Hi Moms!

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by coffee, Aug 3, 2009.

1. coffee

coffee New Member

Hi to all the Moms out there!

Just checking in. How is everyone doing with their business?

My home / product party site has picked up. Getting a lot of Sunset Gourmet inquires.
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Congrats - I do affiliate marketing and it is picking up as well... fun stuff, the working at home thing, eh?[​IMG]
  3. Faithfulmom

Faithfulmom New Member

Hello Mom
    I'm a single parent of two and they are small ages 3 and 5. I'm currently in the military but I'm getting out soon b/c I can't stand to be away from my kids. I have been looking for new opportunites online b/c when I get out I plan on staying home with the kids and going to school and I'm going to need a good paying job. I will also be married by then so I will still be getting the benefits from the military. I guess my question to you and all moms that are succeeding online, at home how long did it take before you all received results? How did you know your business was for you?
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Faithfulmom,

I can't blame you for wanting to get out of the military and be home with your kids more. That would be quite a hard thing to deal with.

For me, it took me about 9 months of foundational work online before I started earning monthly income. Even that wasn't much - a couple hundred dollars a month.

My income has consistently grown (is growing), so that made all those early days well worth it to me. If it all fell apart tomorrow and that was that, I would still feel like my time was well spent because I've been adequately compensated for my efforts. But you can bet I'd shed a few tears! [​IMG]

I knew SiteBuildIt (SBI) was for me when I read their free Affiliate Masters Course ebook. I had already spent several weeks online reading various "biz ops" and trying different things. It all seemed so ridiculous and futile up to that point - empty promises.

Somehow, when I read that affiliate marketing book, the procedure they described was believable and the process actually made sense and sounded 'do-able' to me.

I really don't know how else to describe it. I was praying that the Lord would help me to find the right thing for me, and I 'just knew' when I read that course that 'this was it.'

Not much help, I suppose, but that's the way it was for me. I don't know if I'm any different than others and if they've had similar 'light bulb' moments or not. Perhaps they'll chime in soon and share their stories.

Wishing you all the best as you take a new step in life.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  5. coffee

coffee New Member

It was really slow going for me at first. My site wasn't being picked up by search engines and I really put a lot of time in to it.

It has been about six months now and money is picking up.
  6. apbenefits

apbenefits New Member

To be honest, when I started working my business, I started seeing immediate results. We offer a service that is in high demand and alot of people are in need of it. So, I started receiving 200-400 a week. I was only and still am working just about 10-20 hours per week.

I think if you join a company that offers a service/product that you would be interested,whether they offered an opportunity or not, it will work out for you, because you will become passionate about and have your own personal testimony to give. Which is very POWERFUL in a business!!!
  7. hearthopes

hearthopes New Member

Faithfulmom
    Just find something you are passionate about! You have to believe in what you do!
  8. bobbiehovey

bobbiehovey New Member

I'm not a mom yet but I am due in 7 weeks. EEK! I am just starting my home business and am glad because it will allow me more time to dedicate to my new baby!
  9. vendors

vendors Guest

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and looking forward to your valuable guidance and useful informations on various topics. Thanks.
  10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Congratulations, Bobbie! I hope you have a safe and easy delivery. [​IMG] Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl? (Yes, I know. One of those!) [​IMG]

It's great that you are trying to create a home business so you can be a stay at home mom. So many ladies wish they had more time at home with their kids, especially while they are in the early years.

Blessings,
    Angie
  11. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Miranda,

So happy that your business is working well for you. Keep it up.

Tal
  12. aloevera

aloevera New Member

The rate of moms becoming entreprenuers are so much higher than man/fathers lately! Not only higher rate, but many of them are doing extremely well. Why is that?
  13. wesmoney

wesmoney New Member

coffee
    Hi,

Just joined the forum and am looking forward to meeting like-minded moms.

Great to be a part of the forum.
  14. happymommy

happymommy New Member

My own business has taken me a while to get going only because I had cold feet about it. I joined a support group in my community and talked with experienced business owners and gained amazing self confidence to get me up and going.

I now run a GREAT business, but it takes alot of effort and commitment. If you have the drive to do it, you can!
  15. caryoh

caryoh New Member

I've tried several MLM and party plan type home businesses. Although I've been a business coach and mentor throughout my entire adult life, none of those I started ever grew large enough to warrant continuing.

However, recently I got involved in something totally "Outside the Box" and I'm happy to say, "It's what I've been looking for all along." Not only am I achieving my financial goals, but I am helping others at the same time. Very easy, only minutes a day after I setup, and best of all - "Spreading The Wealth" - so to speak.
  16. djacobs

djacobs New Member

Hi,

I'm a single mom just starting out with trying different ways to make money. The only thing I have actually made money so far with is Inbox Dollars, but it takes a long time to make enough money to request a check. Does anyone have any ideas for something easy that doesn't take a long time to start making money?
  17. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Most things I know of DO take a decent amount of time to make money. The more worthwhile it is for the long haul, the more upfront work is generally needed. [​IMG]

Something that might work for you for the short term is Amazon's Mechanical Turk. Most of the tasks are fairly easy but the pay is really low, too.

Writing articles for places like Odesk.com might work for you, too, if you enjoy writing. You may have to start out bidding low to get some work but once you start building a reputation you can get regular clients and an increase per article, etc.

Blessings,
    Angie