How can I get referrals

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by peanut22, May 9, 2007.

1. peanut22

peanut22 New Member

Hello everyone, I'm new to this board and am hoping to get some advice.

I'm trying to get referrals to a site that I'm on which is a Get Paid To site where you earn money with freebies, surveys, and offers, etc...

My problem is, I'm not having much luck getting referrals and I think it's how and where I'm advertising, etc...

I've tried to find forums, but I haven't found many of those and the few that I have found don't really allow for promoting my referral link.

Do you all have any suggestions of some things I can do to improve?

Thanks so much [​IMG]
  2. peanut22

peanut22 New Member

am i maybe posting this in the wrong place?
  3. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

There are many ways of advertising online and you need to try all of them. Some are free. Do not expect overnight results.
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you have your own website with traffic, you may be luckier and get more referrals
  5. shazza

shazza New Member

I have also tried the same referral program and advertised via free advertising with no results. I also joined many of the compaines for surveys etc and found they did not deliver what they promised. I now delete any emails for these sort of referral programs.

If you are new to this and would like some help let me know.
  6. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

Well...if you're looking for cost free ways to do this, may I suggest starting up a "review" blog.

You could do some reviews on the products itself, and drive people to your review site via writing articles and forums. I know you're not that excited about forums, but you just have to be patient and make sure your targeting the right peeps.

Anyhow, creating a blog is free. You can check out places like:

www.wordpress.com or www.blogger.com

to get started!

Plus, doing quality articles and reviews is an excellent way to build credibilty with your prospects and readers. And after reading your material, they are more likely to visit your site[​IMG]

Chaz
  7. peanut22

peanut22 New Member

thanks all for the ideas. I decided to check into maybe some kind of referral programs and see if I can find some free advertising.

Thank you so much for the blogging idea...I think I'll probably give that a shot and see how it goes. I really like those two blog sites listed.

shazza, thank you for the offer to help. I appreciate it, I may have to take ya up on that. I'm not sure if you have tried sites similar to the ones I'm trying to find referrals for, but I've been paid by these sites many times. Actually, for one site, I've been paid $1,049.00 since joining them last year in November, and I have several other sites where I've made some nice $$'s.
  8. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

That's great peanut22!
  9. jshaffstall

jshaffstall New Member

Hi, just saw this question.

I'm also marketing a get-paid-to site (actually a site that's a collection of GPT programs), and am having good luck marketing via traffic exchanges and other GTP sites.

The trick to being effective with traffic exchanges and GPT sites, which share the characteristic that the people viewing your site don't really want to convert, is to use a splash page instead of sending them directly to your program's site.

The splash page catches their attention and makes them curious about the opportunity, so if they click through they're more likely to convert.

I've also done some articles about this on my blog.

Good luck,
    Jay