Hello and a question....

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by Antslovebug, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Antslovebug

Antslovebug New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am new here to this forum, I have been looking around and reading some stuff for the last couple of days. I had a question about this company. I am seeing lots of peopke who have gotten hired from them. I was wondering what is it like to work for them? Do you still enjoy your job? I know this is a sensitive topic, but could anyone give me a ballpark figure on how much they pay and how? What I mean by how is, is this is an hourly paid job or are you paid on the amoount of calls you make or take? Just how does it work exactly.

I personally am looking for something part time. I am disabled. I have been for quite sometime now. Before becoming disabled I was a nurse. I worked as a nurse for 4.5 years. When I became disabled I didn't want to stop working. I have this need to contribute to society, so I took a course in Medical Transcription. I have been doing that for almost 6 years now and I am just not happy. I see so much turnover at jobs, in fact in my 6 years I have had more jobs than I can count, which is sad really. I don't like the way the companies pay. They pay by the line. I am a fast typist, I can type 80wpm and I still can't make a decent paycheck in this field. Now I'm not looking to make tons of money, I just want equal pay for the amount of time and effort I put into a job. I want to see that I worked hard to earn that decent pay check. Again, doesn't have to be millions, just something substantial to what I put into it.

Last question.... Is this a emloyee job or a contractor job?

Thanks for reading this anyone who did and if anyone answers thanks ahead of time. I could really use some guidance right now. I need to find something I can do from home that I preferably get paid hourly to do or something comperable to the amount of time and effort I put into it. If you personally work for West at Home, and you think that this would be a good fit for me let me know. I am interested to hear any and all feedback. Thank you so much and have a terrific day!!! [​IMG]

Take Care,

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have never worked for West at Home but I am thinking you might be able to get some feedback over at the wahm.com forum... sorry!
    [​IMG]