how do i drive traffic to my new website

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by vapingqueen, Jun 15, 2010.

1. vapingqueen New Member

hi ive set up my website, and i need to drive traffic to it, there loads of companies on the web that charge but who do you go with, what do u do? im new to all this can anyone help
    thanks for your time
  2. Flipper New Member

Hi my advice to you would do all the free traffic generation first before you start paying sites as this will get very costly and if you are new to this free traffic generation will also teach you along the way.

The things you can do first are-

1) Free Article writing- write an article about what you are selling on your website minium 300 words but make it informative don't write it as a sales letter more like a review of the product. Submit it to Ezine articles and Goarticles there are also many more just Google it.

2) Go to http://www.squidoo.com and set up a free lense same as an article on the product you are selling on your website.

3) Go to http://www.wordpress.com and set up a blog on the product you are selling on your website. You can also set up other blogs for the same product just google it for blogs.

4) You can join as many forums for the product niche you are selling on your website leaving the link for your website as your signature.

There are many other ways but these are the ways i started with and found that by doing this first it brought a lot of targeted traffic a long with sales.

You must remember when filling out articles, squiddo lenses, Blogs Ect that you use KEYWORDS.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS ALWAYS LINK YOUR ARTICLES, BLOGS, SQUIDOO LENSES AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU USE TO GET TRAFFIC BACK TO YOUR WEBSITE.

Always use original content when writing new articles, blogs ect as if you don't it will called spamming.

I hope this helps you on your way any questions don't be afraid to ask for help everyone started somewhere.
  3. WAHMCtr New Member

Consider setting up a few Google alerts so that you'll be notified when discussions that are relevant to your site are posted on the web.

You'll also want to be sure that you're offering quality content that is optimized for the search engines, primarily Google.

Think about posting product reviews (optimized for your keywords, of course).

Remember, to place a link to your site in the signature portion of your outgoing emails.

Finally, don't forget social networking and bookmarking sites (Twitter, Facebook, Digg, etc.).

Hope this helps and good luck to you!
  4. Margo Tuul New Member

You have options: paid or free methods.

Free is article writing, forums, visiting other people blogs, leaving comments, Web 2.0, social bookmarks.

Or paid: Google Adwords or you can find someone to build linkwheels for you and create backlinks. There is people who can manually create 200-300 backlinks (all unique content) for $80. This can bring you some nice traffic. Again, keywords are the key, choose them wrong, and even linkwheels and backlinks are useless.

Google adwords is targeted traffic and fast. If you are not sure, what to do there. Don't even try. You can lose lots of money there.

Try out free methods first, once you have money coming in, start reading about Google Adwords and how they work. Get proper training before you start.
  5. anaci New Member

I agree with free pages like on squidoo. It's worked for me in the past and will work again for my latest writing e-book. The more free pages and articles you write about your site's topic, the more you'll reach out to people who wanted "free" information in the first place!
  6. carterstory New Member

Post in forums with your signature,
    Write articles on all the article sites / directories you care to do with your site's link in the background.
    Build Pages on hub pages / suidoo.
    Add yourself in the yahoo site explorer / google bookmarking.
    focus on your keywords, and see where you land in the search engine raninkings..
    Also.. you can pay for ads on yahoo, google and MSN which will bring in immediate traffic.
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Vapinqqueen - first of all welcome and hope you are not overwhelmed yet![IMG]

You have gotten a lot of information here and my advice to you is to start with only one thing ..whether that be setting up a simple blog, or writing a few articles... don't try to do all of them at the same time!

We all started somewhere and have learned a lot along the way, but we didn't learn it all in one day.[IMG]

Here is a simple method to follow that I like to use..

1) Pick a keyword phrase relevant to your website such as 'personal vaporizers' or something like that... have you used the keyword research tool at Google yet? click the link below to see it...
    https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

2)Write an article or two using that keyword phrase and submit to goarticles.com and ezinearticles.com - the first is pretty easy to use and the second is a little tougher at first but better in the long run so don't give up on it!

3)Go to wordpress or blogger and set up a simple blog using the exact same keyword phrase as the url if you can... then use the same keywords in a blog post or two

4)That's enough for one day as if you are new you will be learning enough to make your head spin for awhile but don't worry, you'll feel better tomorrow.[IMG]

5)Once the blog is set up - add a post to it every few days on some aspect of your topic.

6)Go to Squidoo.com and set up a lens using the same keywords (this is a free place where you can put pictures and write about your topic, creating a very nice page which you will have links in, of course, linking BACK to your website)

7)IMPORTANT - on anything you do, have links directing traffic to your main website. Eventually as you keep adding stuff to the web in the form of articles, blog posts, and Squidoo lenses or also hubpages, you will create your own little marketing niche that will have traffic streaming into your website 24/7....

Have fun![IMG]
  8. onera New Member

As you're selling a product, you can use pay per click to drive targeted traffic. But don't send all your traffic to the home page. Send them to individual product page depending on what type of product they are searching for.
  9. talfighel Silver Member

The easiest way to drive traffic is with a Pay Per Click search engine like Google, Yahoo, or even MSN.

This is by far the best way to drive traffic to your site.

Tal
  10. Dennis Anthony New Member

Boy, of boy ... I learned the hard way that PPC can really cost you money if you don't do your research beforehand.
    Not trying to talk you out of it ...I know PPC works, but *ouch* that learning curve was painful for me....

The 'free' marketing techniques (articles, Squidoo, Blogger) do seem to take longer to see results ...but they're free -so who cares?

Persistence, patience and research are now in your 'Job Description.' -There's no substitute, if you ask me.

;^)

Best,
    ~Dennis
  11. j11_cook New Member

I have personally never tried PPC. I have been a little nervous about doing this. I have used all types of the free services, and they do get results and traffic driven to your site/s. In addition to ones that I have seen here, I also use an Article submission site called Scribd, which gets me a lot of exposure as well.
  12. jeffathome New Member

PPC can take some time to learn and can add up fast if you do not know what you are doing. If you have valuable targeted content then you will surely get some free organic traffic from the search engines.
  13. Denny56 New Member

I've had the most success with article marketing, forum posts and social sites.
  14. Cesar Fasano New Member

Lisa,

There are many ways to market your site online...First, let me ask you: What is it about? Who's your best customer?

If you have a product or service already, the fastest way to start geeting some traffic is to do some keyword research and find the niches that are interested in your stuff.

Once you have that part done, then you'll decide to use either Pay Per Click Advertising or Create content like articles, videos and press releases.

It's always a matter of educating yourself and takin massive action...

Cesar F.

P.S: In case you are interested in my personal choice for online marketing, send me a private message.
  15. Hi Everyone!
    I absolutely love the comments here! The value in this forum is priceless!

I use a few free marketing tactics to drive traffic to my sites.

1) Social Media Marketing - Like building relationships, sharing great, high quality content, and creating a great online profile.

2) Forum Marketing - Like here, your signature is a Free advertising Method! Give a short signature with a call to action and a link to your site!

3) Email Marketing - So many people forget about standard email marketing! If you write with your voice and personality in your emails and bring your members on your list to a call to action to visit your site, you will gain traffic from that easy method!

4) Blogroll. Do you have a Blog? You can easily gain traffic by having people exchange blogroll links!

Best of luck to you in getting traffic! It takes time, build trust, build a following... It doesn't happen overnight!

Melissa Ann Mitchell

[Link removed - Admin]
  16. joycelaura New Member

I think the best way to get traffic to your website is paying for it. But unless you have the money you should start advertising your website through your competitors.
  17. Kerry Russell New Member

Hi Vapingqueen,

I totally understand your frustration with this whole traffic generation thing, simply because I too was in the same situation just 8 months ago.

Yes you can start off by using only free methods however you will find that free methods often require lots of patience and it takes a while before you see results.

The truth is you only actually need to master 2 or 3 traffic generation techniques and do them well to drive a steady flow of traffic to your site. Unfortunately, the methods you choose to go with will depend greatly on trail and error, but you may want to consider the following before we do. I would strongly advice you to consider some kind of coaching if you are really serious about making money online. It doesn't matter who with just as long as they are successful and they know what they are doing. Generating traffic is a skill and just like anything else you need to learn how to do it correctly.

OK, You Could try the following methods

#1 Forum Marketing - link to your site in your signature
    #2 Article Marketing - Offer a good incentive in your resource box
    #3 Blog Commenting - A great FREE way to generate traffic
    #4 Content Distribution - Press Release

These are just a few free traffic generation techniques, but in all honesty it is a topic that can go on forever. There are so many ways and 99% of them require a learning curve. From my experience you will save yourself a lot of time and frustration if you get yourself a good mentor who can teach you all you need to know. This is exactly what I did and it wasn't long before I was able to drive traffic on my own, quit my job and work from the comfort of my own home.

Hope this helps

p.s. The best way to earn money from your business is to build a list but that's another topic [IMG] If you have a list you won't need to worry about constantly driving traffic all the time [IMG]
  18. fdo528 New Member

PPC is very targeted but if not done right.. you will loose lots of money. I would suggest you do article marketing and it will give you good amount of traffic. Social networking like facebook, twitter also will help. Use free ones for now until your profitable.
  19. Social Media is FREE and can be targeted marketing. I love using Social Media to build my business. Can I ask you all? Have you compared your results in article marketing to Social Media Marketing? What is your favorite Social Media Site to use to promote you and your work?

Melissa Ann Mitchell
    http://bizinabox.biz
  20. Tess_T New Member

There are TONS of methods you can use to get free traffic to your website! Write lots of keyword-rich, informative articles and place them ON your site before submitting to article directories. This will help you rank your own real estate instead of building the article directory up. Once the article is indexed on your site, submit to top article directories.

Comment on topic related blogs, leaving a link back to your site

Join 4 or 5 forums related to the niche of your website, and post often - of course you want to offer helpful, informative replies and avoid spamming.

Submit your site to directories, using keywords in your title

Most importantly - make sure your site is optimized well with your key terms and phrases, and provide original, helpful content!

Submit a few press releases

Social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook are great if you participate in discussions and offer help - again, avoid spamming[IMG]

These are just a few of the ways you can drive targeted traffic to your site - hope it helps!!