Hey I'm a work at home/single dad!

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by thriftprofits, Apr 16, 2009.

1. thriftprofits

thriftprofits New Member

My name is Patrick and I'm from St. Louis, I'm glad to see a site for SAHD on here. I have an almost 2 year old daughter and I work at home selling stuff on ebay. I'm totally legit and recently wrote an ebook about what I do. You can check out the link in my signature. Hoping to meet some other people on here with other legitimate ways to earn extra money from home. Thanks!

2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Welcome Patrick,

Glad to hear you are doing so well with ebay. I've never 'sold' on ebay, but I've purchased quite a bit! [​IMG]

I make money from my own niche websites through affiliate marketing, adsense income, and direct marketing. I've really enjoyed learning how and why and then building an online business.

It's great that you've been able to write a book about your ebay experience. I do hope it sells well for you and is helpful to others.

Blessings,
    Angie

3. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

I have never sold or buy anything from ebay before.
    But i know a lot of people are selling from ebay and earning quite a fair bit of money.

4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

Hi thriftprofits,
    welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.. [​IMG]

5. thriftprofits

thriftprofits New Member

Thanks! If you ever have any questions on ebay shoot them over to me! I'll be happy to give any advice, etc..

6. samda

samda Member

Great to hear that from you and thanks for sharing your success story.

7. bartolos

bartolos New Member

Hello. Im single dad with 3 kids. I have a home office for another job but want to add to my income.

8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Welcome Patrick,

Nice to see you succeed online by selling on Ebay.

I personally don't like doing any business on ebay. I only to buy things that I need.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

9. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

However you do "IT" is cool. Always a pleasure to see online home business success.

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

bartolos: I have a home office for another job but want to add to my income.
    Hi Ted,
    Learning online marketing is a great way to start creating an additional income. It doesn't happen overnight, but if you put the effort in consistently, it's amazing how the effort builds on itself to create a decent business.

Have a good look around at what some of us are doing and then ask specific questions when you see something that interests you and you'd like to know more.

Blessings,
    Angie

11. flashlarue

flashlarue New Member

Hello Patrick

Good luck and success with your Ebay business. I've made some income through Ebay in the past but not currently doing that business now. By the way I'm a single Grandpa also from Saint Louis.

12. Kyle Morris

Kyle Morris New Member

Hello there, thanks for sharing your story

13. Winter

Winter New Member

I have always wondered if people are really successful making an income selling on ebay. Glad to hear it works! :)

14. Rob VP

Rob VP New Member

Welcome to the forums! I never had any success selling on ebay. I found the competition is very high, and you have to minimize your profits to make a sale.. I suppose if you have a unique product that not everybody has access to then it would work great. I've been toying around with the idea of staring a penny auction website. I've seen the kind of profits they can bring in. I've been looking and waiting for the right people to join this venture with me. Congrats on your achievements thus far.. keep up the hard work!

15. bluelightnin6

bluelightnin6 New Member

Welcome to the forums ! I'm new as well and although I'm not "dad" , I do constantly watch over my nephew and love it. I have a full time job but being single it isn't enough so I do work at home gigs here and there. I love ebay but I have tried selling different things on their with no success. I can sell stuff like used video games with ease but I can't figure out what to sell steadily. It seems the paypal, ebay and shipping fees just eat away at any profit you may gain.

16. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Agreed Barry. Social Media is also a great way to get quality traffic to your sites and blogs. :)

17. Bruce Hammerson

Bruce Hammerson New Member

Hello Patrick. Thanks for sharing about yourself. I always wondered that "working from home" offer is a scam. But now I have started believing in this scheme.

18. kingam

kingam New Member

Hey Pat,

I agree 100% I sell on ebay too and I love it.
    Right now I'm more focused on making an extra income without having to recruit and ebay has been one of the streams!

would like to share info... always like learning about different ebay techniques :)

blessings,

Lorenzo

payment proof likes this.
  19. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I see the original post was in '09. I was also doing quite well with Ebay back then but they have changed so many things now that it makes it harder to make a profit. I used to buy stuff OFF Ebay, turn around and SELL it back to Ebay buyers. lol!

It worked but then the competition got so tough - Ebay raised their fees and I kinda fell away from it except for when I find something cool at a yard sale. I do still sell large ticket furniture items on Ebay but it kinda grinds me everytime I sell something for a thousand bucks and the Ebay fees are over a hundred. arg!

But the bottom line is, there is NO other place with the kind of audience you can get like Ebay. So I guess we suck it up and make it work for us. :D

20. JoeFT

JoeFT New Member

I did ebay for a while. I did well sometimes, but I always was shocked at how many ways they had to nickel and dime you to death. You get charged for everything there!!!
    I don't do much with them anymore except market research. But they are useful when I need to find something obscure, like a charger for a 12 year old laptop or something.
    Amazon marketplace is pretty strong too, lots of marketing dollars there and lots of users trust their platform.
    I still think Information Marketing is the way to go. If you know something. :)
    How did you do with your book?