How can I become successful?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by rudolph, Jul 27, 2013.

1. rudolph

rudolph New Member

My wife of 20 yrs is very smart and talented, built a website. I would like to receive ideas on how to successful?
    Don't care about money, I have CHRIST! I believe what I want to do with our newly found abilities is to help others.

I was a restaurant MGR for 20 yrs. even at one point owned a very busy restaurant till it burned. Now I have been told I have MS so I've been a stay at home dad for the last 10 yrs, which is a blessing however I must figure out how to make money so my beautiful bride may stay home and be the creation GOD intended for her to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
    rudolph

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Welcome to the forum, Rudolph!

I would suggest that you start out by visualizing your "success" in its completed state of fulfillment. In other words, use your imagination to create a picture of what success would be for you if you were actually experiencing it this very moment.

When you have that scenario clearly defined in your mind, ask for divine guidance on how you could use your talents, experience and passion to materialize that picture. Since you have so many years experience in the restaurant business, that may be the most fertile ground for inspiration on how you could help others and make some money in the process.

Then, stay alert for the subtle promptings that will be presented to you. They may appear as coincidence, intuition, a chance meeting or some other seemingly mundane occurrence. But if you are truly tuned in with your eyes, ears and heart, you will recognize them.

After that, all you'll need is the courage to investigate and explore these leads and see where they take you.

As a religious person, I'm sure you know how to "walk by faith, not by sight," and you understand why "God helps those who help themselves."

Hermas

Vishal P. Rao and payment proof like this.
  3. Aron Prins

Aron Prins New Member

Hey Rudolph,

Welcome to the forums! The best tip I have in my arsenal is to pick a theme for your business that you like yourself.
    This might be a hobby, a product you love to use or another niche you're into yourself.

E.g. as a hobby I'm a magician, so starting a magic blog or product would fit my niche.
    Why do this? You'll never NOT want to work on it ;)

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Aron Prins

4. drknlvly6781

drknlvly6781 Active Member

"Success is the continual realization of a worthy ideal"- Earl Nightengale. With that being said the start of all the success that you want begins with creating that ideal. What is it that you want to do? What are you good at? What are you passionate about and would like to share with others? These are the questions that you must truly figure out before you step one foot out on attempting to earn online.

So what is it that your wife has created a site about, and who is it for? This will tell you who your audience is and how to reach them.

payment proof likes this.
  5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Have you heard of Noah St. John? According to his theory, you can become successful by doing just what you just did with the title of your post here, "How can I become successful".

This may be left field for those that don't follow the laws of attractions, but for those of you that do, it may give you an aha moment. Noah St. John has coined the phrase Afformations, which is a bit different from Affirmations.

An affirmation is a positive statement that you say to yourself or write down somewhere that you can see it often. Maybe your affirmation might be something like "I am rich". Well you look at your bank balance and you see you aren't rich so your subconscious really doesn't believe it, so it's not as effective. Belief is really a key to a lot of our success.

So an Afformation according to Noah is phrasing that affirmation in the form of a question. Our brains are programmed to automatically answer questions. So instead of saying "I am rich", You may put it in a question that like "How did I get so rich in 6 months". Ask it over and over and you will begin to get ideas at random.

I did it last week. I wanted an extra $500 for my vacation next week. I asked myself "How did I make $500 this weekend. I got an idea, implememted it and made my $500 bucks.

Noah St. John also has a great affiliate program by the way! :) You can finds tons of info on him just by Googling!

6. annalaurab

annalaurab Member

The advice already given here is great. I would add that whatever you chose to do needs to be a passion and I mean a strong passion.

7. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I absolutely agree! If you are passionate about something, it is easier to remain motivated both in the short term and in the long run.

8. Rhianna

Rhianna New Member

All great advice! I'll just add...keep at it!!, even if it feels like things are going nowhere and you're not seeing the results you want, you must not give up, you're time and efforts will defiantly be rewarded and you'll be glad you hung in there... :)

YAGOOFT likes this.
  9. Fabulousmiranda

Fabulousmiranda New Member

I'm finding that the FASTEST WAY to become successful is to hang around other people that are successful. Become a student and do what they do; as long as it is legal and ethical and poses no harm to anyone...GO FOR IT!

YAGOOFT and SandraGJ like this.
  10. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

Yes, passion is important when things aren't going as planned. You need to be able to overcome the urge to quit. That only happens when you really believe in what you are doing.

YAGOOFT likes this.
  11. kingsway

kingsway New Member

Hi Rudolph,

Reading from your post you have a lot of experience to draw from in order to help other people. I think that you want to use what you have to help others is a great desire and the way to do that is to bring value to someone else's life.

The experience you have as a restaurant manager i'm sure you could write a book on that itself but what if there are other people who want to start their own restaurant business i'm sure the experience you've been through in that area would be invaluable to them because you can short cut their learning curve by putting that 20 years into a book.

Now how much is 20 years restaurant experience worth? A huge amount to someone who wants to do what you have done but you would be bringing great value and help to people in that area.

Rudolph, you also said that you've been a stay at home dad for 10 because of MS could you write about that transition you've had to pass through and find other people who may be going through the same illness and even show them how to make an income despite having to stay at home because a lot of people find it very difficult after being very active to then switch career.

I think the experiences we all go through whether it be academic or a life experience is very saleable as well i've read a god number of books about people who hit on rough times and a few years later there they are life has completely turned around and living the good life and to hear the stories behind these successes is truly inspiring.

Inspiration can be very profitable!

Look back at your experiences and ask yourself, can i make money from these? So often we use our past as the reason why we can't progress but i feel your optimism in your post Rudolph, and all things are possible to those that believe!

All the best...:)

12. Art

Art Member

Recently I found this video on youtube, it really says a lot about the mind-frame you need to have to become successful!

Enjoy :)
    Art

13. Aaleeyah

Aaleeyah New Member

Find some relevant job and start thinking positive. Work hard you will be successful.

14. John_Moore

John_Moore Member

Welcome to the forum buddy. To be honest, you can't just ask a question that wide. You need to do your research, narrow it down, and then ask for help if you need it. No one will just "give" you the solutions

15. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Yes, their mindset can really influence yours and change your attitude about things.

16. Dean Fraser

Dean Fraser New Member

Hi and welcome.

If i was you I would first define what success meant for you, what will life look like when you achieve that success? How will you feel? What will others say to you about it?

When you know what it is you exactly want then you can hold that mental picture in your head. The next thing to do is decide how much money you need to achieve that success. Don't just say lots, be more specific.

If you need $1000 per month then if you have an online business doing email marketing for example, you would need a email list of 1000 people who would each spend $1 each per month to make that a reality.

Next you have to ask what will you offer or provide as value to help others in return for that money. It could be a paid for monthly news letter you send to your email list about how to take action and exercise their morals to help them live better or whatever you know about.

The last step is just to get out there and do it regardless.

17. adamv

adamv New Member

Agreed 100%, follow your passion THEN figure out how to monetize it!! Great Advice!

18. DigiExpress73

DigiExpress73 New Member

Since you been in the resturant business! Maybe write blogs on how to start a resturant business.