Help with clickbank hoplinks pleeaase.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, Apr 1, 2009.

1. trippleb New Member

robinincarolina
    Robin I am having the same problem.I just joined Clickbank. I found the product that I wanted to promote,clicked the green button to get the hoplink and then copied and pasted it to twitter but you could not click on it.It was just there.What did I do wrong? This is so confusing for me. Help!!! trippleb.
  2. robinincarolina Silver Member

Ha, at last I can help someone. I have come a long long ways from this post and it tickled me to read it. I now do this full time and completely support myself and family doing so.

Just go to the tinyurl site and put shorten the hoplink there I think should do it. I don't do twitter, but I think you are limited in the number of characters you use. Clickbank hoplinks are simply too long.
  3. dann New Member

Bit.ly and other link shorteners fit in better on sites like Twitter where you have limited space to work with.

Putting such links on a blog or other website makes it look like you've got something to hide, such as the fact you're an affiliate marketer.
    -some people would be totally fine with this, but some people would perceive you as an opportunist and maybe even a dishonest reviewer who is "just in it for the money".

I recommend cloaking your affiliate links which I just started a thread on.
  4. nhoudek New Member

@jaesun16
    Some really good info thanks.

Is it necessary to cloak a hoplink on my website or is that mainly when posting your link on other sites?

Thanks,