Here is one EASY free way to advertise

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, Nov 7, 2007.

1. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Folks,
    I made some simple flyers that target moms and I am putting them in places that Moms go. So far I have them in a uniform store that supplies the uniforms for my kids Charter school and they will be in the consignment that is upstairs from that shop. I also took some to a local shop that lets your kids paint pottery and ceramic "stuff" like dishes, plates and stuff like that. I am giving each of the owners of these establishments $50 if a level one sale is made from a flyer from their shop or $100 if a level 2 sale is made. I will also be putting some flyers in the school my kids go to and I will donate 10% of my commisson to the school for any sale made from flyers given out by the school.

All this is costing me is my time and the paper and ink in my printer so that is basically FREE in my opinion. I have my websites on the flyer and I have the coastalproof dot com site listed as well. I will need to work up a special flyer for the school that mentions the fundraising aspect so I will be working on that tonight.

Just like posting on this forum, flyers just cost you the time it takes to make them and distribute them. One thing Dani Johnson really harps on is to make that first move. Pray about it and then DO SOMETHING. Don't just sit and wait for buckets of money to drop out of the sky! It doesn't happen that way. GOD will bless your efforts but you have to make some effort.
  2. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Harold,

Excellent and good luck to you!

"Only way you can lose, if you don't start!"

Are you using coastal's flyer or you made up your own?

lm
  3. asebf

asebf New Member

W. Clement Stone said: "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."

Paul J. Meyer, later on in history says: "Whatever the mind can conceive, believe, and enthusiastically act upon, must inevitability come to pass."
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Bob,
    are all those quotes in your head or do you have a book. lol

LM,
    I made up my own. I don't think Coastal has one that focuses on Moms, do they?
  5. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Harold,

Would you be willing to share the flyer with us? What does it say, how it is laid out, etc.

Thanks,
    Becky
  6. asebf

asebf New Member

Been a student for decades - those I knew by heart.

Quote for moms? let's see. "If they believe it - duck"

Is that close enough?

Ya know - Mom's would be great at CV - great Idea!!!!
  7. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Congratulations to you for taking the initiative! Offline sales are sometimes overlooked.

I recently printed out some "flyers" and then laminated them to place in some local shop windows, etc., around town. Too early to tell if they will do any good, but I thought it certainly couldn't hurt. Didn't cost me more than my ink and laminating, as you said.

Keep up the good work. I hope you see results.
  8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrBob,
    are all those quotes in your head or do you have a book. lol

That's downright rude and arrogant.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  9. ibw13

ibw13 New Member

That is a good idea, another idea that seems to work is making business cards with your website on them. I take them everywhere and leave the in bathrooms, at gas stations, in restaraunts, etc.

Use your imagination.

Thanks,

IBW
  10. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Newbie,
    Bob knows me well enough to know I was joking.
    Congrats on the preferred member status, by the way.
  11. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldThat's downright rude and arrogant.
    Newbie - it is OK - Harold is a friend -- not a big deal - He did not mean it badly at all. I am working with him on some research i.e. Coastal.

Newbie - here is a quote you may remember - "There is no try. There is either do, or, do not"

Can you give me the author?
  12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrNewbie,
    Bob knows me well enough to know I was joking.
    Congrats on the preferred member status, by the way.

Sorry Harold, my mistake. I thought you were messing with my downline. Thanx for the compliment.

Quoting: asebfNewbie - here is a quote you may remember - "There is no try. There is either do, or, do not"

Can you give me the author?

I'm not sure if I remember his name but he looks something like this:

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  13. asebf

asebf New Member

Newbie, cute. It appears you feel as I do that Star Wars has an underlying theme re: "the force" that mirrors thinking in several "religions" and philosophies that strength comes from the "quiet". i.e. "The meek shall inherit the earth". In nature small forces are stronger than the fierce. A tornado wrecks havoc, but a stream of water, over time, created the Grand Canyon.

All that aside, I think Harold is on to something. Who else has marketing ideas that are simple "going to work - making the first move" tools that he is talking about?

He is right. without some type of action nothing is going to happen. Don't just sit and wait for buckets of money to drop out of the sky! as Dani says. Get busy!!!

So - get busy doing what?

Post your ideas here.
  14. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Well I have created business cards; one promoting the wholesale travel package to retail for customers and one promoting the business incentive side for businesses. I also have 2 T-shirts promoting the travlel package (retail) with my webite on it and I have postcards for business incentives.
  15. asebf

asebf New Member

Rhonda - what ever happened to the idea of working with all those time-share people in your town?

Any other ideas - surely someone has some??
  16. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: asebfRhonda - what ever happened to the idea of working with all those time-share people in your town?

Bob, I have not forgotten about that idea. [​IMG]
  17. asebf

asebf New Member

OK lady - then get off your duff and do something about it. [​IMG]
  18. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: asebfOK lady - then get off your duff and do something about it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yes Sir!
  19. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

An easy way to create tons of leads and advertise for free is to join some of the social networks and forums. Everyone loves travel. So you have a great product to market. Ive joined a bunch of them. Anyone that would like to know a few good ones to join can contact me for the referral links. They are great ways to get leads. Now of course you have to learn how to cultivate them but as we have the greatest incentive business on the market you all should have a good idea as to how to work this one.

Adam Frederick
    Platinum Coastal Director
    302 476 3753
  20. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Harold, have you had any response yet from your fliers?

Dawn [​IMG]