Have you ever tried paid advertising?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by shuvo, Aug 25, 2013.

1. shuvo

shuvo Member

I was just curious whether anybody here tried paid advertising to promote their product/website? If so which network and whether it was a successful one in terms of traffic/sales?

Thanks in advance for sharing your views:)

2. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

I have done a paid classified ad or two with AdlandPro. I got more visibility granted, but I really didn't see a change with the callers into my line. I would definitely say that you should work with free classifieds before paying for any ads. Paying for an ad is wasted money if you aren't putting your best ad out there in the first place. See what reactions that your text ads get on the free level...then once you see that an ad is getting great traffic, that is the one that you want to place as a paid ad.

3. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

Solo ads get you a great opt-in rate, but you must pick the right ones, because a lot of them can be rubbish and give you no conversions! PPC can be good, but try hard to get a really creative landing page that will interest people! Hope this helps. :)

Michael Dowds likes this.
  4. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

I've tried AdWords and Facebook Ads. Honestly, I had better results through my own efforts than I did with paid advertising. No one will work harder than you when it comes to your own Internet Marketing.

5. bluetexas

bluetexas Member

I created some free ads on Adlandpro, with no real results. Haven' tried the gold membership.

6. Maurice6303

Maurice6303 New Member

I have had some success with google adwords. But I have made more money using ppc with banner ads on blog networks. The key is don't waste the visitors.

Depending on what you're promoting, ALL of your traffic should go to a squeeze page, or some page that collects email addresses. Once you get the visitors email address, you can build a relationship and market to them over and over again.

7. Haywood

Haywood New Member

In my opinion one of the best advertising/marketing services is Rent-a-List
    Very affordable and your ad will be seen by thousands of people
    If you are going to use paid ad services use them

8. whitney black

whitney black Member

I did, and what I found is that you're better off just using free traffic. With free traffic, such as social media, you can go viral, which is actually the best kind.

9. GairyAmeriplan

GairyAmeriplan New Member

I have done Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook ads, etc. Pay per click (PPC) advertising can be tremendously effective in terms of your return of investment. However, it all depends on what product you offer. Google AdWords' interface is highly sophisticated and allows you to target a specific audience relevant to your business.

Please message me and we chat more for any questions you may have.

10. Bruno

Bruno New Member

Solo Ads and JV Membership sites are a great way to setup ads that generate quite good conversion. It works amazingly for me.

Michael Dowds likes this.
  11. Calvin Get Info

Calvin Get Info New Member

I'm a fan of CPV traffic, if I was you my main goal would be to set up a capture page around your product or business,
    and capture there email so if they don't purchase what you are promoting you can promote another offer later.
    Build that email list!!!

12. oxpaulo

oxpaulo New Member

If you are wanting traffic for a blog, a great way to get a flood of traffic is to write a list. Submit it to Fark, Digg, etc. If it's informative and people like it, the flood gates open.

13. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

There are some free ways to advertise your business online. Sure it is free but it takes more time to see results.

I have heard a lot of people who complained that paid ads like pay per click does not work well and I am here to tell you that it is the best.

From all the traffic sources I tried online in the past 11 years, pay per click is much better then most of them. If some of you even tried solo ads, I can tell you that I tried both solo ads and pay per click.

Pay per click has better conversions because most of the people that you get from there never seen any opportunities before. They are "virgins".

The people who come from solo ads have been exposed to other business opp before and your conversions will be lower.

14. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Good question,

Like with most advertising, free or paid, it is a hit and miss proposition as I see it. You can pay for premium advertising and get no results, and on the other hand you could use one of the hundreds of free advertising sources and get fantastic results. Adwords became a waste of money years ago, but it was very productive for several years when it launched, but like everything, what worked yesterday does not mean it will work today or tomorrow.

Good luck to all,

15. KB24

KB24 Active Member

I have. It depends on where you get the traffic from. Is it quality? There are many companies out there that are selling junk traffic.

payment proof likes this.
  16. Adrian

Adrian Member

Traditional offline advertising can also be a very effective way to get traffic to your website.Such as newspaper ads direct mail and voice broadcasting.

17. Art

Art Member

I've tried solo ads, adwords, bing ads, facebook ads, banner advertising, ptc etc
    The truth is that all of the above work!
    BUT... if you are not experienced using these methods you will probably lose money...
    Study different methods first and focus one one instead of doing 'everything and nothing'.
    Good luck :)
    Art

18. Conor Doherty

Conor Doherty New Member

Had a lot of success with Facebook ads until they started rejecting all ads in my niche.
    I'm now trying Bidvertise and 7Search advertising to test how effective they are.

19. Lina_Wes

Lina_Wes New Member

I know some online advertising services that could be of a particular use to people or companies whatever they want to promote. You may get acquainted with Noonint. There you can create an Ad in a few clicks, select the target audience. And as far as I understand it is you who gets paid (bonuses for actual clicks).

20. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Better than free advertising is to get paid to advertise your businesses, sure works for me. Free trial gives you a jump start to be on your way to being paid to advertise, can't beat this new strategy.

Success to all,