How Do You Really Work From Home?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by SteveSchroder, Jun 24, 2015.

?

Have You Had Success Working From Home

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. No, I have found that all the online jobs I looked for were scams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I have not been hired for any of these online jobs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I work online but earn less than 500 a month

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. I work online and earn between 500-1000 a month

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. I work online and earn 1000+ a month, working full time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I have been extremely successful from online employment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SteveSchroder

SteveSchroder New Member

I am quite new to the whole work from home thing. The thing is I really do like the idea of being able to set my own schedule and earn some money. I've been employed for a couple months by a company called textbroker.com. When I motivate myself well and stay on track with it, I usually earn a bit shy of 100 dollars a week. This is nice that I am making some money online, but I would want to have something a bit extra. The thing is every time I have looked for any other site to make money from home, they are all scams. I have tried a site called iwriter.com. That was clearly a scam. I wrote two articles for them, and I did not reach their payment threshold. I was promptly banned from their website. Another site I wrote for was called triond.com. They basically scammed me too. I was paid a whopping 72 cents for articles that supposedly got tens of thousands of views. Then, if that weren't enough the articles were posted on links that contained scam telephone number pop-ups. I am fairly skilled as a writer, and I have a solid background in some of the physical sciences. I also have a college degree in sociology. What types of employment online tend to actually be lucrative? I'm planning on writing ebooks, but I don't know if that is something that can really be profitable. If it can be, what would be the best way to go about it? Also, I tried other writing sites to apply to in addition to textbroker. However, this was to no avail. They all seemed to deny my application despite my having a college degree in sociology and experience writing for textbroker. Examples of these sites include constantcontent.com, blogmutt.com, and a few other credible ones.

2. KB24

KB24 Active Member

Since you are a good writer did you ever consider looking into affiliate marketing? You are basically promoting products for a commission. Most affiliate programs are free to sign up. If you are going to look into this I would find myself a site that will teach you the basics. it will cut down on the learning curve. If you have any questions just P.M me..

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I think KB24 gave you great advice. Since you can write, you can create your own blogs and sites. There are many different ways to monetize them. You'll need to learn a bit about things like Internet Marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and SMM (Social Media Marketing).

Unfortunately, the writing sites and content mills got hit hard by the Google Panda and Penguin updates. A number of these sites have closed and that's made it a bit tougher on writers.

Dean Fraser and John_Moore like this.
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You don't want to work with programs that bank you a one time commission.

You want to work with programs that can make you:

1. Residual income

2. Income from upsells.

3. Earn an income from members on your team.

When you combine all 3, you just need to learn how to master internet traffic that works for YOU, and you are all set.

5. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Agreeing on this one, but you really have to brace yourself for hours of learning and working in order to start earning. Not really as easy as it sounds.

John_Moore and payment proof like this.
  6. payment proof

7. John_Moore

John_Moore Member

That's true if your trying to sell something. I rather not sell anything but information. Easier to convert

8. Newoak

Newoak New Member

9. johnmethew

johnmethew New Member

I work online but earn less than 500 a month but Thanks of God in every situation..

10. Dean Fraser

Dean Fraser New Member

Working online from home was something I wanted to do for a long time. I believe that working for a regular job and busting you gluteus assimus putting in the extra hours every week all for the sake of a 1% pay rise at the end of the year is ridiculous.

My time is worth more and I believe that yours should be too. Selling ebooks won't bring you home the bacon you need to buy a house or support your love ones.

There are a lot of scams out their on the internet and we have all been got at least once. But when you know what to look for then you will find the right thing.

The best way to make money online is to make and sell your own products or services but... If you don't have any or it seems too daunting then like the above post, becoming an affiliate and selling someone else product to begin with is probably the best option to get you started.

To find the right product to sell you want to look for something that gives you a high % on commission and something that you yourself would use and endorse. Something that falls in line with your own values.

One other point which I think is important when getting started online is not to look for opportunities but to look for something you can invest yourself into.

There really is no get rich quick programmes on the net.

If you want to learn how to build an online business and all the ways to do it plus earn while you learn by becoming an affiliate and start working and building what you want now, then this might be something you are interested if you have a few minutes:

[Admin - Link removed]

Yes, in full discloser it is something I affiliate but here is what I do and it might or might not be a fit for you. But this is something that aligns with my values and something that I have learnt a lot from and slowly building up my own business with.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  11. Rondell Savage

Rondell Savage New Member

Well, working from home has also been an easy and comfortable thing for me since you do not have a boss to be led by the nose. Furthermore, in most of the online jobs, you have the flexibility to carry out the work at your disposal which gives me great delight and fun. By the way, I am a so-so experienced SEO analyst and often undertake SEO analysis projects on a freelance basis at my home. I am relatively at ease to carry out such projects since not only they give me big bucks every month but more importantly the level of satisfaction I get is beyond compare. So, by long odds, working from home has always been an unforgettable experience. :)

12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Great advice here... and something to remember when writing blog posts and articles, especially this time of the year is to use BUYER keywords.

Keywords such as 'how to' ... 'where can I get'... 'best place to buy'... etc. will get traffic from people that have done their research and are ready to buy.

Happy writing!

payment proof likes this.
  13. payment proof

Agreed. The Holidays are a great time to get traffic. :)

14. Slimsworld

Slimsworld New Member

My husband and I just had this conversation the other day. I started my own online writing company a few months ago, and the one thing that I noticed was that many people WANTED to make more money but wasn't willing to work for it. It's a great thing to be able to work online, and in the comfort of your own home but at the same time if you lack that motivation, then there aren't going to be many options for you.

Working online, no matter the type of work can still be considered a business. Working online is like running a business. You are your own boss. You have to push yourself to make that money. And please understand that at the end of the day, if you don't act like your own boss, you won't make anything but $100 a week.

I started working for Textbroker 4 years ago, and it was a good run. I made a nice income with them. But at the end of the day I was like you. I wanted to earn more, but I had to understand that once I stepped outside the writing niche, I was in for some serious work. If you have trouble motivating yourself to write for a company, then more than likely marketing online isn't going to work for you.

There are three ways to earn online.

• Write
    • Sell your own Product
    • Sell other people's products
    If you can't market anything, then you might want to stick with writing. And don't let people tell you that you can't sell an E-book and buy a house because that is far from the truth. You can make serious money online selling content. We have to look around us and understand that the internet is nothing more than CONTENT. If you have something that people want then it will eventually sell itself. But the key is having something that people want, and aren't already getting. Supply and demand is very real in online marketing. And building off of that can make you extremely rich.

Another thing that I would like to explain is that online marketing doesn't have to be difficult. It just has to be understood. Couple that with the proper tools, and you can build an empire. Every successful marketer isn't doing it alone. They have tools that make their life easier. When you build a house, you use the proper tools. So when you decide to get into marketing, you have to have access to the proper tools.

You can do whatever you put your mind to. But you have to put your mind to it! You have to be ready to spend HOURS, LATE NIGHTS and HOLIDAYS working on your empire. But you will first spend HOURS, LATE NIGHTS and HOLIDAYS trying to figure out what that empire will be.

$100 a week is easy to come by, $1000 a week is not. We sometimes want more, but aren't willing to put in more effort.
    I realized the hard way. But once I earned my first $2000 check, I refused to look back at the mere $150 a week I was making writing for someone else.

Partner with smart people, who are actually willing to help you earn some money online. Partner with people who want you have, and who have your best interest at heart. There is a boat load of information out there but it can be overwhelming when you have no idea where to start. But it gets easier.

payment proof likes this.
  15. Lina_Wes

Lina_Wes New Member

Several months ago I have decided to quit my office job. And I was looking for an opportunity to work online :) but I am a simple accountant. How can I earn my living within the house? After visiting several forums I came across the option of just watching some videos and ads being paid for it. You can check out noonint, for example. I find it the most convenient of all.
    Good luck to everyone intrigued by this self-employment perspective! ;)