How do we go about getting our money back?

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by Kinglions175, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Kinglions175

Kinglions175 New Member

Just a basic question right to the point. Does anyone know where to start?
  2. SixMinuteMan

SixMinuteMan New Member

With the US AG prosecuting there may not be a need to file civil or class action suit unless you haven't recieved all your monies.

I'm contacting my respective State AG and asking them to look into this and advise a course of action.
  3. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

According to the people that were involved in 12DailyPro they never received a dime. All the money that was seized went to pay government attorneys, investigators etc. They never paid any of it back. It doesn't look good.
  4. Kinglions175

Kinglions175 New Member

Is there a certain time to exercise on a cashier's check? I just joined recently and put in at Chicago. Are Cashier Checks refundable within a specific time? This sucks... to put it lightly.
  5. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

Yes if things turn out for the worse, you are absolutely right!

I personally have less faith in our governmental systems than I do Andy and think that consequently, IF this whole thing collapses, we will never see a dime from the government's seizure designed to protect us! It will go to fees and attorneys!

I am still hoping this will all be resolved... and I hope that Andy will understand the intelligence of CYA and my trying to get back whatever I can... so I have disputed my credit card charges from the Miami Rally. That amount is only half of my total purchases!

If I can recoup that much, I'll be happy! The biggest disappointment will be the loss of the dream and all I had hoped to be able to acheive for myself and others!

Regardless, it will have been a cheap lesson and I learned to overcome many fears and decided to "have a go!"

My sponsor is still my friend. I still love them! They told me because they believed and they wanted to help me! I will never blame them or be angry towards them!

Remember: THOSE WHO MATTER, DON'T MIND; THOSE WHO MIND, DON'T MATTER!

I truly hope this whole thing gets sorted out and continues!
  6. JoeBlow

JoeBlow New Member

I'm just wondering about disputing your charges. I know as a merchant myself, that if someone disputes a charge, I have to go through all this paperwork to show the credit processor that they yes, did indeed purchase from me, and that I have to submit all the 'evidence' for that purchase.

But, I don't know how it goes if you, as a merchant (or ASD) have all of your accounts frozen. Will the processor give the credit back to the purchaser if they cannot recover the funds from the merchant (or ASD)?

I just don't know, because my business is legitimate and I don't have my bank account frozen.

Does anybody know?
  7. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

Exactly... I'm not out of the woods yet!

But I clearly did not receive the services for which I purchased!

I'll let you know the outcome of my situation.
  8. nkelly

nkelly New Member

The credit card company is still responsible for refunding you but only if it was not you who bought the goods or services. If it was Amex you would be better placed to get it refunded. Unfortunately Visa do not work that way and this Visa was an overseas processor because no US company would take the risk. (quite righty so). I don't think you have a snowball's chance in hell of proving you did not buy the ad packages unless you did not sign the ticket. ASD would be contacted and given a time period to refute the disputed charges. If their account is frozen the investigation would also be frozen. Unless you did not sign anything, in which case go for it!!
  9. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

nkelly: overseas processo

That was one thought I had... the other is that because it's an overseas Visa, it was not part of the seize, and thus I do have a snowball's chance because I did not receive the product or services that I purchased!

So I'm remaining in hope!

My first hope is that ASD recovers from this... but just in case, I have to make whatever effort I can to TRY to recoup at least part of my money. At present, disputing the credit card charge is the only hope I have if ASD goes bust!
  10. nkelly

nkelly New Member

You misunderstood what I wrote. I quote : "I don't think you have a snowball's chance in hell of proving you did not buy the ad packages unless you did not sign the ticket. " But I guess it's worth a try!!
  11. CHolahan

CHolahan New Member

Hi Guys,
    A judge could decide whether or not the government keeps the money or if it will be redistributed among members.
    It depends on whether or not the judge decides ASD was a Ponsi scheme, as the U.S. Attorney in D.C. alleges and if a judge decides that the people participating had enough information to understand that there was no real business model.
    Here's a story I wrote about it in BusinessWeek:

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/aug2008/tc2008086_509247.htm

Sincerely,
    Catherine
  12. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

nkelly: But I guess it's worth a try!!

Yes, I would say it is worth the try! In the interim, I get it taken off of being due for payment next week!!

It buys me time to say the least!

I did sign for it, but in good faith that I would receive what I purchased and I did not receive that which I purchased!