Hi I'm new here I'm a work from home mom

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by Funkydelic, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Funkydelic

Funkydelic New Member

Hi

I'm a mom of two kids a boy 11years old and a girl almost 2years old.

I was basically forced to work from home when I was retrenched from my Conveyancing job begining of last year. I started trying to work online but being a newbie I got scammed over & over I even did those paid to read e-mails that promise you $100 per e-mail that you read LOL I sat there clicking like an idiot thinking that I was going to get rich LOL!!! Well they say you live and you learn!!! Thank goodness I am stubborn because otherwise I would have thrown in the towl a long time ago and become a house wife Blaaa!!!

I had previous experience teaching computer literacy at a college so I started my own computer literacy training business from home and it took off like a bomb!!! I give people 1 on 1 lessons in computer literacy I teach Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet & e-mail. I dropped off business cards and pamflets at all the local computer shops and advertised in a local classified booklet!! The majority of my clients are are between 30 - 80 years old and local businesses. See the reason my business does so well is because I give a personalised service, I go to peoples homes or business offices and give them training on their own computers and the elderly people love me because of my patience they are always calling me out to help them with Face Book or Skype etc. I really make a very good income from this and I'm flexible around my two kids.

But you know there are quiet weeks where I don't have any clients so I had to make a plan to make money in those quiet months so I carried on researching the internet and started chatting in chat forums and that is where I found ligitimate online work, it was like overnight it just hit me and then I started earning online for the first time, it was so exciting.

So I built a website based on my online work experiance to assist others to find ligitimate online work withour being scammed. I'm really excited about my site. I launched it on 16 June 2010 and I've already had 165 visitors and I have 7 members.

Anyway what I would like to say to the other moms out there is that it is possible to work from home just hang in there girls you will get there and don't give up, if I can do it so can you.

Best of luck
    J

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hi Jaclyn,

Your story is an inspiration for many work-at-home enthusiasts. It shows that a little motivation, persistance and focused effort all play a big role in earning a living from home. Good for you!

Hermas

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I love your story! Thanks for sharing.[​IMG]

4. JoeRollin

JoeRollin New Member

Hi Jaclyn,
    I like your no quit attitude
    thats why so many others fail online
    They hit a bump in the road and then they quit (a road with no obstacles leads nowhere)
    People tend to focus on the problem instead of the solution

5. Funkydelic

Funkydelic New Member

Thanks guys

Thats really so nice to hear and also so inspiring. I still have so much to learn though and look forward to learning from you guys. [​IMG]

6. weebitty

weebitty Member

great story and keep up the good work!! It sounds like you are on the road to success!!!

7. grh395

grh395 New Member

Hi J
    I laughed when I read your post. [​IMG] I also tried I those 'paid to read e-mails that promise you $100 per e-mail' - they are so mean - what a scam! I tried it for a month and waited... and waited for payment to arrive - but nothing. I guess I wasn't surprised because you could say it was an obvious scam but I always expect the best of people and so I must be pretty easy to scam I think. But like you, I learned. But it sounds like you have got something working well now. Congratulations. My dad could have done with your assistance when he was alive - he was always trying to get to grips with computers. Keep it up.
    Graham

8. hummingbird81

hummingbird81 New Member

Hi[​IMG]

Your story is amazing! Congratulations!
    I bookmarked your blog.

IFunkydelic: Well they say you live and you learn!!! Thank goodness I am stubborn because otherwise I would have thrown in the towl a long time ago and become a house wife Blaaa!!!
    I know this feeling [​IMG] "Stubborn" is a keyword [​IMG]

"A Quitter Never Wins And A Winner Never Quits." ~ Napoleon Hill

9. Funkydelic

Funkydelic New Member

LOL grh395 I think we all get caute out at some time or another.... We live in hope I mean gees imagine how rich we would be if those paid to read e-mails where the real deal.....haha dreaming again. I can just imagine those scammers rolling around laughing at us - but in all honesty there is a saying that goes "he who laughs last laughs longest" well I think I'm laughing the longest because I won't be caute out like that again and from my forum posts and blogs others will be warned about these scams, and I can actually look back and laugh about it now....

10. Dennis Anthony

Dennis Anthony New Member

Nice blog, Jaclyn [​IMG]

Your story is inspirational for sure.
    I look forward to following your story of success.

Best,
    ~Dennis

11. grh395

grh395 New Member

Funkydelic

Yes - it was pretty naive. ha ha ha! I probably won't do that again.
    Lots of time wasted ...
    Graham