hi Im new here and need some help!

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by neisa, Feb 21, 2008.

1. momsoffice

momsoffice New Member

That's wonderful you are wanting to make a change!!

We are blessed that I can be home with our children! I would definitely say do your reasearch, there are legitimate home businessess out there!! I do mine with my children here. I use my computer and phone. I talk to alot of moms, so sometimes it makes it more comfortable for them, because you can hear my rugrats running around. LOL[​IMG]

I wish you the best!
  2. sanalakhani

sanalakhani New Member

Wow, well, working at home is difficult. U may find a good job or not, it depends, but you can earn money online by researching a bit. It will take time, but i'm sure with persistence u will find it. Best of luck to you
  3. desmoines50309

desmoines50309 New Member

Well there's a lot of people chipping in with suggestions. I would also suggest you may be interested in working from home for a virtual call or contact center. It's a legitimate work from home JOB opportunity. Positions include everything from customer service to sales. Hope this helps!
  4. lynnsbiz

lynnsbiz New Member

There's a lot of great info here! Just remember, it all depends on what interests you! You need to enjoy what you're doing to be successful at it. There are many different work from home options.

First of all, you need to decide: Do you want a JOB (working for someone else within their guidelines, their hours, etc.) or do you want to start your own BUSINESS (will require some money and perserverance)? You can do either type whether you are a WAHM, a WAHD, disabled, etc.!!!

If you want a JOB, you should NOT have to pay for it!!! There are a lot of scams offering great wages and hours for a job that never pay out (surverys, craft assembly, etc.) They make their money in the sign-up fees.

If you want to start an affiliate business, check it out thoroughly also! Does it offer a real product? If you don't do well, will you still be okay with the money you spent? (Maybe you love the product so much that even if you don't sell anything, you're still okay with taking the risk - i.e. travel site - you still get discounted travel for life.)

So how do you know if your job or business opportunity is a SCAM?? I would still check out ripoffreport.com but be weary of the comments. If there are multiple comments by different people, take it more serious than by just 1 person. Scam.com is the same type of site. I would also check out forums like this one!!! Scammers will still promote their stuff in forums so check for multiple entries by different users to get a good feel for your job or business opportunity. Also, check out the BBB and the internet version of BBB (sorry - can't recall it right now!). Above all, use your gut instincts!! The biggest scam that I fell for left me with sleepless nights, etc. Now, I try to help others not fall for those same scams or other scams!

Also, if they push you and state that the offer is only available on THAT phone call, then HANG UP!!!! If it's that great of an offer and a legitimate company, the same offer (or very close) will be available tomorrow, or a week from now, or a month from now. Take your time in researching it first! This also applies to the web sites that state "you will only see this page one time ever." If you clear your cookies, you may see the page again. If not, you can always go to the library or use someone else's computer to get the same offer. They use that as a gimic to rope you in.

Now, if you are a risk taker and love to take chances, you may want to check out more options without as much research. Just remember that you need to be comfortable with losing any money you invest if it ends up to be a scam!

All these tips (including by others in these posts) apply to marketing strategies as well!!! There are scammers that will get your hard-earned money by selling you great-sounding marketing packages to get your site at the top of the search engines or to get guaranteed clicks, etc. Most of these are scams. Do your research on marketing as well!

Another option is to create your own web site! You can create an e commerce store with drop shipping, or sell your own product, or just provide info regarding something that interests you! Maybe you want to move or expand your existing business online!

The web is always expanding and your options are endless! There are so many options out there I wish you all luck in finding something that fits you AND isn't a scam!
  5. darich

darich New Member

I just started my own business about a month ago, we have weekly meetings with real people and they are a lot of help, if you are interested let me know ,and I can let you know where the meetings are in your area.
  6. jackiereynold

jackiereynold New Member

Neisa, will tell you a thing that i am a single mom. I have been in service for a small firm in my area as an operator. The earning wasnt enough for me and my 5 year old son (a year ago). Then i started looking for small online business, where by investing little time, I can have a stable income. I have tried my hand at everything, from content developing to affiliate marketing.

Recently, I came across http://www.makethatdollar.com and will tell you that it has been giving me substantial income for spending very little time. Probably, it might work for your needs too....Have a look at it....

Or else try your hand at content developing, as it is another chance of earning good for a mother, who has very little time to offer.. [​IMG]
  7. Roxsee25

Roxsee25 New Member

Hey! Where you able to find what you was looking for? As far as working from home....
  8. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

You've been given alot of great information here. Hope you find something that will suit your needs and circumstances. My home based business requires only an internet connection, computer and the ability to follow step by step videos and then apply it and you can be on your way to making money very quickly. Hope that helps and I wish you the best in your search!
  9. lavendersluv

lavendersluv New Member

Neisa,

How is the research going, have you found something to fit your schedule. My name is Michelle, I am a indepdendent distributor with scentsations, I invite you to learn more about this opportunity by visiting the link below. That site offer a wealth of information before starting plus you can request a free sample of our wonderful gourmet scents. thanks

Michelle
  10. perlette

perlette New Member

Hello,

You can try to make your own tuition agency. In my country we can do it without (often) leaving our house because basically you only need to make calls to arrange the students & the tutors, a bit of interviews and advertise on the internet.
  11. lacy_amy

lacy_amy New Member

neisa- are you able to leave your home at all??? I have had a lot of success with AVON....there are lots of things you can sell from home.
  12. ahlhekz

ahlhekz New Member

hi neisa its hard to find a legit business online but i suggest to look around and you can find one of yours too...
  13. lightnin2

lightnin2 New Member

Hi Neisa,

There is so many opportunities on this site. I am sure you will find something. Just keep looking around.

I am very blessed to be working from home.
    Just make sure you gey support from what ever you pick.

God Bless
    Stacy
    (530) 477-822
    [Link removed - Admin]
  14. amytaxs

amytaxs New Member

I have tried several work from home jobs that did not pan out. But I finally found a a legitimate work from home opportunity that works. I have been having very good success with it. I have my own coach who is also working and succeeding at this. I think the support is probably the biggest reason for my success
  15. bells401

bells401 Member

Any work at home opportunity you should research it b4 you commit as there are many many scams out there.
  16. krg52985

krg52985 New Member

Hi I am a new mom and did research to find some work at home programs also. I have just started using the Home Cash Course. I will post results from this soon.
  17. aliecia24

aliecia24 New Member

Hi Neisa. I think that when your searching for a work at home opportunity, you should first examine what you like to do. Maybe you enjoy talking on the phone, so a at home customer service position would be great, or maybe you enjoy writing and could do some freelance online. I searched for awhile until I was able to find something I enjoyed doing, don't worry you will too.
  18. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Hi, I too am a single mom. I have a real job so to speak, but I don't like it. I was sitting at home one day and just typed in work from home and wow, was I overwhelmed. I got scammed a couple of times and then I stumbled on this forum. I studied and read the posts and topics here for weeks. You would be amazed at how you get a feel for things by doing this. I have found a few things here and also discovered that some of it is not for me. I put a lot of thought into what areas I am knowledgeable in. Then I put up a blog, posted an article, all of which I did for free. I could not have done in without those people in this forum.

I have made a little money in the last couple of weeks, by no means enough to live on, but its a start. I have several projects going, but have found I have to just focus on one at a time. When I get this one down, I will go on to another and another and hopefully keep them all rolling.

One place to start for ideas is clickbank. Tons of ebooks on all kinds of subjects. Maybe something there will spark your interest. I also went to ezine articles and just clicked through the articles and viewed other's sales pages, then it just started to finally make sense, but it took time, lots of time.

Best of luck. There are lots of free resources out there to teach you the basics. And lots of great people here too. Just ask a question, they will answer.
  19. sapphire81

sapphire81 New Member

Hi, finding a legitimate work at home business is hard to do just because there are so many business opportunities out there and sometimes it's hard to tell which ones are scams. The ones I use are in my signature and they are working for me, as well as for lots of other people. It does take work to get these businesses going, but after you put in a little work you will start to see results.

I hope you find something that works for you. Working from home has been a dream come true. [​IMG]
  20. jenncez

jenncez New Member

Hiya!! I'm relatively new here as well, but I have so far found a ton of great information on here. Affiliate marketing is the best way to make money from home. You can start out doing surveys and ad clicking to make a little money. It's not A LOT but its better than nothing right? Good luck to you!