How do I promote my blog??

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by SoMuchEnergy, Apr 18, 2011.

1. SoMuchEnergy New Member

I know posting on forums (like this one) will bring a little traffic to your website/blog, but what else can I do? I'm experimenting with FB, Twitter, and even a traffic exchange (which seems to be attracting the wrong kind of traffic, not targeted obviously). I have told friends and family and told them to pass it on if they like it, but I need more ideas!
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am thinking if you are using a 'team blog' which it kinda looks like you may be, your best bet would be to write fitness articles and link back to your blog.

That way you can write on whatever topic you want and get targeted traffic to your blog.

Submit articles to places like ezinearticles and streetarticles, etc...
  3. talfighel Silver Member

Writing articles and submitting them to article directories is NOT the way to go. Too much competition there and I think it is a waste of time.

Why not make videos and post them on Youtube. This is a great way to get more and more traffic to your blog.

I would also encourage you to work with paid advertising like Google adwords and MSN adcenter.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

talfighel: Writing articles and submitting them to article directories is NOT the way to go. Too much competition there and I think it is a waste of time.

Why not make videos and post them on Youtube. This is a great way to get more and more traffic to your blog.

I would also encourage you to work with paid advertising like Google adwords and MSN adcenter.
    I would never advise anyone to mess with adwords unless they understood keywords.

Just a matter of opinion though - different things work for different people.[IMG]
  5. onedumbaussie New Member

Forum Posts are for backlinking, the traffic is generally pretty poor as most are just satisfying curiosity.

Article marketing still works, but since the google update have lost the exposure you used to get.

facebook viral aps and fanpages are working well for me, It is a learning curve but it works so well once you get onboard.

Still search engines are the best source o free traffic so optimise your pages, Ping your feeds and generate backlinks like no tommorrow.

I've spent months learning SEO and it has paid some of the biggest benefits for very little outlay other than your time.

PPC is great for quicj cash, but you need to do your research and make sure your cash doesn't get eaten alive.

Hope that helps

ODA
  6. DonaldGreen New Member

onedumbaussie
    Great tips!

i am also doing article marketing. indeed takes lots of time but it works.

i am trying to do backlinking but it is not going that good. what are you using to build the backlinks? i am really working on that without any success [IMG]

didn't do facebook yet but so many people are advising it now, that i think i am gonna go for it [IMG]

do you got some good websites or forums for learning more about SEO?
  7. arrowhead New Member

Try Twitter and Facebook. I also like that Youtube Idea. Maybe you can read some out in a one on one with the camera. So you can do that on youtube and also link to where you have everything o text. Good Luck.
  8. Tess_T New Member

There are many effective ways to promote your blog. After you write a post for your blog, re-write it as an article and submit to article directories, linking to your home page and your new post.

Comment on other relevant blogs - leaving useful comments, of course.

Guest post on other blogs; most blog owners will allow it as long as you write a good post - don't forget to link to your site at the end of your post!

Practice good SEO on your blog; include keywords in post titles and sparingly in your content. If you have a Wordpress blog, you might consider all-in-one SEO pack. It's great!

Tweet your posts and share it on Facebook. And, of course, link to your blog on forums like this one[IMG]

The MOST important thing you can do on your blog is to include unique content that talks to the reader and addresses their interests - don't talk about yourself! People are interested about "me", they really don't care about you.

Hope this helps!
  9. katereber New Member

Here are some ways you can promote your blog

1. Create great content ??“ everything starts with great content. Think 'Linkbait" -- or writing about stuff that would be so great that people will want to link to you.

2. Update the content regularly ??“ make your visitors come back again and again to your blog by providing daily updates (even multiple posts per day!)

3. Submit your blog to blog directories such as

BlogHop http://www.bloghop.com/account/index.htm
    Blogarama http://www.blogarama.com/index.php?show=...
    Contents Matter http://www.bloghq.com/create.php
    PubSub http://www.pubsub.com/add_feed.php
    BlogSearchEngine http://www.blogsearchengine.com/submit/
    EatonWeb http://portal.eatonweb.com/add.php

4. Network with other bloggers ??“ comment on their blogs, read and link to other blogs and request them to link back to you

5. Email other bloggers ??“ pitch your post to other bloggers

6. Make sure your blog is indexable by the search engines and make sure that your titles have great keywords that your target audience are most likely to use.

9. Send out press releases. While outfits charge as much as $650 per release, there are free press release submission places on the Web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (b) get more back links to your website without sending each website an email request; and (c) get more visibility especially if your press release gets in Google News or Yahoo News.
  10. annalaurab New Member

Get an account and start using stumbleupon. This is my number one source of traffic to my blog right now and I get a lot of traffic and my blog generates a lot of leads for me. My number 2 source is facebook followed by youtube, google, twitter, and squidoo. Stumbleupon is hot right now and it takes very little time to use.
  11. riccstar New Member

Great ideas posted! Thanks!
    Another idea is to go to fiver.com, there are some folks who can help you with back links .....for 5$ you can't go wrong!
  12. katereber New Member

You're right friend, we can also search some tips on how to promote our blog on google..

Good day!! [IMG]
  13. audrey12 New Member

Very awesome ideas from all. Thank you friends. I'm also new to blog maintenance and was trying to find ways to promote blogs. Your ideas was useful.
  14. jeremybarker New Member

SoMuchEnergy
    Write articles and link them back to your blog. The blog posts that you make are important also in that you create the correct keywords for your blog posts to get the to the top of the search engines.

Make sure that you are pinging your blogs after submission depending on what platform you are using. Wordpress has an automatic pinging system after your post if completed.

Be patient and make good blog posts. keep the energy level up.
  15. michaelcole New Member

Do you want to promote your blog or do you want to get readers to your blog?

You can promote til you're blue in the face but if you have the wrong message, the wrong target group, or both you might as well be offering free steak to Vegans, a waste of time.

If you want more readers to your blog do this:

1. Find an active blog in your niche, an active blog is one that is posted to often and gets some comments.

2. Make a worthwhile comment on one or more posts with a link back to your blog.

3. Visit the commentors blogs and leave comments there if you can add to the conversation.

What these three steps do is let other active bloggers know who and where you are.

Aim for at least three to five comments on different blogs a few tmes a week.