Hi to all Mom's working from Home

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by Desigirl, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Desigirl

Desigirl New Member

Hi Everybody...

I am glad to have joined this forum.I read many posts of working from home mom's,.Very inspiring..Can you people guide me as to what is it you did when u started...I mean which are good sites that can be trusted and what are the types of jobs you opted..This information will help me and all the newbies i guess..

Thanks

2. Dan_dare

Dan_dare New Member

Hi,

I am also new here, and having the same question as you...

I'll keep in touch with this..

3. lathalukose

lathalukose New Member

Hi Desigirl,
    Where are you from?
    I have been online since 2002 I think..
    Anyways I started off learning about affiliate marketing, got hooked with adsense, then moved to starting offline businesses, now I am back with Internet marketing.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome guys![​IMG]

Yes, there are a variety of ways to make money online - I peronally have done several things from doing home based businesses, Ebay and affiliate marekting - and as of right now I prefer the affiliate marketing.

Costs less to get started in - actually is free in a lot of cases, although I recommend getting some sort of training tool to help you along, then there is almost no overhead cost, whereas with a business I had more overhead with advertising, buying leads, etc...

That's a bit of my story.[​IMG]

5. Desigirl

Desigirl New Member

Thanks Ladies for your Response.

Hi Lathalukose, i live in uae but I am an Indian [​IMG].

Thanks montainmom. Actually i have started off working from with squidoo. I just joined it last week.Still learning. i think this week i have to start checking for affiliate sites...which one do you use?

Keep us posted mommy;s with your valuable suggestions..[​IMG]

Deepa

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Okay - here are a few tips... [​IMG]

First of all, make your links clickable by adding around your link - some of us around here are more likely to click on your links if we do not have to copy and paste.[​IMG]

I'll go and rate your lens - I already did the first one. Nice lens! I actually use PotPieGirls training with the One Week Marketing Plan when I build lenses as I didn't make a dime until I used her simple method. (I have some of her information on my sites below)

But then as far as affiliate links, I use a variety of places. Clickbank has a lot of eproducts, and shareasale, or commission junction, and linkshare are some places with tons of products to choose from...

But I am ALWAYS on the lookout for affiliate products - when I am on a cool website, I always check to see if they offer an affiliate program. (usually found at the bottom of the websites)

Have fun.[​IMG]

7. Desigirl

Desigirl New Member

Thanks a lot for your comments on my lens..really appreciate it.

Also your advice will help me a lot. Hope i can earn money from home..thanks again [​IMG]

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hello Desigirl and Dan_dare,

Welcome to the forum. [​IMG] I've been working online for 2 years in my spare time. What I learned to do is also affiliate marketing, primarily, but I build niche (topic) websites.

I had no idea how to start, but I found SiteBuildIt (SBI) and haven't looked back. They have a wonderful program in place to take you step by step through the whole process of building your own online web business, whether it is for affiliate marketing, selling your own products, selling a service, whatever you like.

I've been inching up to $1000 per month for a while, and FINALLY made it for 3 months in a row, now. I'm tickled pink, of course. I know that it is going to just keep getting better and better as my sites grow and age.

It's definitely a lot of work, but don't get discouraged by the slow progress. If you stick with it and follow a proven plan, you WILL get there in the long run.

I just started a fourth site last month with my name angieberg .com. I won't make it clickable as that's against the rules and I'm not ready to make it a sig. link just yet. [​IMG]

I just wanted to show it off a bit to my friends, particularly Viola. (personal note to Viola - I took the plunge and learned to upload my own html!) [​IMG]

Anyway, there are a number of different approaches to online marketing. I like the idea of focusing on a particular topic and then running wild with it until you "own the niche" so to speak. I'm not quite there yet, of course, but the amount of free traffic you start to generate is amazing.

I wish you both the very best in your search for what's right for you!

Blessings,
    Angie

9. lathalukose

lathalukose New Member

Hi mountainmon,

Very lovely websites in your sig. Very inspiring.
    Angie, I am so excited to know how much you are making. This helps me keep motivated and to stick on.

Personall I prefer clickbank, because I have had trouble with commision jn when I applied from India. I had no trouble getting approved while I was in US but since we moved back and I updated my address, they reject outright (when you apply for programs).

Very disappointed

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi lathalukose,

I'm glad my post encouraged and motivated you. It motivates me, too. [​IMG]

What a shame about Commission Junction! Do you have your own established website that you were using them with before they canceled you? If so, I would try to contact them rather than trying to re-apply.

There are other hardgood affiliate clearinghouses you could try. Linkshare, Shareasale, Google Affiliate Network, etc. but I don't know what their policies are regarding India. You'd have to check.

If you don't use Google Adsense on your site, it is well worth considering. The majority of that income last month was Adsense earnings. [​IMG]

Blessings for the new year,
    Angie

11. lathalukose

lathalukose New Member

Thanks Angie. I have tried shareasale and I like them
    I have a google adsense account, but I make so less 0.16 cents or even less. Not daily, just once in a while.

12. happywife

happywife Gold Member

lathalukose: I have a google adsense account, but I make so less 0.16 cents or even less. Not daily, just once in a while.

Well, Adsense income is really a numbers game. [​IMG] You need lots of traffic to generate a decent amount of clicks.

When you learn to build a website that starts bringing in free traffic, the law of averages kicks in. You may get a handful of clicks per 100 visitors give or take.

The value of your clicks depends on your niche topic. Trust me, my chocolate candy site click values are pretty dismal. But, when you are getting 100-200 clicks per day, it definitely adds up. Imagine when my traffic increases as my site grows. I'll be getting more clicks per day and my income increases.

Don't be discouraged. It took me a several months to make enough in Adsense to even get paid ($100 threshold), but once the ball was rolling and the traffic started coming in the checks come every month like clockwork.

What I love about it is that anyone can do it, no matter if they are really great at copywriting and marketing, or just learning all the ropes. I was a complete and utter blank slate when it came to this stuff 2 years ago.

I still have heaps to learn, but knowing what I know now, I'm thrilled about my prospects.

Hang in there,
    Angie

13. Desigirl

Desigirl New Member

This forum is like a gift for people like us who r new. With forum members like angie, latha & mountainmom it is going to a fun ride..[​IMG]

Thanks guys for ur support

14. joyful34

joyful34 New Member

Yes the whole internet business game can be quite a journey and daunting experience can't it. It can be rather seducing too, not to mention overwhelming at times when you don't know if a business is what it seems from the outset.

I have tried and failed in many ventures, call it stupidity, no I call it experience I think and there are lots out there who experienced the same. Now I am aware that I like to have my hand held in a new venture. I want and need to be walked through the steps and supported, especially since technology is going at warp speed.

There are some awesome people out there who are really amazing in their training and want you to succeed. I know its a game of persistance and know how.

We only fail if we give up !!. Hang in there mums, we can do this !!

15. dani_nae

dani_nae New Member

I just wanted to add that me and my boyfriend have just gotten started in the affiliate marketing business as it is free and while it does take a lot of work to get started, from what we have found, seems to be the most lucrative and it you can basically do it for free.

Another thing you can do in your spare time is sumbit original articles to associated content (www.associatedcontent.com) and if you give them exclusive rights to your article they will pay you PER article (anywhere from 3-7 bucks). It DOES work, I have been testing the waters with it and it seems to be a surefire way of making money and they pay you as soon as you agree to the amount. So if you want money NOW, this is the way to go.

ALSO- since we use article marketing for our affiliate sites, I usually have one article that i submit to many sites, like ezinearticles, goarticles, etc and then rewrite the same article and submit that one to AC and give them exclusive rights so that I'm marketing AND getting paid a flat rate for that article. It sounds like a lot of work but you could have two articles written in about 15 minutes once you get the hang of things!

16. Julsy

Julsy New Member

I am also a stay-at-home, homeschool mom. I have only been trying to earn money on the net a short time, I started with a gifting program that was based on a one time small fee, but have since moved on to a Matrix system that I think is the best thing since chewing gum! The way it works is you pay $10.00 a month and you get back $1.00 a month for everyone in your downline! It's just that simple. So, all you do is get the word out by advertising and get people under you and as soon as you get 3, you will be making very good money every single month as soon as your 3 get their 3 and so on. I chose this type of business plainly because its VERY simple. I spent months on end looking over every kind of business out there on the net and nothing just caught my interest till I heard about the very inexpensive gifting program that I got into, but then when I found the Matrix and saw that it's automated and whatever you earn, you earn every single month from then on till infinity. Plus some programs offer spillover. What spillover does is for anyone that has more than their 3 people, but get more to join, then those get spilled over to their downline. So, in other words, even if you do NOTHING, if you join under someone doing well, you will still get spillover and be making money! I was sold!

Very nice to meet all the other mom's on here!!! Great idea for this thread!

17. beginhere

beginhere New Member

Hello ladies

Finding that perfect home base business.... Whoa... there are so many.

After years of many different online ventures, from binaries to matrix, I found the uni-level the most rewarding.

As for the product or service you decide to advertise, I believe you must be an example of the product or service. I choose the service aspect after being a victim to a bot net. Now of course I had no idea what that was, but got educated very quickly. I was very fortunate not to have been fine or lose service.

The #1 goal is to educate people about the hazards of the Internet. Whether you are surfing the net, banking or just emailing friends jokes, you must and should be working on a safe and secure computer.

It has been the easiest business by far since I started this venture some 9 yrs ago. Why? Because everyone has a computer story. Our company has an 85% customer retention and into my 3rd year, loss one customer because he was on his way to Iraq.

I am very happy and I do feel like I am making a difference in people's life. My only recommendation is be aware, be responsible and be safe.

Much Success to all Moms
    Susan

18. lathalukose

lathalukose New Member

Hello everyone,

Just excited.

I am finally making money almost everyday using affiliate marketing.

19. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

Hey desi-girl,

Oh where to start...there are soo many opportunities out there to try! Let me just say that if you stick with this forum and take the advice of all the willing people here to help you, you will succeed! Everyone here in this forum is ready to help you every step of the way! So don't be bashful if you ever have a question, i'm sure many will be quick to respond!

20. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Finding the right opportunity can be a daunting task. There are so many opts on the net yu can make a job of just looking them over. Recently I had to go through my email and unsubscribe from at least 50 things im getting emails from each day. So here is my advice to a mom looking to work from home.

1- Find a business/product you enjoy

Working with something you enjoy makes in not even work. Believe me. My wife and I are in the travel industry guess why. Because we like to travel. So talking about or showing people to travel is right up our alley.

2- Learn to network

This serves a few purposes. By networking you can learn from others the pitfalls to look out for as well as the roads to travel. In addition it is a great way to generate leads. My networking generates me more leads than I can ever use.

3- Cross train in other areas

By working at home ive learned to create websites, write articles , make capture pages and create my own business opportunities. By learning as you go you can learn to keep your cost down by doing alot of the work yourself.

4- Find a group you can talk to

Well you found that. This forum is the best ive seen and I suggest you use it as well as contribute all the time.

I wish you the best in your endeavor and would love to give you any advise you might be in need of.

[Post edited - Admin]