Has Anyone heard of Thrive Learning Institute

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Websahoy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. struggler

struggler New Member

Hi blu61, just being curious, which coaching program were you introduced by them? I was introduced focuslc.com by them. I'm sure those people who were lured into this in a similar period of timeframe as me is introduced this program. If it is focus coaching program that you were introduced to, then that shows the proof that they are selling the same coaching program for different price. And that's against the antitrust law for being non-competitive. Please let me know.

Also, to answer to your curiosity from your last post, thrive is totally responsible just because they are the one who initially contacted you and introduced these programs to you. Also, this shows that thrive was the one being a telemarketer to consumer and by looking at the registered telemarketing list in Division of Consumer Protection of Utah, they don't even exist. This means that they are illegal to telemarket any service.
    http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/lists/telemarketers.pdf

2. ouchthathurt

ouchthathurt New Member

Today on the Utah Better Business website if you search Thrive you find:
    On July 2, 2009 the Utah Division of Consumer Protection ("Division") issued an Administrative Citation against Thrive Learning LLC, Infusion Media Inc, Concepts Executions LLC, Six Figure Consulting Corp, Vanuity LLC dba Platinum Training Solutions, The Summit Group of Utah LLC dba Momentum Marketing, Internet Auction Solutions Inc and Accelerated Business Solutions Inc ("Respondents"). The citation states that starting during or before July 2008 Thrive Learning LLC ("Thrive"), along with the other Respondents listed, has been offering a Business Opportunity to consumers. Consumers were solicited and sold materials, education and coaching services for the purposes of enabling the consumers to start their own internet business. The purchase price of the transaction for these consumers exceeded $300 in each case. Consumers were sold online materials and coaching services enabling a consumer to learn about how to sell products over the internet or on eBay. Consumers were provided with access to software that would enable a consumer to build their own customized website to market products and services. Consumers were also provided with ideas and resources on how and where to obtain products to sell, including access to lists of drop shipping companies. Thrive has formally or informally allowed many name and unnamed Respondent marketing companies to sell these products and services with Thrive being responsible for fulfilling the represented products and services to each consumer. Respondent marketing companies were responsible in most cases for all representations made to their respective consumers and were also responsible for collecting payment from each consumer. At all times relevant to these transactions, Respondents were not registered with the Division to offer Business Opportunity sales. These alleged actions are charged as eight (8) counts of violation with a potential maximum fine of $20,000 ($2,500 per count). Respondents also allegedly failed to provide the appropriate disclosure statements prior to transactions. These alleged actions are charged as sixteen (16) counts of violation with a potential maximum fine of $20,000 ($2,500 per count). The Division reserved the right to amend the citation to include unknown consumers who file complaints with their office in the future.

3. ouchthathurt

ouchthathurt New Member

4. MyChagrin

MyChagrin New Member

[Post deleted on user request - Admin]

5. Vampfairy76

Vampfairy76 New Member

Don't do it! They are evil and full of crap. They will take you for a ride and leave you for dead with no remorse. It's there job to make it sound "to good to be true" and they get the money while you are left holding the phone. They do not care about you at all. Only what money they can get from you. "Don't sell your soul" Do the research and save yourself.

6. ouchthathurt

ouchthathurt New Member

With the actions against them, the bad bbb ratings, poor blogs and postings all over the internet, the credit card chargebacks and the history of this organization... I would bet that they are going to morph into another name and/or organization real soon. How can't they?

7. struggler

struggler New Member

I spoke with one of the manager at FOCUS the other day. He told me he would get my representative on the phone, Alex Saavedra, Zachary Bradshaw on the phone to call me back. But such call was not given to me as all of us already know why.

Also, I spoke with a guy who works at thrive learning, I asked for guy who initially called me and the representative who set me up for this program to get me on the phone but they told me they have disappeared from the company. 2 people have disappeared. This says something about their business that it's not very good. I even asked why the price range differs for each consumer who buys this product. The guy brought up Walmart as an example and said that each walmart varies with price. I immediately spat back at him "Sure!!, each walmart is different with price depending on the location, state and whatnot, but I don't think it would make a difference in a scale of thousands of dollars! Why is there such difference between every one of your clients?" The guy then kept telling me about BS excersise reason they said on ripoff.com. Hello? can I get my answer from that? He constantly tried changing subject as if he's not trying to answer the question. I couldn't take talking to the rude guy and I hung up the phone.

I checked my mail the other day and I found I recieved letter from Universal Account Service LLC charging me for the monthly fee since I had finance set up with summit group of Utah. I've disabled my card so that's why they can't get money from me and is sending me those annoying letter. I am not going to pay them a single penny, and I'm going to continue fighting against those scammers.

8. struggler

struggler New Member

Hey everyone, check this link from consumer protection of Utah. This describes my situation the best out of all the places I read.

http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/consumerinfo/businessopps.html

According to the list of registered business who offers business opportunity to people, thrive learning or anything related with such to offer business to people is not included on this list.

http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/lists/business_opps-registered.pdf

Another fact to add that thrive is doing illegal business as well as illegal telemarketing. As you all well know already, they have been charged for selling unregistered company's product to consumers. Also, they are banned from Illinois to offer business opportunities. Hope this info helps out when taking it to agencies.

9. struggler

struggler New Member

Ok, sorry guys, the last post was my mistake. This is more like work from home scheme.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/invest/inv14.shtm
    http://consumerprotection.utah.gov/consumerinfo/workathome.html

I called Consumer Protection of Utah today and even the call director was familiar with thrive learning. Now that's saying something. The best way to get help is to go to Consumer Protection so far from what I see. Also, I haven't seen many posts by many people recently in this thread. Probably because most of the information is already covered.

Whoever that got ripped off by these people recently, please go check page 7,8, and 9. Also, don't forget to file dispute through your bank and send much information as possible to the dispute section of the bank. Fax as much information as possible. Refer to page 8 from the post on March 15 by Imanidiottoo on what to do. His method actually worked for me and I got back the down payment I made with those scammers. Those who are ripped off by thrive and are down in the dumps, you're not alone. We're here to help each other and share information. Be persistent and let's keep fighting!

10. MyChagrin

MyChagrin New Member

[Post deleted on user request - Admin]

11. Saundrak

Saundrak New Member

[Post removed on request - Admin]

12. tcars23

tcars23 New Member

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum. I too have been taken by Thrive and didn't think I had a chance to get any money back. I am out about $4000 with them and then also money with the Tax Club, who now I see are associated with these same people. I am going to take all the advice I see here and try to get my money back. Thank you so much for all the helpful information. I will definitely be back here often to check and things and keep updated.
    So for anyone reading this, stay far, far away from Thrive Learning and be very wary of entering into anything online. BTW, I got a call for Thrive after signing up for another money making thing online, I believe it was Six Figure Income. Unfortunately, I am too naive and really think there are people out there who can help you make money.

13. wilsco

wilsco New Member

Yes, been working with thriveli for over a year now. I paid a lot of money through a process at home site. Thrive gave me and still does give me access to videos, walking you through just about every aspect of online business. I did not go to thriveli directly though. I had to pay 3890.00 to get a complete business starter kit, then I received access to thriveli, but I get charged 49.95 monthly, recurring charge. I did get my corporation set up through this though. I have not made any money though, maybe not their fault, but I have spent thousands of dollars and still havent received a red cent!! I have a full time job as a nurse and have 4 children. I have not gotten through all the info. I have learned a lot! I am still learning. They have videos for everything. It is not thriveli's fault but the original sales pitch I got was asking how I would like to make a monthly income of 7k with an investment of 9295.00, with return of investment in 30-90 days. Did not happen, as you can see! But, again thrive has a lot of great info, and has helped me.

14. knotalone

knotalone New Member

Help please.....
    We signed up with Thrive last year I know now big expensive mistake. We have had all the negative experiences everyone else has, terrible-no coaching, website up no sales, all the same issues ad nauseum. Do you think it would still be possible for us to get a refund? They definitely did not deliver what they promised for us.... Thrives best recruiting sales pitch example was selling Televisions on E-Bay and how much you can profit right? Until you sign up and they strongly suggest that you don't sell electronics...
    1 other question why is there no recent posts on Ripoffreports.com? Any positive suggestions welcomed and you can E-mail me

15. Nothappy

Nothappy New Member

[Post deleted - Admin]

16. Nothappy

Nothappy New Member

[Post deleted - Admin]

17. Penny

Penny New Member

Stay away from Thrive.

I dealt with them last year. Their coaching is NOT very good. The only teach you how to set up a website using THEIR website making software and then they expect you to pay ridiculous month fees to host and maintain that website through them. So in reality you have NOT really learned how to make a website---but you have learned how to make one of THEIR websites!

The course they sold me did not teach me how to advertise or draw traffic to the site. In fact another associated company to THRIVE (that did NOT even disclose that they were associated to Thrive) tried to sell me another expensive package to teach me how to drive traffic.

I have found numerous cheap sources of information and even FREE sources of information that taught me much more than I ever learned from Thrive.

Save your money--Thrive- Sterling Thrive- Or whatever name they now use is a waste if your time and money[​IMG]

18. scammed by utah

scammed by utah New Member

Hello all,
    I wish that I found this site about a month ago. I fell for the scam presented by Mason Parker from Internet Income Solutions also known as Internet Logistics LLC. It cost my wife and I over $14,000. They said that I would be selling enough to cover my "overhead" by the time the first bill rolled in. By six to twelve months my income would increase to the range of $2 to $6 thousand dollars per month, and reaching $12,000 a month in three years. All I had to do was listen to, and do, everything my "coach" Preston from Thriveli told me to do and it will work. Sure it will Mason, if it works so well why are you selling this trash??? You told me that you have had five businesses, with your math I could have retired on that kind of money a long time ago.

Everyone needs to remember one thing, every time a government action is taken against one of these scams, they learn another angle that they need to cover when they reopen under a new name.

Internet Income Solutions, Internet Logistics LLC, Thriveli, Mason Parker, a coach named Preston, don't let them get your money pass it forward try to save someone else.

19. lesson learned

lesson learned New Member

well I just stupidly signed up and immediately realized my mistake. I initiated a dispute with my amex (charge not shown yet but temp autho). I requested a cancellation and have scheduled a appointment with the review board to hopefully finalize it and recieve a full refund. I am going to basically state, I have 3 days to cancel and will take nothing less then 100% refund. Has anyone gone through this process? I should fully recieve my refund hopefully right?

any advise appreciated

20. Nothappy

Nothappy New Member

[Post deleted - Admin]