How Can I Make This Lens Convert Better?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by KB24, Mar 7, 2012.

1. KB24

KB24 Active Member

I have a lens on chris farrells membership site. I have made a few sales but I was just wondering if someone could help me make it convert better? I don't want to touch it because its ranking on page 1 position 1-2 for the keywords. I have been getting 4-10 hits a day doing various things like article marketing posting in forums ect.. Im just wondering if my lens needs to be revamped? Looking for someone that can help me and give advice thanks. have a look at it here:

http://www.squidoo.com/chris-farrell-membership-review-how-to-make-money-online-for-beginners

2. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Good lens. I googled Chris Farrell Membership and you are in the number 3 spot for this keyword in the search engine.

The first thing I would do is go back into edit the lens a capitalize all of the "Chris Farrell" there. Then ping it.

I would focus on driving more traffic to it. The more visits the more sales you will have. If you make a few sales with 4 to 10 hits a day, conversion isn't the issue, you need more traffic.

I have a lens that went from 78 visitors in November of 2010 to 37,000 January 2011. Need I say how much more money is earned with this? It takes time to grow like this.

Backlinks help with this. Write some articles, do a few videos and link them to your lens.

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You can write articles and make it a daily routine. Make a goal to write at least one per day and don't forget to take at least one day off so that you do recharge your batteries.

Once you hit the 100 article mark for example, see if your traffic or ranking has improved. If it has, just continue to add more articles and link back to your lens.

By the way, your lens looks great.

4. KB24

KB24 Active Member

I am getting 4-10 hits per day but its not converting.. wondering if Im doing something wrong..

5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Critique from an impartial visitor???
    LOSE THE AD AT THE TOP - IT SCREAMS ADVERTISING!
    ok, now for a little more critical review...
    you have links galore to your CF membership pages,
    but none to YOU, Inc which is who people want to know.
    Instead of all the links to CF, link to your own site or an autoresponder.
    In other words, the lens looks to much like selling instead of reviewing.
    Readers want to think they are getting an impartial review, not being sold to.
    At least I do.[​IMG]

6. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Just2EZ: In other words, the lens looks to much like selling instead of reviewing.Readers want to think they are getting an impartial review, not being sold to.At least I do.

That is the thing how do I do this? Review instead of selling.. Ive always had trouble with this. I don't think you can get rid of the banner at the top.

7. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

KB24: get rid of the banner at the top.
    I was referring to the Chris Farrell banner which looks to be yours.
    If it was placed by Squidoo then who gets credit for sign ups?
    If it is your banner then just move it to the bottom.

Reviewing is giving your opinion, versus ads in your face selling.
    What you should want is for readers to contact you for more info.
    Hook them then reel them in nice and slowly.
    They run from sales without guidance.
    Just be a friend to your readers.
    Let them know you can help.

8. positivemagic

positivemagic New Member

Great lens! I agree with talfighel. Especially since you are good at writing. [​IMG] Good luck!

Isabella Fiorentino

9. simonfunhouse

simonfunhouse New Member

KB24
    Hello
    My name is Simon. Regarding your question. Have you linked your squidoo lense to hubpages ?
    How about creating a blogg and linking it to that ?
    Did you ping your squidoo lense ?

I hope this helps.

Simon

10. KB24

KB24 Active Member

By pinging writing articles social bookmarking.. My lens is ranking number 1 for the keyword "chris farrell membership".. its getting hits.. its just not converting like I want it to. But I have made sales though..