Help me make an informed decision.....

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by thutchis, Aug 13, 2009.

1. thutchis

thutchis New Member

I am looking into making money online. I've been told affiliate marketing it the way to go. I'm no dummy, but when I research affiliate marketing some of the info makes my head swim. How does it all work, etc. Not able to wrap my head around it[​IMG]

I am not tech savy and a total newbie to this sort of stuff, but I am "teachable" if you explain it to where I can understand it. Is WA designed for a complete beginner? Can I join and learn all I need to know about AM and make money online with it?

I've heard the pros and cons of WA, more pro than con. Would just like to hear from you guys, your experiences and are you really able to make money using it.

Thanks all for your input[​IMG]

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Affiliate marketing involves sending traffic to company websites in exchange for a commission.

For example, you could set up a website about mountian bikes, and recommend a specific brand of mountain bike to your visitors. You could use eBay affiliate banners on your website and then send that traffic over to eBay - if that person buys a mountian bike through your link, you would earn the commission, because you helped generate that traffic. Make sense?

That is just one example - you can promote literally thousands of different kinds of products. A lot of people start out with Clickbank, which offers over 10,000 digital products, and most of these products pay a 50% commission.

For example, there is a weight loss ebook I promote which sells for $39.99. The author pays his affiliates a commission of $19.99 for every ebook sale that is made through your unique affiliate link.

To answer your question about Wealthy Affiliate, yes, it is a great place for beginners to start out. There is an 8 Week Action Plan that will teach you all of the basics about affiliate marketing, and there are also a ton of tutorials in the Learning Center.

WA also comes with an awesome forum with a lot of helpful members, and you can also get personal coaching through Carson and Kyle - this is included as part of your membership.

You also get access to a free website builder called Site Rubix, plus a bunch of other very useful tools - but please note that WA will teach you how to earn money online with or without a website.

In short, if you want to learn how to make money with affiliate marketing, Wealthy Affiliate is THE place to learn! [​IMG]

3. thutchis

thutchis New Member

Thanks getagrip for your response. Have you had any experience with My Online Income System or Carboncopy pro? I read a lot of your posts and you seem to be "in the know".

Thanks again!

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome thutchis.... Getagrip is the guy for you on the WA stuff.

I have not used that yet, nor the other two that you mentioned there but just wanted to tell you that regardless which one you decide to go with, just realize that they are not silver bullets... [​IMG]

Nothing is.

They are simply programs and tools to help you learn online marketing skills.

From my experience, the programs I have tried all vary a bit, but have a lot of the same basic information in them.

I have heard that the My Online Income System and Wealthy Affiliate are good ones for beginners.... if that helps.[​IMG]

Good luck!

6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

mountainmom5: They are simply programs and tools to help you learn online
    marketing skills.
    M5 is right - they are simply information and frameworks. Each of us have to take it a step further and make it happen. Good point!

~Newbie Shield~

7. matbay44

matbay44 New Member

Hello everyone. I just discovered Wealthy Associates yesterday and after sifting through a lot of work from home scams I am interested in this. I am skeptical of fast money promises so this seems to fit well.

This community appears to be very helpful as I have done a lot of reading here. At some point I will sign up for WA University and try the 8 week course. First I think I'd like to check out some others to get my feet wet.

The 30 Challenge looks pretty good, as does One Week Marketing. Your info has been very helpful this far and I look forward to getting to know some of you and learning as much as I can! Thanks!

~M

8. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

The only thing I would add is once you make a decision and join a program, basically stick with it.

You would not need to keep purchasing e books and such...you know the IM miracle stuff.
    Cheers!
    Victoria

9. matbay44

matbay44 New Member

Thank you Victoria. I'm so new to ALL of this stuff but I got the feeling it's legit if you work at it. Been reading your tweets and your posts. Discussion forums are a good way to find out if you're interracting with real people who have tried this stuff vs. scams which are everywhere. The volume of software people discuss is overwhelming so far. I need to find a niche so I can move ahead with the 30DC. I will chech out that black book and see what lies within [​IMG]

10. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

While you are learning, take action, you may make mistakes, but you learn from them. I have been on this forum for about 6 months and in May I finally got my head to stop swimming and jumped in, have not looked back sense. Affiliate marketing is the way to go in my opinion as well. It also helps if you are passionate about the niche you chose. It makes it rewarding on many levels other than a financial one.

11. matbay44

matbay44 New Member

Thank you. I have a few areas I am passionate about but I have yet to translate them into a viable niche using Samurai.

12. patwin

patwin New Member

Hi thutchis,

Wealthy Affiliate is a comprehensive school of internet marketing. It's a place you will become a member of and remain a member for a long time.

For a newbie marketer and technically challenged person, it will be quite overwhelming. I recommend you join on the monthly plan, log into the 8 week action plan and take it one day at a time.

When you've completed the 8 week action plan, you can evaluate and decide if this is for you - at that time pay for the year and forego the monthly payment hassle if you can swing it.

Newbie marketers survive all the time[​IMG] and live to be very wealthy hence the name Wealthy Affiliate.

I can't think of any other place I would send a new marketer. You can trust the information. It's low cost - when you pay for the year upfront - $359 - it works out to $29 month.

You can be making steady money within 6 months -IF - you show up and put what you learn to work.

You will learn how to be a wealthy affiliate and many go on to become wealthy business proprietors. If you want to produce your own digital product - WA is the place to learn all the foundational info you need to carry on your goal.

I know quite a few prominent internet marketers that started at WA.

Seeing the ads from the other guru's - you're seeing pieces of the IM puzzle - WA is the whole big puzzle with all the pieces in one place.

I'm so glad to know these guys and to be part of WA.

Patricia

13. matbay44

matbay44 New Member

Thank you Patricia. I have spent some time researching WA and am hearing all the right things. No promises of instant riches, just opportunity. I will likely join at some point. Just getting my feet wet at the moment. Thanks again.

~Matt

14. patwin

patwin New Member

You are most welcome! I look forward to seeing you in the forum.

15. thutchis

thutchis New Member

Thanks all for your replies to my original post. Your comments have pretty much convinced me that WA is the way to go. I'm not looking to get rich over night and I don't mind putting work into an online business to reap the rewards down the road.

Everyone says find your "niche". That's my problem I don't know what my "niche" is. I do know that it needs to be something I believe in and something that will make money. Maybe by joining WA and going thru 8 week course I can find it.....Thanks again!

16. patwin

patwin New Member

You are welcome thutchis - your starting point is similar to others, especially me - when I got online in the 90's I had a whole new language to learn and for me, it wasn't intuitive. So, just take it one day at a time and you will be rewarded for your persistence.

Patricia

17. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

thutchis: Everyone says find your "niche". That's my problem I don't know what my "niche" is. I do know that it needs to be something I believe in and something that will make money. Maybe by joining WA and going thru 8 week course I can find it...
    There are tutorials within Wealthy Affiliate that show you how to identify niches, and there are also tools that make niche mining easier as well. The forum is also a great resource to find out about niches. [​IMG]

18. thutchis

thutchis New Member

Thanks getagrip....you make it sound so easy[​IMG]

19. patwin

patwin New Member

Hi thutchis - about niches - there are products you personally buy - there are brands you swear by - there are gadgets you want - there are places you want to see - all of that has a niche - beyond that - you want to know where the "hungry crowd" is buying -

getagrip is telling you - there are ways of investigating what the hungry crowd wants.

Technology is a blessed thing - never before has a marketer had so many tools available to him.

Just start on one subject and allow yourself to expand. It occurs to all of us. The potential of the niche (s) gets bigger and bigger as you explore the possibilities. But, you only have to begin with one.

20. thutchis

thutchis New Member

Thanks Patricia....I guess I should have finished that sentence, getagrip makes it sound so easy "that I think I can do this"....even with my limited knowledge of affiliate marketing....and I do mean limited[​IMG]