How Can I Earn from Home without Selling any product?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bianca_dee, Jul 1, 2010.

1. bianca_dee New Member

I have been following through some of the threads here. Indeed, I am learning a lot of tips and guidelines to having income from home. However, most of them I realize would actually require me to sell someone's product or something like that.

Do you have any good suggestions of alternative things I can do on the internet without selling any product on a certain website? Probably services? I just don't know where to start.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

What I like to do is set up niche sites where I make money with adsense, and even selling products (but I never have to handle anything except the paycheck[IMG]) ... there is money to be made in a variety of ways, but this has been the easiest for me as I don't want to deal with customers and people.

I just want to get up in the morning and see that I made money while I slept. lol

If you want to see my SBI site (which is exactly what I described above) go to emergency-survival-skills.com - that is one of my bigger sites, and nothing fancy, but it will give you an idea of what one can do with SBI.[IMG]
  3. sarauk New Member

There are different things you can do, I looked into different things before, some are paid jobs from home. There is a thread here I wrote about it. There are other paid jobs if you do not want to sell.
  4. carterstory New Member

Theer are paid jobs, there are network marketing companies that are data collection (data network affilites, and crowd source international). You can also do paid surveys.
    If you have skills in html or php, you can sell your services on places like fiverr.com (actually there are a ton of things out there on fiverr).
    You can do what MTN mom has done and find niche things to blog about and collect the adsense revenue / affliate product sales.
  5. kenwrites New Member

How are you marketing the catering business in your sig? I realize that it is selling something, but you already have a sales page that you just need to drive traffic to.

As far as not selling product, my only suggestion is writing for private clients or content sites. The only product your are selling yourself would be your writing.
  6. annalaurab New Member

I'm not sure why you are so much against selling things, but in any case you can do what the other person already said with adsense but I also recommend affiliate marketing with things such as amazon. You can post your links with reviews of books and other products and get paid. You aren't selling the things but giving people the chance to buy.
  7. FreeCashMan Active Member

There are viable NO Selling opportunities out there. The internet has paved the way to what many use to say "too good to be true" to being actually true.

You can earn additional income from home with a legitimate opportunity and not worry about having to get all wrapped up in selling. Additionally, you can get training and support to succeed. Of course you need the right team/leadership, but it exist. Don't give up or feel like it doesn't.
  8. john58 New Member

One of the easy online biz one can do is taking survey
  9. bianca_dee New Member

Thank you so much for all your answers! I really appreciate it and are truly helpful!

I think I may have to start with blogging and Adsense. After that, I could then do more research with any other money making opportunity.

Thanks once again!
  10. jbpatlanta New Member

Any reason why you don't want to sell things.

I sell things all the time without ever trying to sell things. I just talk about what I know and how something helped me do it.

I promote what I really use and like. People read about how good it works for me and they want to try it too. I get sales and they get a good product.

There is no high pressure selling going on. That is the beauty of the internet. And a good thing to because I am a terrible salesman.

Remember fund raisers in middle school clubs. Go sell these cookies, pictures, or books. I sucked. I usually could only sell to people in my family and church and I think they just felt sorry for me[IMG]
  11. weebitty Member

I can relate to what you are saying I was in alot of MLM's and you had to sell sell sell and I got burned out on it and never made any money. So I search out companys also that don't depend on selling all the time. Check out some of the links on postings and see if any of them are to your liking. If they sell something and you don't get a good feeling then move on to the next one. There are plenty of opportunits out there. Also you need support and help as well not just someone that will sign you up and then say ok you are all set and you never hear from them again. Or you have to "buy so much each month". I am not saying that those are bad... they aren't for me anymore, been there done that so to speak. Just keep searching you will find something I am sure. Keep asking questions too if you arn't sure on something. They are very generous in their advice and pearls of wisdom here[IMG]

Remember also anything you do you have to enjoy doing or you won't do it for long!! You also have to ask yourself how committed are you to it. There arn't any get quick business out there so you have to look at building it over time. So ask yourself if you get discouraged easily and quit?? There is sometimes some tough questions you have to ask yourself and be honest with yourself when you answer that maybe of some help as well.
  12. bianca_dee New Member

Thank you! Great points there especially the 'selling' part. I think at some point I may have to do it. I think I am still at the point of learning that selling in the internet is not the same as how it goes in the physical world. [IMG]

Thank you so much for your points. I have been learning a lot from here.
  13. adamtaylor New Member

It is possible to earn money online without selling any products whatsoever. There are numerous sources for online income, and I will introduce these to you so you can begin earning money online:

Google AdSense on your blog
    Banner ads on your blog
    Donation button
    Membership sites
  14. bianca_dee New Member

Thank you for those tips adamtaylor [IMG]
  15. Margo Tuul New Member

Make money without selling or promoting anything? This way:

You find a customer, you find a service provider (mad cheap and high quality), you offer your customers higher price, ask half upfront, half when job is completed, pay the other guy. He completes your job, you hand over...and collect profit.

I have made thousands this way.

Go to Craigslist or any place, where offline business owners look for services. Website design is really HOT. In Warrior Forum, you can find cheap and very good designers.

Small business owners pay up to $3000 per website, Warrior Forum designers ask around $200-300. See how much profit you can make? [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]. Usually they complete your job in few days, max 7 days. So you can make up to $2000 profit, in just few days. Small business owners selling shoes etc. , they don't know what place is WF or who you are. You just show them "your" portfolio. What "you" have done before. That you are the right guy for him.

This is the only way, what comes into my mind. You don't promote, sell or advertise anything. You even don't need a website. All you need is email account.
  16. yasser New Member

Article writing
    adsense
    affiliate marketing
  17. talfighel Silver Member

Going with Google Adsense is a great way to do just that.

When someone clicks on your links, you earn a percentage of that.
  18. Margo Tuul New Member

Keep in mind, that you will get banned by Google, if you start earning bit more than average Joe's [IMG] Im talking about Adsense. And specially if you use Blogger as your site. Blogger is owned by Google. Careful there[IMG]

I would never use adsense, but again, its just me. Everybody can make money in different ways.
  19. fixaprob New Member

There are different things to do..you can do home based business through internet.there are many sites which can give you write guidance.
  20. j11_cook New Member

I have tried a lot of things to Work At Home over the years, but to me.......

Writing Articles
    Blogging

are 2 of the best ways to make money online at home. By doing these 2 things and then creating backlinks, it can make you money. Just be ready and willing to put some time and effort into it, because nothing will be able to make you money overnight. If they claim that they can, then more than likely it will not be legitimate.[IMG]