Has Anyone heard of Thrive Learning Institute

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Websahoy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. drp

drp New Member

I think the amount of money you pay depends on what services you purchase and also how long you are in the system. I have talked to a few people who have paid more than me but they also had more services that were done for them. So it is really relative to how much you want done for you. I really have been impressed multiple times with Thrive.
  2. jor_neu

jor_neu New Member

N Harpest, I paid 4000. In this very short month I have learned so very much, The support team and tech depts have been great and their followup is great. Their web builder program is very easy to use and user friendly, I have gotten many calls from marketing companies wanting to charge me any where from 2500 to 4000+ just to put a web site together, with no training and support and help with suppliers, they do all the work. I am very hands on with my companies and like the idea that Thrive is willing to let you get in and do some of the work, I know you are probably thinking 4000. is alot if you have to help do some, well I need to know how the ins and outs of running a web based business fuctions and that is what they are teaching me. With this program I have a whole team of well trained people working for me in a long term relationship. Their followup is very good usually with a phone call and or email. In this age with customer service being very rare I do have to give them a good grade. The point is if I am going to spend 4000. on a training program they better have great support and customer service, and I better learn something........
  3. IMarketer

IMarketer New Member

They may not have any negatives with Better Business Bureau, but the person who contacted me had complaints against him on ripoffreport.com.

I decided to pass, since I do not remember asking for information from them, even though he insisted I did.

It is not the first time I've been contacted in this manner and they usually want to know about my credit rating and their sales pitch proceeds accordingly.

My first experience with this was Internet Treasure Chest, which had many complaints on ripoffreport.com.

There is alot off free info out there, probably best to learn as much as you can for free before paying thousands.
  4. salesdude123

salesdude123 New Member

Hello, I am starting up with Thrive Learning Institute shortly. I have done a little research on them. I am here doing research and have come to one conclusion. Everyone who said good things about Thrive seemed to be a normal person of reason. The people with negitive responses all seemed to leave other links to other programs, correct me if I'm wrong. Go to the BBB and type in Thrive Learning Institute, they are approved. I have also been told I can get everything in writting before I start. I was told that everyone who has gone through their program paid off their investments within 3 months but one, and she took 4. Is anyone makeing good money after going through their program? Please reply. Also I spoke with one of their coaches who said all of them had internet buss.
  5. IMarketer

IMarketer New Member

6. drp

drp New Member

Actually IMarketer,

It sounds to me like you are a marketer for a sales company, what company do you work for and what do you sell? This forum seems to be for people like me who aren't affiliated with sales companies or training companies to share their experiences. I have also looked up some info on ripoffreport and found out that the person who started it is actually a criminal. Go to http://www.goodbusinessbureau.com/ , So do you really want to trust a criminal to tell you if a business is good or not? I think the best way to tell if a business is legit is to listen to the customers who like it.
  7. IMarketer

IMarketer New Member

That's hilarious!!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm someone was burned more than once when starting out in IM.

Paid for info that include a free website, of course I had to pay for hosting through the guy gave me the website. I had know knowledge of how to promote a website at that time, so for the cost of about $200 I had a website out in the internet wilderness.

Then low and behold, I was contacted by a company associated with the guy I got the website from, offering me coaching based on my credit history, to the tune of $6500.

I'm sure this story sounds familiar to some of the people on here who have been involved with IM for awhile.

The company who offered the coaching had many, many complaints against them posted on ripoffreport.com.

You can believe campaign started against the founder of ripoffreport, by the companies calledout for scamming people if you want.

I just hope knowone on this thread gets ripped off.

Good luck.
  8. IMarketer

IMarketer New Member

Just a quick P.S.

I have never tried to sell anything to anyone on this forum.

Also, while the goodbusinessbureau.com may be a catchie domain name, that doesn't mean it has any official standing.

I really have no dog in this fight.

Once again, good luck.
  9. SunnySusan

SunnySusan New Member

The Thrive Learning Institute eliminates "trial and error". The reason trial and error is not a valuable method to use when starting your own business is because it uses the two most valuable things that the majority of people like me and you lack the most, which is "time" and "money". Any person can go out and figure out how to start there own online business without a coach of course, but in doing so you will end up using and wasting time and money and potentially delaying your success or profit. Which in turn is something that nobody wants to happen, we all want to see profit as soon as possible. Having a coach with years of experience there to walk you threw the process step by step and to show you what works and what doesn't is a very valuable resource which will stream line your success. Now too touch on the subject of "tuition". The Thrive Learning Institute is an immense advocate of "OPM" and "capital leveraging". These two financial strategies are most commonly used among the most successful entrepreneurs because it doesn't require you to use your own capital to begin the business, and allows the entrepreneur to create profit from the business before repayment is due. Bill Gates used these two strategies when he began Microsoft as so did Donald Trump on a daily basis. When it comes down to it, in merely depends on how serious the individual is to see a change in his or her financial situation. If you are serious in making a change and you are invited to work with the Thrive Learning Institute, they provide a written guarantee of results.
  10. dianne

dianne New Member

I talked with Thrive today and it sounds interesting. What was your initial investment?
  11. 1dunkin

1dunkin New Member

Are you saying that you paid $2,100 for the course. I just spoke to someone the other day and they wanted $12,000 for the course, I wonder why there is such a difference in the figures.
  12. drp

drp New Member

I think the investment really depends on what you want as far as services go. Most of the people I have talked to have invested different amounts, but it really depends on time with the company and what services you buy. Obviously the more you invest, the more you get out of it.
  13. blessyourbike

blessyourbike New Member

Thrive learning institute is like an on-line school. I did join a few weeks ago because I want to learn something different. The different joining levels are around $3000, $5000 & $7000. They do provide coaching but only 15 minitue calls at a time, and only for a number of weeks depending on the entry level. although they contract to help until the origional investment is made back. If you are computer illiterate then it is alot of time studing the videos which seems to be the point of learning, and can cause alot of frustration. Although, you can call as many times a day as you want with questions and they will get back with you although it usually takes hours. Thought you'd like to know.
  14. AutumnLight

AutumnLight New Member

I see some folks who joined Thrive because of the websites - it really doesn't take that much to make a site, or get a domain name. There are places, were you can get a domain name and the "Sitebuilder" software, to build your own. You could also hire someone to do it for you - cheap. Register.com and Itsyourdomain are places to register your own domain. There are free templates, with flash and everything, that you can download and personalize.
    Anyhow, the real key to the online business is the marketing. If Thrive can help you folks with the marketing, then I guess it's worth it. Google adds can be placed in specific sites and you can even have a monthly budget of $50.00 - you will get clicks - maybe not as many as with a bigger budget.
    I would check Google Adworks and Yahoo is another place to place.
    Anyhow, the folks at Thrive have called me a couple of times and I'm still trying to get specific information from them - they wanted to use my credit cards to pay for the loan? "The jury is still out" as far as I'm concerned[​IMG]
  15. kimicharles

kimicharles New Member

hi, have you actually made any money from them since your investment? Im still dubious. Thanks, Kim.
  16. kimicharles

kimicharles New Member

I have just registered with Thrive. Did anyone else get their contracts through, mentioning a different company, i.e Momentum Marketing? This was who the contract (once signed) went to and then I got a sort of confirmation email from the Summit Group. Now I'm totally confused as I thought it was just Thrive learning Institute.
  17. traderp

traderp New Member

Currently working with Thrive. So far so good. I'm really learning a lot. In me I still have my doubts about making my initial investment back, but I guess time will tell. I have currently finished my market research and am in the process of contacting dropshippers.
  18. sandman

sandman New Member

I just got off the phone with thrive and I am also curious about anyones experience with this company.
  19. EVN08

EVN08 New Member

I just signed up yesterday (Thrive) - I was really excited and now I am getting a little confused. I just want an honest answer no BS - Did i get taken? Are they Legit? I wanted to use them to fast track my way to some income... Has anyone made any money and how quickly did you do it??? I keep seeing responses that seem like they say that they may or may not have helped but the bottom line is did you make your investment back and then some - Did they really start you on your way to financial freedom..?
  20. traderp

traderp New Member

Hello:

I signed up with thrive last month and so far so good. For the longest time I had the same questions you have - Did I get taken ? Are they Legit ? Is this some sort of a scam ? Like you my intentions was to use them to fast track my income.
    Honestly speaking, they have kept to there part of the bargain so far, I have my weekly lessons and I'm left with some homework to do. I have just completed my market research (i really learned a lot doing this), I have set up my business, I now have a dropshipper and am in the process of obtaining an EIN so I can contact the wholesalers directly.

Will i ever get my initial investment back ? I don't know, but I believe if I stay focused and stick to my plan, there is a high possibility that I will recover my initial investment.

A group called the taxclub might contact you to help setup your business structure. In my own opinion, if you have a good tax account that's good enough. I didn't have a good feeling about them and after googling them my doubts were confirmed.

There are no guarantee in life especially when it comes to business, so just take it one step at a time. Will you learn anything from Thrive. Yes you will. I hope this helps.

Cheers