Hi everyone - new here

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by MedTranHome, Oct 18, 2007.

1. MedTranHome New Member

I'm a medical transcriptionist, working at home for the past 11 years. I'm also interested in blogging and learning how to market my blog, also interested in talking with othe work-at-home people and seeing what else there is to do at home.

Just wanted to say hi!
  2. pcwork New Member

Welcome! There are many threads here on marketing a blog, check them out!
  3. Hemjoe New Member

[IMG]welcome[IMG]
  4. getagrip Gold Member

5. happywife Gold Member

Hi mtathome,

Welcome. I got started online because I was hoping to find some transcription work. [IMG] Couldn't locate anything feasible here in Australia, but ended up learning to build niche websites promoting products for a commission, etc. Not an hourly wage, but certainly a lot of fun with some real income potential.

Enjoy browsing the forum and ask questions when you like.
  6. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi mtathome,

Welcome. You've come to a good place to find out about working from home and making money online. If you read a few threads on choice topics, you'll learn quite a bit.

Newbie Shield
  7. MedTranHome New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. [IMG]
  8. 2bwahm New Member

I'm new here too[IMG] I'm going to read through all the posts and go from there. Looks like we'll find lots of info here.

Olivia
  9. southbank63 New Member

Have Fun![IMG]
  10. juliev72 New Member

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone has heard of friendswin.com money making system. Seems legitimate, but you never know. Thanks.
  11. 4u2nv New Member

Quoting: mtathomeinterested in talking with othe work-at-home people and seeing what else there is to do at home

Hi and welcome. I too am new here. I've been home for almost 2 months now and I enjoy staying home all day with my 15 month old daughter and spend more time with my other 2 school-age kids. If you ever need someone to talk to, you can pm. Because I too was lonely from working at home. I miss talking to my co-workers and walking into work every Monday morning asking everyone how their weekend was. Good luck with your new transcription job.
  12. Success100 New Member

Hello, I am also a new member to the forums, Welcome!! There is tons of great information on the site, just read through the topics in the forums, and that should point you in the right direction. Good luck!
  13. cybermommy New Member

welcome mtathome,Olivia and Julie to the forum [IMG]
    I am a wahm with two great boys who keep me very busy!
    I work 2 businesses which came about after my being tired of my salary from my old 'job' just paying the childcare.
    And I couldn't be happier!
    Look forward to 'seeing'you all on the boards.

~Kara
  14. Savvie New Member

Hi mtathome, and welcome!

Congrats on your transcription success! I trained a while back for MT, but with no experience, I found it hard to get into the biz ... so "job well done for getting so far with it!"

Lots of fun subjects and interesting people here, I'm sure you'll find some great information!
  15. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi 2bwahm and Julie,

I wish you both the best. This forum is a helpful and friendly place to interact. You chose well. Feel free to ask questions. Most get answered pretty well.

Newbie Shield
  16. opendomain New Member

Hello ALL and Welcome.
    First you found a damn good site with lots of good people all doing different things, so you have a large pool to choose from. Everyone here is either successful or on the right track.

Read around a bit to get an idea for what is out there and good luck. Find somethign you like(i'm sure you'll hear this over and over again) but it is all true. Hence everyone saying.

Remember there are no get rich quick schemes out there(go play the lotto for that[IMG] )

Best of Luck,
    Gil
  17. jlyn12 New Member

Hi. I really like your blog. I am a medical transcriptionist too. I just started a blog also - not on transcription, but on other means of at-home income. So, I will be doing a lot of reading here. It looks like a great forum. Best wishes for your success.
  18. ronda New Member

I am also new here. I am interested to know how you got started in your medical transcription business. I took a course, made great grades, but was never able to get business. How did you get business? Did you work in a clinical setting first?
  19. westfam11 Member

ronda,

I am a work-at-home medical transcriptionist trying to get out of the business. Anyway, I started over 15 years ago working in a doctor's office and then I was able to find work with a company that lets you work from home. I don't know about other companies but the ones I have worked with require at least two years of experience working in an office, clinic or hospital before they will hire you to work at home. I have heard stories of people getting jobs right out of school to work at home though so don't give up if that is what you want to do.

I am currently working two other businesses to try and replace my medical transcription income so I will have more time freedom.

Becky
  20. pcwork New Member

Westfam1 , thanks for sharing