Helping Others

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by successful2008, Jun 4, 2008.

1. successful2008 New Member

Today I was speaking to a man who seemed very upset. He told me that he's working 70 hours a week because of a promise he made to his father befored he died. He said that he wanted to start his own business because he promised his father he would take care of his mother & 2 sisters. I don't know how old he is, but his heart is filled with a heavy burden. I did not speak to him about my business. I just let him speak about his worries. I put all aside for this person that I don't know. I told him that I'm here for him. He can talk to me anytime. When we're in a business for ourself, sometimes it's not about the business, it's about the person. At this point, I'm here to help him out with the hardship of loosing his father & the added burden of making endsmeat for the family. Anyone reading this, I feel inspired by helping this man, because it was not about me.

Michelle
  2. cherie27 New Member

Yes, i agree with you.

It wasn't the right time to talk about the business.
  3. bjdclop New Member

Yes I agree also.
    However, I know nothing of the business you have, but if you honestly think that your business can give him a good sense of security or relieve him of some stress, then a future mentioning of this business would be a good idea. At the moment, it would have been right to let him vent and express your concern. If you business, though, would most likely not help this guy, then don't force it on him.
  4. tpalmer02 New Member

I would totally agree with you. Sometimes people just need to be uplifted. You did the right thing. I would not have said anything about my business. And because you listened to him, you are already branded in his head. So when he is ready to start a business he will probably come back to you.
  5. Phil Stones New Member

We must remember we have one mouth and 2 ears ! we need to know when to close one and open the others!
  6. wahl2008 New Member

You did the right thing.

Sometimes just listening is much more helpful than giving advice!

Have a great day Michelle! [IMG]
  7. katereber New Member

Be a good listener and good friend to others, so that if you need someone to talk to during your darkest hour, you have a good friend that will listen to you and a person you can lean on..
  8. Roxsena New Member

Well done!

When you organize your business around adding value to people's lives, they will come to you. You will not have to chase your prospects around with a big net. And on top of that, it's more satisfying for you.
  9. katereber New Member

Yes because they know that you are the person who value people around us.. It is very important to help people who are in need..
  10. pmor61 New Member

[IMG], yes you did the right thing. Like Phill said earlier, we have 2 ears and 1 mouth, what do you think we should be doing? Listen and then ask questions.
    Even if your opportunity isn't good for him, you can refer him to someone else that you might know. We are in the business of creating relationships!
  11. robinincarolina Silver Member

Karma, it will come back to you. I believe this completely. I listen a lot in my business for free. A lot. It's been 2 years and it's coming back to me now.
  12. JeromeKenyatta New Member

You definitely did the right thing. In business especially network marketing you have to be sensative to the needs of who you're prospecting too. If they're mad, sad or slightly upset you might have a hard time getting a good response from them. Good job on making it about the person, you're sincerity will definitely come back to you in time of need.
  13. mrsnazilli New Member

Well done you for listening (I know it is an old post and you may not see this).

Not one of us 'knows it all' when it comes to our projects and businesses and we should help each other as much as we can.

It's not all about money, is it?

Rosie
  14. CeleneHarrelson New Member

What comes around, goes around. You gotta have heart.