home working soultions

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by citizen, Apr 18, 2009.

1. citizen

citizen New Member

Hi

Actually it's not any idea, but a question. Recently I've received an email which said: "Hi there. Would you be interested in working from home? We have several home typists/data entry clerk positions available.

I decided to reply and I got another email which said:

A Data Entry Processor/Home Typist position requires that you have a reliable computer with constant Internet access and capabilities, a valid E-mail account, basic Internet knowledge, and minimal typing skills.

You must also be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner. This includes having excellent grammar and spelling when communicating with clients via E-mail.
    In addition to the above requirements, you MUST be able to follow instructions closely and completely!

You will do all contact via E-mail, so you will not be required to call anyone at anytime. This allows you to work whichever hours are most convenient for you (days, night, or weekends).
    You will be processing applications, as well as filling out forms in specific company databases (this tends to be tedious at times, so please be sure that you have the patience to do so before proceeding).
    This is why you will need to have basic Internet knowledge, though the training provided will give you step-by-step instructions on how to perform these tasks properly.

You will be paid ??10.00 for each application completed.

The amount of money you make each week is entirely up to you, and how much time and effort you are willing to put in with this position.

The average person makes ??250.00 - ??500.00 each week

When you have been accepted as a Data Entry Clerk/Home Typist, you are considered an Independent Contractor. This means that your taxes will not be taken out; therefore, you will not be provided with any tax forms. THIS IS ENTIRELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. The training provided will go more information about what to do with your taxes.

You will receive your pay through PayPal or whichever online payment portal you choose. When an application is completed, ??10.00 will be credited to your PayPal account, which can be withdrawn into your bank account at your leisure.

You can read about the security policies at www.paypal.com.

There is a one-time non-refundable fee for the training package, ??10.00
    We must accept this fee to cover training costs, processing fees, as well as to ensure that only serious applicants apply. This is a non-refundable fee, so be sure that you understand what you are doing before sending in your payment for the training materials.
    This fee will not be waived for anyone, and cannot be deducted from your first pay. This is because if you do not process applications, you will not have a first pay, and we will have already taken the time to set you up, and train you.

You will need a word processing program in order to perform this position successfully (MS Word, Works, Notepad, etc.)
    Most applicants typically complete the training within 24 hours or less. However, you can do this at your leisure. Keep in mind that the sooner you go through the training materials, the sooner you will START earning money.

I will be able to be contacted via E-mail at anytime after you have received your training materials to help you, or answer any questions you may have.

If you are serious about this position, meet all the requirements, and are responsible enough to work from home, then please contact me via E-mail and I'll inform you how to set up a PayPal account to send the fee (if you do not already have an account).

If you are still serious, and are willing to put forth some time and effort, then please send a blank email to the address below with the word 'PAYMENT' in the subject box. I will then send you instructions on how to pay your one time fee after which you will be emailed your training materials and can start work immediately.

---- Has anyone of you ever done a similar job from home? Does it pay off? It's not a fake?

take care

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

It IS in fact a fake! [​IMG]

Here is what will happen. You will pay to join and then you will get the instructions and training materials on how to place ads just like the one you just responded to, so that others can now pay YOU to join so that you can send them the training materials, etc, etc...

3. GANIMAL

GANIMAL New Member

Sounds like a scam to me, I wouldn't do it.

4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

i would never join this program... [​IMG]

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Citizen,

I wouldn't touch it.

~Newbie Shield~

6. citizen

citizen New Member

7. samda

samda Member

I would just mark it as spam and delete it once for all. Will you too do this or you may get into ditch...

8. KarlFabian

KarlFabian New Member

Hi Citizen, Are you into the solution?
    It is nice to be able to screen those e-mail opportunities isn't it?
    You have been given good advice. My suggestion to you is don't take any e-mails received seriously. And continue to screen those you have questions about as you have just done.
    Good Pluck,
    Karl

9. timbonderud

timbonderud New Member

citizen
    I at one point researched for a good 18 months to find something online, what i

found was that you have to find something with the proper training and support, and

in most cases in order to get that there usually is a monthly fee involved, but with

my experience in the past the small fees that may be charged are absolutley worth

every penny when it comes to proper training, without that a person is running

around aimlesly trying to figure out were to start. Also make sure you have a

passion for what you are doing, this will be the difference between success and

failure. Take Care.

10. Anniediva

Anniediva New Member

It sounds dubious and even though many of us are looking for work from home possibilities this one sounds hhmmm questionable at best. Good luck.

11. whitney black

whitney black Member

It's not a scam, but it's not what it sounds like. You will pay 10 to sign up and get the training stuff, then OTHERS will pay YOU to get the same thing from YOU. It's probably legit but there will be a lot of promoting and work involved.

12. edna delucas

edna delucas New Member

Normally all the intermediary freelance sites may charge a nominal fee while you work through them and receive payments from them not directly from the client. the freelance website will take care of the taxation. You will have to fill up IRS 1099 form only. Jobbuckets is one of the emerging online work places that follow this procedure.

13. Conner Hogan

Conner Hogan New Member

Totally a scam. First question, how did they get your email? If you didn't give it, its a scam.

When unsuccessful marketers build lists of people. After they experience no success, they blame the leads.
    They can easily sell those leads for some quick cash. That means your email could have been sold to someone
    who wants to scam money.

Congratulations for thinking before you leaped. Not a very common trait.