Have another ? about my lens

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by gridellas, Apr 24, 2009.

1. gridellas New Member

Well I moved over to the right section [IMG]

Anyway, everyone helped me out so much on my lens and it has paid off. You guys have to go check this out http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=website+profit+formula&aq=f&oq=

Look at #6. That is me! Can you belive it? Finally!

So my question is this:

Since I have made it to a page 1, what do I now that I am there? What do I do to get it to stay there or possible move up?

I don't work good under pressure so since I am excited I don't want to goof it up. LOL What do I do?
  2. A8ch Gold Member

gridellas: Since I have made it to a page 1, what do I now that I am there? What do I do to get it to stay there or possible move up?
    Hi Gridellas,

Congratulations on your first-page Google listing. Well done!
    (Incidentally one of your articles is #3 on Yahoo for the same keywords- website profit formula.)

Here are 3 things you could do to hold and improve your position:

1. Keep adding keyword-specific and related content to the lens.
    2. Write and distribute more articles that link to the lens.
    3. Create other lenses that focus on related keywords and link them to the main lens.

But more than simply improving the position of one lens, you could now aim to get as many sales representatives of yours on the first page, since you obviously know how to do it. It's just a matter of replicating the achievement.

You'll improve your odds of getting clicks if you can plaster your properties all over the front page. And when you've done that for one keyword, you can repeat the process with related keywords.

Hermas
  3. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Gridellas,

I think Hermas brought up the best way in number 2 + 3: Get a few backlinks to boost Page Rank and generate traffic to the lens.

You might write more articles, a press release, submit the lens to Yahoo, put it in your signature file here on the forum and elsewhere, etc.

Be sure to use your keywords in the anchor text of your backlinks.

~Newbie Shield~
  4. gridellas New Member

Thanx guys! I thought all this is stuff would never sink in but finally it is, slowly but surely.

Since I have finally realized what it takes to get on the first page, it has finally dawned on me that it is all about wash, rinse and repeat.

It is like the light bulb just went off and it all clicked. That is a great feeling [IMG]
  5. samda Member

Great man. The keyword is really apt one. Keep getting more links and add more contents and who knows you would get #1 and traffic would flow like any thing.
    Sam
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

gridellas: It is like the light bulb just went off and it all clicked. That is a great feeling
    I love it when that happens! Am happy for you... [IMG]
  7. gridellas New Member

Thanx, now it is hard to keep focused on one thing because now I see so much potential. LOL