Has Anyone heard of Thrive Learning Institute

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Websahoy, Jun 17, 2008.

1. 14u2trust

14u2trust New Member

I only wish I read this forum before becomeing a victim. I never filled out no contract w/THRIVE, I was involved with Jeff Paul to get info on scammers and fight back. Then their tactics caught me off gaurd and before I knew it I was spending $1600.00 to learn how to start a e-commerce business. I wish I never got involved and will sign any petition to help others. I also have been paying $35.00 per month to IMAX bancard that somehow was taking money from my account.

Anything I can do to help, I will. Please email me at [email protected]

2. 14u2trust

14u2trust New Member

I only wish I read this forum before becomeing a victim. I never filled out no contract w/THRIVE, I was involved with Jeff Paul to get info on scammers and fight back. Then their tactics caught me off gaurd and before I knew it I was spending $1600.00 to learn how to start a e-commerce business. I wish I never got involved and will sign any petition to help others. I also have been paying $35.00 per month to IMAX bancard that somehow was taking money from my account.

Anything I can do to help, 14u2trust is helping fight the fight to stopping internet corruption and rewards others who will help.

3. 14u2trust

14u2trust New Member

What do you mean "phone busters". I wish to do so, if they are professional. Thanks

4. spode

spode New Member

Got scammed by Thrive Learning Institute on 01-28-09 for $20,000.00. I did get a few coaching sessions. The E-bay ones were good, but when it came to setting up you your website, the coaching was just talking about how well he, himself did on his website. I didn't care about how well he did, I just wanted to know how to do it!!! I got some homework assignments. I was told there were no computer skills required. We were told we would get a website and that it would be listed on the 'first page'. HaHaHa!! We didn't even have the website up when they wanted us to pay another $45.00 per month!! That was when I realized what was happening. I can't believe that we did this, but we were in financial trouble and wanted to get a little extra cash and we got scammed! How could we be so stupid! I was promised I would get my investment back in 6 months. Been almost a year. I am taking the advice I see from others here and am sending my complaints to the Utah Consumer Protection and NY Attorney General and then to the BBB of Utah. Is there anything else I should do? I am also from Canada and don't know where we can turn to get some help. We are paying a high interest rate and our credit card and can't get anything back from the Credit Card at this late date. I hope someone out there can advise me further. Is there a possible class action lawsuit against Thrive.? Where do I sign up? Thanks, everyone.

5. spode

spode New Member

Please let me know what I can do to get my money back? I was scammed big time. We are paying high interest on our money and we can't get out. We are seniors and needed a little extra cash to help us in our retirement. We are in Canada and they came up here to get us signed up. Where do we go from here? I don't know where to start; I am faxing them everyday now to get our money back. We need some help!!

6. cmlny

cmlny New Member

[Post deleted on user request - Admin]

7. spode

spode New Member

Thanks for the info. I've only just begun! I'm waiting for them to call me, like they said they would. They were to call yesterday, but didn't keep their appointment. My husband came home from work to talk to them. I guess that's just another promise they don't keep. I'm in the process of contacting the BBB in Utah. I NEED my money back!! We'll go broke if we don't get it back or lose our house or something!!

8. cmlny

cmlny New Member

9. MyChagrin

MyChagrin New Member

10. spode

spode New Member

Dear cminy

I have now contacted the FTC and the FBI. They both have put me off. I have not heard from the AG yet; just did it today. I'm still determined to talk to Thrive and then I will contact the BBB. Thanks for listening and giving out tips!

11. spode

spode New Member

I contacted the Utah AG and they now tell me to contact the DCP and I have already done that. I also put a complaint in to the Online Business Bureau. Never heard of them before, but they specialize in fraud the is online.

12. Taken4aride

Taken4aride New Member

Dear spode,
    When you contact DCP, it takes a while to hear back. They are very busy. It took a month or more for me hear back - then we were out when they called. Be patient with them but don't just quit. Start a blog. Use wordpress or blogspot. Both are good and they are free. Tell what happened and who did it to you. Be honest and state the facts.

I have not used OBB so I do not know how they work or how honest they really are. Good luck with them. I hope they are able to help you.

The petition has been stopped (for now). A new one can always be restarted.

When the negative things start to disappear online concerning Thrive- remember someone not only got their refund but their silence was bought as well. That is how Thrive works. When that happens - someone else will pick up the ball and run with it so be prepared. You may be next in line to help out,

Thrive needs to get rid of all the negative waves out there. They have alot of clean up to do. I do not think they have changed their stripes, just their techniques.

Check out this website.
    http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/training-program-companies/thrive-learning-i n-orem-ut-22219354

It has the government actions listed for Thrive. It is on the BBB website so you just need to page down to it. It also shows Thrive's rating, which is a C+. You can check out the company that sold you your bill of goods if you want to.

Good luck to you. Be patient and hang in there. Don't dwell on this day and night. It will wear you out. Go do something fun for a change. Come back later and tackle this mess when you feel refreshed. Believe me - it does help. [​IMG]

13. takentoo

takentoo New Member

Hello Again,

Well I have started a blog and filed a complaint with the FTC. As far as the AG of Utah and the FBI, should I just write a letter and send it to them? I have noticed, when looking back a different posts, that some people have disappeared along with their posts. I'm so glad there has been someone to "pick up the ball" or else I don't know where I'd be, or if I'd still have my sanity! So THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!! I'll be ready to take the ball as soon as I figure how to go about all of this. Spode, let us know how the OBB works and if it's something worth looking in to.

14. takentoo

takentoo New Member

p.s. What's the DCP?!
    To my fellow Canadian - I am also sending an email to my province's Minister of Justice.

15. spode

spode New Member

takentoo:

DCP is the Department of Consumer Protection. I filed with them, but they put me off, but I would do it anyway. Use the Utah DCP. Finally I have another Canadian. I know that we are not the only ones; there were others who signed up the same time we did. I just wonder how they are doing. I got a call from Zach Bradshaw today. I wasn't home, so they left a message to call back. I want to call when my husband can be on the phone as well - he is at work now. I have all my notes lined up as to what I want to tell them. They have got to give us our money back; I will beg, plead, anything to make is happen. I need that money; we are going to be in real trouble if we don't get that money back. Let'e keep in touch. Thanks.

16. spode

spode New Member

takentoo:
    Not sure whether it helps or not, but I ran across the Online Better Business Bureau. I filed a complaint with them but haven't heard anything. Just fill in every form of complaint that you can and just hope for the best.

17. Taken4aride

Taken4aride New Member

Dear spode,
    If Zach called you , they are getting prepared to settle with you. Don't just take anything. Be prepared for a much lesser amount than what you want or need. State what you want. They will get back to you. There is no need to beg, plead or anything like that. Good Luck to you.

Their are government actions that took place on Sept, 2009. Read my earlier message to find that BBB website. Page down to it. Anyone who signs after that date and agrees to their terms will not get a refund unless Thrive really messed up.

I got a phone call too from Zach. I have a feeling they are trying to clean up. Maybe the pressure from DCP?

Wishing you the best! Let us know how it turned out and I will do the same.

18. spode

spode New Member

Taken4aride:
    Thank you for your encouragement. Thrive did finally call us back; stating that he is on the phone all day!! So far they refuse to give us our money back. They want us to set up the web site, but I'm not going to do that, because after it is set up I don't believe they won't give any support and it will be a flop! He didn't care about the BBB or other agencies that I sent a complaint too. He said they would just shut it down and when I said that I won't let them shut if down, he said that neither of us have any say in the matter; administration would just shut if down.

I told him that others have gotten their money back and he agreed, but there was no chance that we could get it back.

Then in the end he said that he would give this complaint to the proper people and they would review it. I said that I had my complaint all written out and would fax it to him. He suggested e-mail and I said 'no' I would rather they had a hard copy. I faxed the whole phone call to him.

I don't think that all is lost, but it will take some work and especially since I am in Canada.

Let me know what you think!

19. Taken4aride

Taken4aride New Member

spode

When did you sign up? It has been over a year for us. We did the program - took us 8 or more months (zero income) before we started asking for a refund.

The people we talked to at first were nasty. Don't get into any shouting matches. Stay calm. You will be better off and will be able to keep your sanity at least.

This is the first I have ever heard anything from Zach Bradshaw. He should be the one you talk to or send any letters to. Are you talking with Zach or others? Those other guys I talked to you are just henchmen. They are trying to get you to back down and go away. Don't let them get to you!! Stand firm!!!! Just repeat calmly "I WANT MY REFUND!"

What was the name of the company that con you? Ours was Internet Income Solutions. They have an F rating with BBB (online).

I am not sure if living in Canada makes any difference. I am in another state other than Utah. I sent letters the the AG of Utah and the DCP. I also sent a complaint to my states AG and got responses from all.

I believe it will be the Utah DCP that will help you. It will take time. I started in July of 2009 and just now am getting results.

Do you have a contract? We didn't. But it sounds like you are taking the right steps in processing your complaint.

Again- check the Canadian laws on business opportunites. They must be online. There are also several blogs out there that offer more information as well.

This is a great forum. There is alot of support out there so don't be afraid to use it!

I know what you mean about the high credit rates. Can you shift the balance to another cc with lower rates? It was too late for our credit card dispute so I just skipped that step.

Start blogging! It may be good for you anyway. I would not wait. Just be honest about what happened to you. No need to call Thrive nasty names even if they deserve it. Put your anger aside for now. I know it is hard. We all understand how you feel!! We have been there!

You can do it. Just Breathe! (as the song says) Put that anger energy to work on your blog!

Good luck to you!! Remember to keep your stick on the ice!! [​IMG]

20. spode

spode New Member

We signed up at the end of January 2009. They came up here to Canada to recruit. We thought we had gotten the whole thing when we paid them the initial $3,880.00, and were ready to get a web site. Then about 5-7 days later they started calling us by phone to get us signed up on more stuff!! They were very smooth talkers and convinced us that we would recoup our money in 6 months. We haven't been working at it for a while now; that's when we started trying to get our money back. I went on the internet and saw all this "stuff" and couldn't believe what we had done!

Zach B is the Customer Relations guy, but he apparently does not have the final say about whether we get a refund. He promised to take our information to the right people. That was when I thought maybe we had some hope.

We may get some offers for lower credit in the new year, so will try and pursue the option.

The business who they work with in Canada is Business Breakthrough. We will try and call them on Monday morning.

We just have a verbal contract. Nothing was signed. When I mentioned that, he said they had a recorded contact and that was just as binding as the signature.

I was real calm throughout the whole phone call and didn't use any nasty names, etc. The only problem is sleeping at night. I keep waking up and the whole things starts going through my mind and them it's been impossible to sleep. I get up and read a book to get my mind on something else.

Have you gotten your money back?

Thanks again for your encouragement. I'm going to stick with it.