Has anyone worked for 1 800 flowers.com from home??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by chamner04, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Miso915

Miso915 New Member

Hi, I am expecting an interview for 1-800 Flowers on Wednesday. I have the phone line and the phone, but can someone please tell me how all this works? For example, I have all the requirements, such as a phone line, but I am new to taking calls from home. How does the phone connect to my computer system? I have a USB headset thats connected to my computer, and a land line based phone that will soon be next to my computer, so how to the two worlds connect so I can receive calls?

Thanks
    Mia
  2. spoiledcandy

spoiledcandy New Member

I recently was hired for 1800 flowers. I just went through a two day orientation and graduated today. I start work on Monday.

Miso, you have to download several applications that allows you to receive inbound calls. In the beginning you will be very confused because they give you all these applications and passwords to download but eventually you get the hang of it.
  3. katereber

katereber New Member

chrisnik: huff85
    They called for my interview, however since I did not have the land line phone yet, they could not continue with the interview because it was something they needed to test as part of the interview. Which was a bummer. So I'm thinking about trying again for Mother's Day after getting a phone line put in. Although it makes me nervous to have an extra bill if I do not get the job.
    Good day,
    Better try it again, how will you know if you are qualified for that job or maybe that job is for you.. Keep on trying, think positive..

Good luck and have a great day..