How Do You Get Paid?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by pastord, Oct 30, 2007.

1. pastord

pastord New Member

I am curious to how you all get paid for the packages. Do you have merchant accounts set up, paypal. cash/cashiers checks, etc? Just curious to what would be the best way.

Thanks,
    Pastor D
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I get paid by Cheque
  3. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Pastor D

Great question, after all why are we involved in a business at all. We use a merchant account for credit cards as well as accept cashiers checks.

The upside to offering both methods of payment allows the prospect with limited cash on hand to get involved by using a credit card which they can spread out the payments, while the cashiers check/bank check requires the prospect have the necessary funds on hand at time of purchase.

We are seeing a majority of folks join and use a credit card. I believe that folks are simply cash poor. Given the cost of living increases, gas approaching $3 a gallon these are just a few reasons that I think that it is benficial to offer the merchant account as well as accept cashiers/bank checks.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any additional questions just give me a call.

Best Wishes to your Success

Bill Decker
    443-244-2118
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Pastor D,
    you can use paypal but do not let them know you are affiliated with a travel business because they will freeze your account. Always move your paypal money into your bank account immediately after any transaction and then move it to a savings account or something because PAY PAL can go to your designated account and take money out if they see fit.
  5. pastord

pastord New Member

I probably won't use paypal then. Has anyone had any problems with charge backs on the credit cards?

Pastor D
  6. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Pastor D

I have never had a single charge back. I have only heard of 1 single charge back in over a year.

I can appreciate not using PayPal but in order to accept plastic you need to choose one. To cut off those who do not have the cash on hand sort of shoots yourself in the foot. You can eliminate this type of problem by spending the time with the prospect, talking to them to see if these are the type people you want to work with. After all it is your business. By spending the time with them you can weed out those inpulse buyers and not worry about charge backs.

Regards,

Bill Decker
    443-244-2118
  7. pastord

pastord New Member

What is the best merchant account?
  8. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

This is a little more info on the paypal situation as I know it. Pay pal is down on travel businesses because they get lots of chargebacks with them. Now, this shouldn't apply to us because it chargebacks rarely happen to us but they, like many others, put a blanket judgment on all travel related businesses just like others do on homebased businesses. The safe way to use paypal is to never mention your business in the transaction and use a plain ol email that doesn't come from your business domain. Then make sure you move the money immediately. Also, keep in mind that some people will demand to use paypal so make sure your account is verified. There are other paypal type companies you can use also. The best thing to do is go merchant account.
  9. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Pastor D

I believe that the majority of Coastal members use Link Point Central. The site is LinkPoint dot com. You will find that alot of merchant account companies will NOT provide accounts to Travel related business'. This is one of the reputable ones that does and it was recommended by Coastal Sales Center, WCYS.

Bill
    443-244-2118
  10. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Just a follow up to my previous post. I wanted to clarify something about how I get paid. The prospect joins by calling into the Coastal Call Center and the professional staff there takes their Credit Card information and process' it thru our merchant account with Link Point Central and the funds go directly into my bank account. I can also take payment over the phone and process it thru our merchant account. We do this with our retail sales, either way all Credit Cards are processed thru Link Point Central. I hope this is helpful, if you have any questions give me a call directly.

Bill Decker
    443-244-2118
  11. myself and my wife use bank wire transfers.

Here in Canada it is a little harder to get a merchant account than in the US.

There is a sense of security when you send your clients to their own bank and have them tranfers funds through their teller directly to ours. It is a one way transaction only.

Your bank will fill you in on all the details. 90% of our business is done this way and we love it.

Sean

Aviva Steele & Sean Keely
    Level 3 Directors CV
    FTV SE Distributors
    Expect Your Success Marketing
  12. Bill D

Bill D New Member

Sean:

Bank transfers are a great idea I would also use a merchant account. We often come across folks who simply do not have the cash on hand for the membership.

This allows them to spread out the payments using a credit card and start their Coastal business rather than wait to get the funds together which sometimes may never happen due to the financial position that they are in.

Best Wishes to your Success

Bill Decker
    443-244-2118
  13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

How much does it cost to set up the linkpoint account?i was on their site and I am not very techy so it was all a little confusing for me![​IMG]

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    Viola
  14. asebf

asebf New Member

How Do You Get Paid?

I have been told you are paid in direct relation to the amount of service you provide.