Hi, new here from England :)

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by redsadie, Mar 2, 2009.

1. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Hello everyone [​IMG]

I am new here to this forum and have been reading through some of the forum threads that have interested me (and trying to navigate my way around too!)

Just a quick background update on me then;

I am a mum of two children in England who was recently made redundant (Aug '08), I am a qualified Nail Technician, waxing and spray tanning Tech too. My husband is working in an MOD job that doesn't pay well.

We spend an awful lot of our time on the internet in the evenings and have often wondered what we could do to utilise our time on the internet better - i.e earn money from it instead of just surfing!

I have set up a few websites in my time, mainly from templates and I had an SBI jewellery making site which I really enjoyed, but unfortunately couldn't afford the resign fee after one year [​IMG]

We have been looking at a few opportunities over the past couple of weeks, mainly Carbon Copy Pro (I have gone as far as the application kit which I have been accepted for) I have signed up for the free Push the Button also, and Profitmatic and Lawn Chair Millionaire keep sending me emails to sign up (99c for Profitmatic).

CCPro looks really good and I have also signed up for the Magnetic Sponsoring email course by Mike Dillard

So, although I have been using the internet for years and set up a few sites, I don't think I know an awful lot about Internet Marketing which I think is the main thing about CCPro. I can scrape the $395 needed to get started with them and their BIB and want so desperately to get my family off the rat run and into a beautiful life that I know I can achieve.

I've read a few threads/posts about LCM and Profitmatic and they all seem to be steering people away so really this leaves CCPro.

Do you think this would be the right one to get started with or is there something else 'out there' that you would recommend for someone willing to work hard for what they're worth, but on the net?

I'm getting a headache [​IMG]

Golly, I didn't think my intro was gonna be this long! So if you're still there, Thanks [​IMG]

2. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Wow! In between writing my post here and getting it authorised, I've had so many opportunities presented to me that my head is spinning!

There's My Internet Business
    Wealthy Affiliates and
    My Online Income System

I have signed up for Carbon Advice Group , My Biz Websites and One Step 4 Income as an affiliate. Oh I'm also on Twitter too!

I seem to be running around like the proverbial chicken with it's head cut off!

3. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

Welcome to the forum. It's a good thing to be busy doing something that can potentially make you money.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

redsadie: I seem to be running around like the proverbial chicken with it's head cut off!
    Hey redsadie - slow down, take a few deep breaths and relax... [​IMG]

I was puffing from reading your post - lol

You will learn something new from any program you choose to go with... different programs click for different people....

What I would suggest is to choose one and learn all you can from it, putting it into use with the sites you have already. You have a beautiful website with your Beauty Fusions - why not learn how to not only promote that with free methods, writing articles, adding adsense, etc...

I have not tried all the programs you have mentioned there but I know I have learned so much on how to market my log furniture sites with that stuff in the ebooks... even thought they will try to help you market THEIR product... just use the same techniques to market what you have going already![​IMG]

5. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks for replying Mountainmom5 [​IMG]

It's just so mindboggling! I'm swaying toward a particular one at the moment, it's one of the cheaper end ones, and the guy *seems* genuine. I'm going to give him a call tomorrow. Hopefully, eventually this will enable me to have the funds to go ahead with one of the 'big boys' and I won't be such a newbie then.

Thanks for the comment about my site, that's really kind [​IMG]., your site looks really fresh and inviting! Now I have some insight into marketing, I can put some of them into practise. I already have links to it all over the web with signatures where I'm a member on different forums, Twitter and on my email sig too.

Now to start promoting/marketing ME! How hard is that though?!!!

I saw an interview the other day online, and the guy said " you would work your ar*e off for your boss if he promised you 50k at the end of the month, so why not do it for yourself instead?"

Never a truer statement [​IMG]

6. WealthyWAHM

WealthyWAHM Member

Welcome redsadie! [​IMG]

I agree with mountainmom5- take a deep breath and slow down. lol Jumping into online world with both feet and without a discernable direction can be a recipe for financial disaster not to mention personal frustration if you join something that sounded good and then can't seem to make it work for you...

Mountainmom offers sound advice [​IMG] You already have skills and interests, so monetize those- blogging, creating squidoo pages, eHow pages, etc- those options allow you to make additional money and focus on something you already have a passion for. [​IMG]

7. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks WealthyWAHM!

Lol! I agree with both of you that jumping in with both feet was an option about 2 days ago!

Thing is, I have blogged before when my dad was in in '07 as I felt it was a great way to keep everyone who knew him involved. I have heard of and put into practice some sort of viral marketing with links in signatures, worked at SBI for a year (which I LOVED!) etc but......I've never heard of a Squidoo Lens? [​IMG]

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi redsadie,

I echo some of the other replies you have received. Slow down a bit. You should obviously have some experience and understanding on how online marketing works if you went through a whole year of SBI.

For me, I tend to do better when I concentrate on grasping one new skill at a time. If you spread yourself too thin trying to learn and implement several different programs at once, you may very well end up accomplishing nothing.

Try narrowing it all down to one plan of action and stick with it for the long term. I heard an interesting analogy recently comparing online marketing to boiling some water.

As the temperature of water rises, there is no seeming change until it finally reaches boiling point. Similarly, you may not be able to notice the progress in your online efforts as time passes, then all of a sudden your efforts start to "boil."

I really liked the analogy because I've seen it happen with my own efforts. Certain efforts seem to be unproductive and I began to wonder if it was really worthwhile. I decided to persevere and before I knew it things really started to simmer.

Actually, I'd still consider my online business to be still in the "simmering" mode and not quite at the full rolling boil yet. [​IMG]

But the idea behind the analogy is that it may only take one or two more 'degrees' of heat to change from still to boiling water. It may only take just a little bit more persistence and patience to see your online efforts really start to pay off in a much bigger way.

So, consider that before giving up on something you already have invested considerable time and effort in building. Unless you are certain that your foundation is faulty and needs to be ripped out and replaced, try hanging in there a bit longer and continue doing what you know to do.

Blessings,
    Angie

9. rubsync

rubsync New Member

I am getting a headache too while reading your very long introduction LOL.. anyway, WELCOME to work-at-home-forum... enjoy your stay here dear

10. morellojoe

morellojoe New Member

Years ago, (pre internet), I wasted a lot of money trying to find a home based business. I was pretty naive then and was quite a soft target. Over the last couple of years I have been researching online businesses. As anybody posting in this forum will tell you, the sheer amount of information you come across is staggering. As they will also tell you, most of it is absolute rubbish.

When I started researching I was completely new to internet marketing and realised that as the competition is so high it is very easy to fail. But on the plus side I also realised that if you get it right the rewards can be very profitable.

It is therefore absolutely essential that you find a business with complete ongoing support and mentoring. Help should never be more that a phone call or an email away. If you have somebody proven in the field leading you in the right direction then your chances of success are dramatically increased.

So take your time and do your research. A lot of people want instant overnight results. If you're prepared to put the time and effort in then you're already one step ahead of the majority.

11. AnnieCaine

AnnieCaine New Member

Hi Redsadie..

Enjoyed reading about you and guess what? Your a lot like myself.

I joined YourNetBiz about 12 months ago and its making me and my family a really good monthly income.

If you or anyone joins them, make sure you join with the right mentor.

Read my story about it on my Blog...

Kind Regards

Annie

P.S I was going to train as a nail technitian[​IMG]

12. destani

destani New Member

Hi Redsadie, It's a pleasure to meet you. I think all the moms here have said it all. Slow down and research an opportunity before you jump in because there are plenty of sites that will leave you with empty promises. I would pick something that offers you a full course of training and give yourself some time to learn as much as possible. When I started I had absolutely no experience but now I can say that I can put some things together with the information I learned from online courses. If you gain knowledge of how the internet marketing game works you can pretty much make money in any niche. This will give you long term benefits. Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, show him how to fish and he'll eat for life. I think it goes something like that but you get the picture. I wish you the best!

Remember, Eagles Soar
    (R.E.S.)

13. yasser

yasser New Member

destani: Slow down and research an opportunity before you jump in because there are plenty of sites that will leave you with empty promises. I would pick something that offers you a full course of training and give yourself some time to learn as much as possible.
    This is the best advice..
    For me i was selling on ebay for 5 years and when i realised that i am making decent income, i am now switching to a new business..

14. getpaidtotry

getpaidtotry Guest

Hello there...nice to know that most of have got back to work even if it is working from home ...I am sure we are not only going to be engaged with it but also very happy doing it and making good money.Lovely links here...try few of them.