Health Care Reform Possibilities

Discussion in 'Health' started by kimbobabilly, Sep 10, 2009.

1. kimbobabilly New Member

Based on recent debates regarding health care disputes, different people have different ideas on how to change health care.

One idea is to raise the public gas tax to provide free health care. This would branch into other areas such as public transportation, eco-friendlier environments, and ideally turn the medical field into a public sector versus a private one. Medical monopolies would reduce and all citizens would be granted the same health care rights. Jobs would increase in construction of new public hospitals as well as medical positions.

If your job already offers you free medical benefits that's great. Just remember, you could be laid off at any time or something could happen to you or the business. Ultimately this is your life at the stake of a business. If the medical field shifted to a public sector, you would be guaranteed health insurance even if you lose your job or move. Also, if businesses no longer had to supply health care to their employees, the money spent on health care could channel into other areas--ranging from larger salaries to compensate for larger gas rates.

This possibility is by no means formal, only a potential idea thrown into the bucket of debate regarding health care.

What are your ideas for changing the U.S. health care? Would a sales tax or gas increase along with shifting the medical field to a public sector be a good move? Comment Below
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

After sticking my foot in my mouth on this same topic on another thread I am locking my lips and throwing the key away.[IMG]
  3. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi kimbobabilly,

I think that this sort of general topic, which applies to and affects the population in general, would be more appropriate for either a health site or a political site.

Our community would be better served with a topic more directly related to online marketing or working at home.

~Newbie Shield~
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: Our community would be better served with a topic more directly related to online marketing or working at home.
    Thanks NS - I heartily agree.[IMG]
  5. kimbobabilly New Member

So irritable bowel syndrome deserves to stay up on the site but Health Care shouldn't be? Afterall I did put the post under Health.
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

The reason we responded the way we did was because we had a discussion earlier on the health care issue and because it is such a contraversial *spelling??* subject, I think it is better left on the political forums....and save this forum for what it is called to be... a work at home forum.... [IMG]
  7. kimbobabilly New Member

haha Yes, it is an incredibly heated topic mainly because there are so many factors that come into play with this topic and everyone would be affected differently. Hopefully a halfway parsimonial solution can be met in the near future so congress can get started passing a bill.
  8. Newbie Shield Gold Member

kimbobabilly: So irritable bowel syndrome
    deserves to stay up on the site but Health Care shouldn't be?
    Hi Kimbo,

In my opinion, yes.

kimbobabilly: Afterall I did put the post under Health.
    You didn't do anything "wrong" and no one is angry with you :)

M5 added good reasoning to my own in our in our replies above.

I think it's better to discuss particular conditions that arise either due to working from home and/or that interfere with the same.

Discussing what may or may not happen or be included in a health bill that may or may not become a law once it reaches Capital Hill is very speculative discussion about a very general topic that may affect the USA population as a whole at an unspecified point in the future.

There's more but I'm sure you get the general gist.

I do look forward to anything you might contribute about making money online or about working from home :)

~Newbie Shield~
  9. player New Member

Health Care schould always involve a qualified physican or someone who has knowledge in the system. Such as myself an MD for over 35 years. And depending on what type of health care is needed.
  10. TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Health care directly relates to your personal economic state.

I understand that 75% of people's personal economy goes down the tubes due to health issues that come up.
    And you won't get help from Uncle Sam until you spend yourself broke!

What good is it to make a ton of money, at home or at 'work', only to lose it all because you neglected your health in the pursuit of economic security?

Health and economy go hand in hand imho...