceptions of STE being a pyramid and all the income is based on new recruits but that is not so.
    The core business is all about the shopping. Every day i get points from my down line because people are shopping and the cash back they are recieving are being translated into points. Even if i dont do any more recruiting with the 30 or so people in my business i expect to score once every couple of months just from the shopping that everyone else is doing as well. AS long as i qualify by referring my two people and spending my 100 bucks on green products each month which in turn also translate into points etc. But if you dont want to spend the hundred dollars you just forfiet any commisions and or points that you had for that month.
    No one says you HAVE to spend the 100 dollars you only spend it if you want to colllect on this months points or have them roll over to the following month so you can score.
    Initally you do have to recruit or "refer" in order to get started but all anyone NEEDs do is to do is refer two people minimunm to qualify as a broker and three to qualify as a Business builder.
    But i was blessed in the fact that 6 of my friends/family members saw STE for what it was, an opportunity to get cash back on the purchases we all make online everyday as well as the opporunity to make money from referring our other friends that shop online and giving them an opportunity to make money as well.
    Of course the more people in your downline the more points that will be generated from people purchasing from their websites and hence more points that come up every month.
    I understand that this business isnt for everyone and i understand that things arent being handeled in an effective manner (in regards to contact number and refunds) but It is a startup company and a lot of it is growing pains. If your interested in joining up i say go into it knowing that STE is growing and evolving every day, new vendors are added to both the shop to earth and shop to earn side those of you that have the vision to get in now while STE is still fairly new have a very good chance of making a lot of money.

I have been an ste member since July 13th 2008 and I have seen the core business working (points coming up from shopping) and yes i have seen the money as was promised (I double checked my routing numbers) on the 20th a full day before they said it will be disbursed. and i believe!
    Yes there are free sites that have affilate programs that get you cash back but how do you earn real income from using them. At best your saving a little here and a little there. With STE the cash back you recieve from shopping is being converted into points and well the points do add up. And when people say that you need to spend 9k at a 5% return just to make your 448 back, i can honestly say to that person please explain to my wife, that after 9k it's ok to stop shopping because we made our money back. The next year i only need to spend 1500 to make back the 68 dollar renewal fee, So after the first year the savings is dramatically increased.
    Hmm sounds familiar didnt BJ's and SAMs club start this way as well with their referral programs? STE is a bit pricier to get involved initially but the renewal costs are lower and i have access to over 500 major retailers on the internet.
    As a family we spend more than 9k during the course of the year easy and i know that there are a lot of other people out there in the same situation of being consumers as well.
    But what if, instead of going to the stores i can get my family to shop on my ste website and get cash back and points = cash
    to me that is value and you know what? I'm IN 100% let me shave my head put on the ceremonial robes because if you believe in STE then you must be a cult member or an idiot or even a scammer
    But the way i see it every 21st of the month i look at my checking account and I have to smirk and wish all of the non believers out there the best of luck in whatever your endeavors are because all that is left to be said is CHA-CHING!
  16. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

Dpark,

Thank you for putting everything into perspective. I like the way you explained the business with no hype and just plain facts.

There will always be naysayers out there that do not like the MLM/Network Marketing business model and thats fine. But its nice to see a straighfoward approach to teaching others about your opportunity.

Do you advertise and promote this business online? I see an affiliate link in your sig file. The person who introduced me to STE stated that most do not advertise online. I cannot see this as true. The whole premise of this business is to capture a piece of the evergrowing internet market. So to take on a more traditional MLM approach seems outdated and shortsighted.
  17. Robinator

Robinator New Member

So how many people did you have to recruit to make $8000.00? I completely understand the pay plan and for you to make 8k in 18 days, you would have needed to recruit MASSIVE amounts of people!
  18. Robinator

Robinator New Member

I was on one of the webinars for STE last night and I must say that this business model appears to be VERY, VERY difficult to make money. I want to make some key points about STE that stood out to me.
    1. STE is not consumer friendly AT ALL. What I mean by that is, as a customer, I would never want to shop there. Why do you ask?? If you look at the top shopping sites on the web, most of them offer consumer reviews, which is something I always use "they do not offer this", they don't have comparative shopping, meaning when you for example go to Amazon and you type in the name of the product your looking to buy, multiple choices of where you can buy it from will come up with the prices listed so you can find the product for the lowest price. They do not have a product search bar, only a store search. So if you were looking for a Garmin Nuvi GPS system for example you would have to click on electronics, all their electronics stores would pop up, you would then have to click on each store to see if they carry the product and compare the prices on your own??? Who would want to waste all that time??? So it appears to me, in my opinion, that these sites are geared for the people in STE to buy from because they have an incentive, but someone not in the program "maybe a friend you want to shop from you" would not want to shop at the site because it is not user friendly.
    2. If you look at how the pay structure works, the bulk of the money comes from recruiting, not from distribution of products. If you look at the % of points you acquire from shopping from them, it would take a very, very long time to get a check. But when you recruit someone in you get 200 points, hmmmm very little points for shopping and much higher points for recruiting. I too am in the network marketing industry and have become very successful in this field, but the bulk of my money comes from the movement of product, not from recruiting.
    When I broke down what it would take to make a substantial on-going residual income based on the purchasing of product only not the recruiting income, I was surprised at how much spending from the group/down line it would take to make even a little bit of money. As with most new companies STE is most likely going through a learning curve and who knows, maybe they will improve on what they are doing, but for me its not the right business model. it is definitely more about recruiting than shopping, no question!
  19. Robinator

Robinator New Member

Read this:

CASE HISTORY NEW (BURN LOUNGE) TO OLDER CASES

The U.S. FTC has been moving steadily toward measuring the amount of Sales to Distributors compared to the dollar amount generated by sales to end consumers (Customers that do not belong to the pay plan). If there aren't enough Customers, the MLM Company is considered a Pyramid Scheme. Regulators have found that pure pyramid schemes don't have any end consumer customers. The definition of a Customer is a person that only buys product or services and doesn't belong to the compensation plan and has no expectation of making money. The FTC Consumer Affairs people said in public speeches (not written rules) that MLM ??“ Network Marketing Companies need to have a minimum of 50% Customers (that do not belong to the pay plan) to prove they are not a pyramid scheme. They have also said (not in writing) that 3 years would be a fair time for a new company.

I can DEFINITELY see this being a problem for STE, why you ask? There is no incentive for people to shop at the sight unless they distributors of STE. Please read my blog above explaining why.
  20. Robinator

Robinator New Member

More info, I'm telling ya, be careful!

the Latest 9 June 2007. The FTC filed a TRO (Temporary Restraining Order)! The FTC said that Burn Lounge paid $50 for recruiting two new MLM Distributors, while paying only 50 cents per 2 albums sold, per the FTC complaint. Ouch! Can you spell Pyramid by FTC standards? The money in Burn Lounge was coming from recruiting.... Not the 50% of income from Customers/Product Sales the FTC wants. I bet Burn Lounge execs and the Investors that committed $40 million had studied the history of the FTC and Customer Requirements that you are reading now! By the way, Burn Lounge killed it's MLM Program by converting to a one level affiliate program quickly and the FTC settled the case. Their stock is dead and the $40 million of investment money is down the drain. As an honest hard working top Compensation Plan Consultant I could have fixed this for a few thousand dollars! Sad to waste $40 million! Read On Below!