Has the recession affected you?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by payment proof, May 4, 2009.

1. payment proof Member

Has the recession affected your work at home efforts?

One thing I've noticed: There seems to be more people online looking for ways to make money.
  2. cherie27 New Member

No. It didn't have any impact on my work at home effort.
    From another angle, people are looking for extra income from the internet.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

It has affected my furniture sites some. I have had to put more effort into marketing to reach the people that have money.[IMG]

But if you are targeting work at home folks, then you are probably okay, although even there, people are very cautious about where they spend their dollars...
  4. Aaronbiz New Member

Hi,

Working a little more on getting my sites on Page One of Google for lower competitive keywords. For Organic searches.

The theory, the more my sites are seen the more sales will result.

As with anything it's a tweak and test, tweak and test process.

Aaron Riddell
  5. garygoh New Member

mountainmom5: But if you are targeting work at home folks, then you are probably okay, although even there, people are very cautious about where they spend their dollars...

This is very true.
  6. gridellas New Member

I have noticed during this time that the make money from home niche has grown, just the little bit of time I have been apart of marketing. If you are in the niche you have probably noticed like I have, that it takes a little more effort to get to the top and not get lost in the sea of information.
  7. jpiper1 New Member

Once the recession started I decided it was time to really take a look at what was doing well. People seem to be looking for other ways to bring in extra income now. Seems most of the people don't want the second job they have to be outside the home either.
  8. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi Friends,
    I had made the decision to not let the recession affect me. It has not...thankfully.
    Have a prosperous week!
    Victoria
  9. payment proof Member

jpiper1: Seems most of the people don't want the second job they have to be outside the home either.
    I totally agree. Having a full time job is challenging enough. Having a second job on top of that can be extremely difficult.
  10. KarenSmith67 New Member

No matter what, recession or not, people are looking for a way to get out of a job where they are making someone else rich and not being noticed for thier hard work and effort. Being your own boss allows you to pick and choose where and what kind of work you do.

One advantage to having a full-time job is that you can start networking with others, about your new way of making money. People will listen to you, if you have gained their trust. Sometimes when a person is not working another job, they have to find other ways to market their new business.

Just my thoughts!
  11. kevrock529 New Member

Being in direct mail marketing, we have noticed a significant hit with smaller businesses marketing. Our mailing list sales have suffered due to small businesses cutting back on their marketing efforts through this recession. So far this year, we have seen an increase and hoping that continues through out the new year.
  12. taz87 New Member

YES...If anything it made me push myself harder,faster and take more action faster. If anything the recession and pressure worked/working in my favor.

Taz
  13. JanHickling New Member

I think everybody in our country has been affected in one way or another. We are real estate refugees. We lived pretty well for a long time but were suddenly left with a $200,000 lifestyle and a $20,000 income. Surprisingly, I am finally getting grateful for it.

My husband and I have worked online for years but we have really kicked it out in the past two years. Why - recession. I realize now how tied we were to a stay at home (no traveling) business. We had bosses: our clients and we had to work when they wanted us. Loved the business for many many years. It is very rewarding to help people discover their dream of home ownership. We now help people discover their dreams online. Different dream but same satisfaction.

Jan Hicklng
  14. weebitty Member

Yes it has affect everyone in different ways. It makes you want to really get your online business going and let me explain why in ways you might not have thought of.

Your job is no longer secure. The employers are not hiring anyone that has been on unemployments (who needs the jobs more?)

The government is cutting back on everything. Schools, medicare, and believe me when I tell you Social Security is a joke as far as living on it. But that is another story.
    You living a good life while you are working but once you retire you notice that your income doesn't match your lifestyle. Or your expenses.
    and that is getting worse with the priceses going up almost everyday.

I see more and more businesses going under than ever before. It is sad to see people struggling the way that they are.
  15. steelpaulo New Member

Forget about it. went to work and they called a special meeting out of the blue (for the rank and file anyway) Sorry were out of business after 27 years. We can't get financing for our customers.

I blame the banks for the problems we are having. They have money but they won't lend unless you have platinum credit.

Same old story if you don't need the money they will loan it to you.

Very real reason that I am working a lot harder on the net than I was.
    Grateful to have all the time in the world now though. javascript:paste_strinL('[IMG]',3,'','','')
  16. markdudek New Member

I'm doing more websites for small businesses. I put this down to people losing their jobs, and having a go at setting up their own business.

It's great to see people doing that - turning a bad situation into (hopefully) a good one.

Regards to All,
    Mark.
  17. taz87 New Member

It takes sometime for reality to settle(nothing will happen and no one will save you but yourself) but once it does. An almost spiritual power takes over me and keeps me going even when everything is going south.
    Never quit unless you don't want to win.

Taz
  18. bhuff85 New Member

The only thing it has done for me is to allow me to push even harder to make my business more successful.

The common misconception with a "job" is that you'll be "safe", but the truth is, business is business, and it can falter at anytime with no warning. I've been through plenty of ups and downs with various companies to know that no job is secure.

Building my own business not only gives me more freedom, but the chance to react quicker than major corporations if anything major happens, thus reducing any serious side effects.

Anyway, that's been my primary focus, and it's getting better each day. Just gotta stay consistent [IMG]