Hi guys!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jrcorbes, Aug 17, 2015.

1. jrcorbes

jrcorbes New Member

Newbie here.. Im janet, from the Philippines :)
    So i decided to join this forum because Ive been helping my brother every now and then with his clients whenever hes to busy to do it, I dont know what he does exactly but I wanted to know more about this getting paid through online jobs so thats why im here :)
    Im a former sales representative at a golf course and I had a training with call center company so im basically good with people.

My question is, do you guys have some advice for me on what job should I get since I am not from the US. I really have a small knowledge about this so i really need your help. I will surely appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you so much! :)

Dean Fraser likes this.
  2. KB24

KB24 Active Member

If you are looking for an "0nline job" I would be careful. Most of those jobs are scams. If you are just starting out I would read as much as you can here. I would start with learning what affiliate marketing is, what an affiliate program is, how you can make money from a website. Just learn as much as you can or get yourself a mentor. It will cut down on the learning curve. If you have any questions just P.M me.

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

4. Dean Fraser

Dean Fraser New Member

I am new on here as well.

KB24 gave some really good advice. You really want to understand marketing, especially Direct Response Marketing and Affiliate Marketing.

Finding a mentor is probably even better advice as they can show you exactly what to do and what to start learning.

Different mentors will teach different aspects of online business as the internet has many ways to make money. One of the best ways to make a living on the net is Email marketing.

Let me know if you want to learn more about affiliate marketing and email marketing or check out one of the links below in my signature for more info on these topics.

jrcorbes likes this.
  5. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Welcome and good luck in finding something that interests you. I like to focus on recession proof businesses, also free to start businesses, and something everyone is already purchasing or using and paying more for. If you know anyone who watches TV and has cable or satellite, then ask them if they want to save on average a thousand dollars a year while accessing every TV show made and every movie produced worldwide, perfect for those not in the U.S. Everyone wants to save money, so this is my top three business opportunity. Streaming TV is exploding worldwide, just look at Netflix, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon, Google Chromecast, Yahoo, Verizon/AOL, HBO, Showtime, they are all streaming, but none offer free access to all programming worldwide in every language.

Success to all,

jrcorbes likes this.
  6. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

There are a lot of jobs available that you can work from home. However, and sad to say, that many are scams. So, with that said, my advice to you is to do something you're passionate about. When you are passionate about something, it's NOT work. The second thing I would suggest is do your research on the business/company. Make sure they are legit and have a great track record. The time spent on research may save you some heart ache.

jrcorbes likes this.
  7. adamv

adamv New Member

Figure out what you are passionate about and what you enjoy doing, and THEN look at ways to make money doing it. If you are looking to pick up some odd jobs online, checkout sites like UpWork and Fiverr. You might be able to find some jobs that people are looking to get done that you are good at and want to keep doing.

I agree with Affiliate Marketing being a good way to make money online, but you really need an audience or marketing vehicle to make it effective. I make my money through Affiliate, and I think the biggest mistake people make is assuming that it is a get rich quick program. Affiliate Marketing can be a great way to earn a living, but it takes a lot of hard work, time, and dedication.

jrcorbes likes this.
  8. adamp

adamp New Member

I actually think that in most cases, so called 'scams' are just the blind leading the blind. You could easily get some work as a VA. There is a company that specializes in your country too as I have hired a few people from it.

You could also offer your services on Elance, Odesk (Upworthy), Fiverr...many choices.

jrcorbes likes this.
  9. freedomhacker

freedomhacker New Member

Hey Jrcorbes,

Welcome to the forum. I'm new to this forum but not to the industry.

As everyone above is saying, you have to be careful when you take on an online job. There is a lot of scam going on.

It seems to me that you have a vast experience to offer. Have you considered offering your services as a virtual assistant? I see a lot of them getting some business through their Linkedin contacts. That might be one area to consider.

One other place you might try also is Fiverr. you can offer your services there and you barely have to search for customers, as Fiverr is well known, customers go there in search for someone who could help them with their projects.

Hope this helps and good luck.

jrcorbes likes this.
  10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

You have gotten some great advice here... If you are good at writing and blogging, that can be a great way to make some extra money online. I do both blogging and network marketing as I like both. :)

Example for bloggin:
    You can write reviews on anything and post it to a blog, then link to Amazon products where you get paid a commission if the customer buys from amazon.

Or if you are a good people person, network marketing is also a great option.

Example for networking:
    You become a distributor for a company and share about the products to others. They buy products through you and you get paid commission as well.

jrcorbes likes this.
  11. adamp

adamp New Member

Actually if you are good at researching and writing content in good easy to understand and accurate English, I may be able to hire you a little myself :)

mountainmom5 likes this.
  12. Lina_Wes

Lina_Wes New Member

Hello everyone!
    I would like to share my experience with you. I've been working as an accountant for 3 years and didn't have any special skills to switch to another occupation. But one day I was surfing the internet and found a link to a website where "anyone can get an easy income". I've read at Noonint that an ordinary user gets money just watching video and clicking Ads there. At first I didn't believe but it works! Then I even adviced it to my friends. You also may follow my example.