hi Im new here and need some help!

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by neisa, Feb 21, 2008.

1. neisa

neisa New Member

does anyone knows a legitimate job to work at home? Im disabled and I desperately want to work from home but still havent found a real job I can trust!! any recomendations? thank you for your help.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Nancy,
    Are you looking for a job or a business online?
  3. neisa

neisa New Member

hi mountainmom5, honestly I would love to have a business online, my little one gets out of school early on wednesday and is easier for me to have a flexible schedule , that way I can pick him up at school on time, but I been looking for ideas and there is a lot of fraud and Im afraid to get involved with the wrong business...I also try ebay sometime but not good results...any ideas? and thank you so much for responding.
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

did you get my 'pm' - I tried to send you a note thru there...[​IMG]

I know , it's such a blessing to be here for my kids... I still have 4 at home and homeschool 3 of them.

I have my home business link in my signature and so do a lot of others on the forum , which will give you a lot of stuff to look at. Just don't let it all overwhelm you.

If you want to talk to any of us personally, you can send a personal message thru the pm link under our name on the left...

[​IMG]
    Viola
  5. neisa

neisa New Member

where should I click to see your note?
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

When you log into your account it should say that you have a private message...

I'll send it again and see if it goes thru for you[​IMG]
  7. neisa

neisa New Member

oh ok I will check the mailbox, thank you very much.
  8. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Neisa,

There are a lot of on-line businesses that are legitimate. Alot of them only require a phone and a computer.

Check different people's signature lines in the forum and you will probably find something that is right for you. Also you may pm me if you have any further questions.

Becky West
  9. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Welcome Neisa! Have you checked out JLodge, they prefer to hire disabled people
  10. Ms NB

Ms NB New Member

Hi Nancy

I see more and more people daily turning to the internet to make a living. I know this is especially true for disabled people (my Mom is disabled so I know how difficult it can be). I think the internet is wonderful in this way providing opportunities where there may not have been many before.

However there are scams out there (I've fallen for some myself [​IMG])
    I highly recommend googling any opportunity you come across online BEFORE you put down any money. If it is a scam you will probably find some comments by people who got "scammed".
    And do look through peoples signatures on this forum (as was suggested to you by someone already) there are lots of really good opportunities out there.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Good Luck!
    Nicole Barkai
  11. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hello Nancy,

I hope you are finding something that you will feel suits you and your circumstances. All the best in your search. [​IMG]
  12. liz perez

liz perez New Member

Hi they got this thing on the internet called ripoff report search, and I love it, it has helped me not get scammed, Just type in name of business you are considering joining and you should get the feedback you need. I just started looking a couple days ago for a home job opportunity, I did make money with tupperware, and got great stuff, I believe in it but it's time consuming you have to go do parties at peoples houses.I want strictly at home internet business. Single mom of 2 please let me know if you know what to trust!!!
  13. neisa

neisa New Member

Thank you to all of you t who try to help me, I been so depressed becasue Im tired of living on ssi ans ssa and want to change my life but cant even count on my car to drive to a job out of the home, that is why Im looking for something I can do from home but at the same time Im afraid to loose my disability benefits if I choose the wrong job at home.

I hope I can find something I can trust so I can be out of the benfits and at the same time be with my kids more time. thank you so much and if you know of any company that is not a scam please let me know. thank you all and god bless you.
  14. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hi Nancy and Liz,
    What you need to remember when you do your research and and go to ripoff reports is that it is a place for anyone to give vent to their frustrations - When I was doing my research on home based business, I found that you can find almost every business under rippoff! - even companies like Tupperware, Amway, and those that have been around for years...

Bottom line is simply that there are successful people in almost every home business out there - AND there are the ones that spend more effort in venting their frustrations on places like rippoff than actually working their business - lol![​IMG]

Don't give up looking, gals... your kids are worth the effort it takes to research and then once you do find the right business, to put in the effort it takes to make it successful...

Cheers![​IMG]
  15. Theresa_wahm

Theresa_wahm New Member

Hello all moms!!! I'm Theresa....and expecting my first baby anytime now. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and will have some time to be at home after the baby is born. I'm looking to make money from home..hopefully, I won't have to go back to my daytime job...and be able take care of my new baby. I'd hate to leave him with strangers......and probably won't be able to afford it anyway. Money is very tight right now....with hospital bills and all. If anyone can suggest a good work at home job or business, I'd really appreciate it. Please share what exactly it is that you do, how long it takes before seeing income, and what it takes to be successful.
  16. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Congrats to you Theresa! What fun [​IMG]

I do Coastal Vacations and my website is in my sig line - it takes committment and motivation to be successful in ANY home business [​IMG]

Viola
  17. mkidd6

mkidd6 New Member

Nancy,
    There are so many businesses today online. They all look good and have very professional looking presentations. But do your homework. Be sure not only to check out the company but the team you sign up under. Support and training is everything!!! It will make or break your success.

When you check into opportunities ??“ look for people who want to know more about YOU and what YOU are looking for. Stay away from people that promise you this and that ??“ find someone who take the time to listen and can point you to the program and tools to help you achieve your goals!!!

Blessings and I pray you find exactly what you are looking for![​IMG]
  18. KellyBTTW

KellyBTTW New Member

Michelle,

It is very true that you need a business opportunity that provides support. I got scammed a lot of times, and then I started what I do know. I looked for a good mentor, and he is always there for me when I have any questions or concerns. The CEO has answered some of my questions too!! The great thing about the business that I am in is that it can make a lot of money in very little time, and I get to help other people realize thier dreams........what more could one want out of a job!
  19. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

I think the most important thing to keep in mind when starting an online business is that it does actually require some WORK especially in the beginning. Some businesses try to convince you that all you have to do is signup for their program then sit back and watch the money come in. This just plain ain't true. You have to treat whatever business you decide to join as a business and not some hobby you picked up in your spare time. With commitment and persistence you can succeed in any number of online businesses out there.
  20. i_love_my_boobs

i_love_my_boobs New Member

being a work at home mom with 2 kids myself leaves me only a cpl hours a day to work with, but i legitimately make 40-200/day with my work at home job