House or Vacation

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by Kelsey, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

Just because I am curious, all of you out there, would you use your money to buy a big house and luxury car, or live moderately and go on extreme vacations?
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Buy a house in the woods :) Save money, and get the joy of being with nature. That's what most people want to do on a vacation right?
    Kelsey and Just2EZ like this.
  3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Why limit oneself? In my opinion, buying a big house and luxury car is not necessarily an indication of excess, it could simply be a smart investment. And going on extreme vacations could be fun. So, if one's situation can accommodate both, I'd say, "Go for it!" :)

Hermas
    Kelsey likes this.
  4. ThatSkinGuy

ThatSkinGuy New Member

Set the goals high and go for both! ;)
    Kelsey likes this.
  5. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

Planning a trip to disney, just about as exotic as you can get with kids. :p
    ThatSkinGuy likes this.
  6. ThatSkinGuy

ThatSkinGuy New Member

LOL! Isnt that the truth! We have been trying to plan a vacation, but its kindof tricky with a 5 yr old and a 6 month old....
  7. 4melife

4melife New Member

I'm using the power of residual money to fund my families living. So that on any given day I can drop everything and do whatever with the family. Disneyland, lake, road trip, Europe. The house will be whatever the wife wants. Mainly a good kitchen, big backyard, and a deep tub.
  8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I'd go middle of the road. I'd buy a nice house and a decent car, and take some fun vacations.
  9. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I chose a modest house in a vacation spot visited by millions a year,
    and a vehicle that is trustworthy on and off road (old 4Runner).
    When I do get the wanderlust I prefer modest over extreme.
    Value should be the determining factor, not appearance.
    Get more bang for you buck instead of blowing it all.
    Then again, to each his/her own.
  10. Having multiple houses and travel the world.
  11. Winter

Winter New Member

House, because I want out of my apartment! Wouldn't need to be too huge, but more space than what I have here. Expensive car, not neccessarily. So decent house and a trip to Tampa to see my sister if I had enough money left.

I agree about multiple houses. I would love to have a home here, a home in Tampa, and a home in Boston and or NYC. In my very very dream world... :)
  12. It's important to have that dreams. They fuel our desire to accomplish things.
    Dreams are being meant to turn into reality and then have bigger dreams and go from there.

I've never been to NYC, but that's definitely on my to-travel and I suppose on my to-have-an-apartment-in list. :)
  13. Winter

Winter New Member

I haven't been to NYC yet either but I know I would love it there! :)
  14. BuyYourOwnHouse

BuyYourOwnHouse New Member

I would use my money to buy investment properties that generate cash flow so I could use that money to travel.