Help finding a job at home

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Semj2011, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Semj2011

Semj2011 New Member

Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I just had my first child and am looking to find a job working at home. I have looked into some opportunities but they seem to be fraudulent. Mostly, I have been looking into jobs that involve mailing because I don't know of any other types of jobs I could do from home. However, I did spend 5 years in college studying fraud and computer security so I am very skeptical about some of the work at home opportunities out there. This venture will only be temporary because I do intend to seek employment using my college degree. Right now, I am just trying to enjoy motherhood and spend time with my child. Any advice or suggestions are very much welcome and appreciated.
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Semj2011: I have been looking into jobs that involve mailing because I don't know of any other types of jobs
    There is no such thing online.

There are some writing job and other internet jobs that you can get on a very popular site:

www.elance.com

I would also encourage you to take a serious look at MLM online.
  3. CJConsulting

CJConsulting New Member

Arise has a program where you can do customer service out of your home...but there are fees involved. PM for details. I can put you i touch with someone who works for them now.

And I will co-sign on the fact that home mailing isn't real.

If I happen to not respond quickly, go to my site and you can usually get me on Facebook pretty quickly.

Blessings,
    Christi Johnson
  4. CherylAH

CherylAH New Member

I had felt the same way as you. I kept getting emails about easy this and get rich quick that but it wasn't what I wanted. I have three children and we needed me to be able to work from home so that I could be here to get everyone to school in the morning and home in the afternoon, plus coordinating after school activities.

You'll want to do some research into what industries have the most potential clients and also which will have the most growth for the next few years. Then you'll want to focus in on the top companies in that industry. I focused in a little more specifically into the industry to find a niche that would allow me to have the biggest base of people I could serve. Also, determine if what you are offering is a want vs a need. Wants are sporadic purchases, whereas needs tend to be monthly/regular purchases. Both of these will determine how much $$ goes into your pocket. I wanted to have residual income, so that was important for me to find in a company, too.

Finally, you'll want to work with a company that you believe in and who has a product you believe in. You enthusiasm about what you do will take you far.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Congratulations on the new baby! It's a wonderful thing to watch a child grow and discover the world!
  5. joanneye

joanneye New Member

Does 2012 work at home top choice really work ?
  6. WahIdeas

WahIdeas New Member

Doing writing, or reports is a good source of income if you are good at typing. Do you know other languages?! I know of a few people who make a LOAD of money translating documents to/from other languages. And the more you do, the bigger your reputation will get and the more you'll make...
  7. er005

er005 New Member

Semj2011

Working home and having a privileges to see my kids besides me while working online is great, actually I'm having fun at the same time...
  8. oldhag

oldhag New Member

dwjaxonia
    I think you are someone that I need to talk to, if that is alright with you
  9. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

Before you jump into any work from home venture, consider your strengths and weaknesses. If you are good at writing, consider writing in-demand information on a topic that excites you! If sales are your thing, consider a popular direct-selling venture.

There are numerous call center and work-from-home ventures that don't require you to pay to work. Some even offer benefits. A simple search on one of the many search engines will locate them for you.

Good luck in your search!
  10. anderson78

anderson78 New Member

There is a lot out there, unfortunately some of it is scammy to full blown scams. It can be hard to tell the difference. however, once you figure out kind of what you want to do be it data entry, or phone sales, or internet marketing or whatever, make sure you do a lot of research on the company/program before you jump in.

If you are good at writing catchy subject lines and short catchy emails internet marketing can be a very lucrative business. But, like any job, it takes time and effort.

Cheers!
    John
  11. maria118

maria118 New Member

I have been searching myself for real, legit ways to make some money at home. I have small children, and it makes it hard to get work outside the home. I know there are ways to make money at home.. just research what you are looking at and considering before you commit to anything. I have made that mistake WAY to often!! Good luck [​IMG]
  12. gowriter

gowriter Member

Work at home jobs are hard to come by, but I can name a couple that can help you out a tiny bit.

London brokers and Text Broker don't pay a lot, but they do have consistent work. If you don't mind starting off making $4 an article, I really suggest London brokers.

Demand Studios pays much more, but you're going to have to apply. Work is consistent. Scripted is the same way. Work is not as consistent here.

A lot of people seems to be making money on Fiverr, allowing people to promote ads to their social networks. See what types of things they do.

You can write for Squidoo, Wizzley, Hubpages, Info Barrel, Seekyt, Triond. But these take time, money, search engine optimization, backlinks -- basically a lot of up front work in order to make money. But you can profit well.

Your best bet is start off with Londonbrokers or Text Broker. You will get paid if ou're diligent and follow the rules. You'll need a PayPal account that's either Premier or Business. They're both free.

A regular PayPal account, the kind you use with eBay, only allows you to make up to $400 a time. You want to be able to get paid for more in the future.

So check out Text Broker or London Brokers and do the others sites I've mentioned on the side.
  13. Yauchnd1

Yauchnd1 New Member

It all depends on your area of interest and if you have a particular passion. Feel free to personal message me and I can give you a few websites that can give you ideas based on your general areas if interest.
  14. Tess_T

Tess_T New Member

I recommend that if you can write and have decent spelling/grammar skills, you consider writing online. Content writers can make an incredible amount of money on the internet (this is what I do) without any degree or special training. You can write for some of the sites mentioned in this post, but you can also start your own writing service and charge the rates you feel you're worthy of.

Affiliate marketing is another great idea, and not a scam. However, there is a learning curve involved and it does require work, although you may here differently. With affiliate marketing, you simply connect buyers with merchants and collect a commission for doing so.

Blogging about your passion is another idea; blogs are easy to monetize, and actually fun. Good luck with finding a way to make money!
  15. everythingsimpl

everythingsimpl New Member

Buying and selling things off of ebay and craigslist is pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. The nice thing is that it can be scaled up until you basically have your own business. Money can come in pretty quickly compared to other methods.
  16. Marktech

Marktech Member

If you can write good ad copy Craigslist is still a viable source for cash. It's getting harder to keep from getting ghosted but still do-able. You will have to find a niche that's not totally saturated and do some test ads with different products or affiliate programs.
  17. Mikenivez

Mikenivez New Member

I started with just cpa programs that pretty much got my feet wet in
    terms of making my first couple bucks online.
  18. Azmos

Azmos New Member

Hi,

I'm Azman. First of all I envy you because you studied fraud and computer security. Actually, the opportunity is in front of your eyes already. I wish I can post this earlier last year but I hope I'm not too late to tell you. Don't be skeptical. Don't rely on other people(websites) to make you money. Rely on yourself. Ask yourself this. What knowledge that other people don't possess? What information can you five to the world?

I have one way for you. Start a blog about how you can teach/advise people about fraud and computer security. How do you make money from it? You'll know once you create a blog.

Azman
    <Snip>
    [Post edited. Link removed - Admin]
    Turkaria likes this.