How do you relax?

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by payment proof, Jun 2, 2012.

1. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Working at home can be stressful.

How do you relax?

For me, I find exercising to be the best way to get stress out. Doing something physical always leaves me so relaxed. I also enjoy spending free time with family and friends.

So how about you?

How do you relax?

John Blue likes this.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Either through a walk in the park or a ride on my motorcycle.

3. cara

cara New Member

I go for a walk , as fresh air reduces my stress , or listen to some soothing instrumental tracks. These two are my favorite way of relaxing.

payment proof likes this.
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Listen to music, do some weight lifting, watch some of my favorite TV shows.

5. loner44

loner44 New Member

Hitting the gym or at least going for a walk/run, drinking a lot of water, maintaining a healthy diet, meditating, etc.

6. Marktech

Marktech Member

I like to take a vigorous 30minute to 1 hour walk and then spend about 30 minutes in my infrared sauna. I am sooooo relaxed after that.

7. Azmos

Azmos New Member

If I want to relax I'll lie down or I'll take a nap. In my nap, I don't think, I don't play with my kids, I don't do my work, I don't eat and drink, I don't play golf and etc..I'm in my own world of peace.:)

8. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Depends on my mood at the time. I may sit at the piano for an hour or so and play some jazz tunes,
    or I'll jump on my bicycle and go for a 24-mile ride. Those rides are invigorating and help me to think.

Hermas

9. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

"Watching the rocks watch me" (a quote from an old friend)
    Taking a hike in the Red Rocks of Sedona keeps me focused.
    Then again, the Red Rocks are the focus of my work.
    Some might say my job is relaxing and goofing off.
    Do what you love and work can be relaxing.
    Focusing on money creates more stress.
    Stress leads to frustration and failure.
    Just stay relaxed all the time.
    Stop and smell the roses.
    Nature is inspiring.

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Don't laugh! Solitaire ;) Something about playing solitaire relaxes me. However, it can be addicting and then it becomes a time waster. I have to keep it in balance. :rolleyes:

11. Azmos

Azmos New Member

Maybe we can play chess vs computer.

12. 1107common

1107common New Member

I think following activities are needed to relax mind and body:
    • passive attitude
    • quiet environment
    • keep yourself safe
    • Make yourself comfortable
    • Start with short relaxation sessions
    • Practice often
    • Set aside time to relax each day
    • Keep experimenting!
    Are they true?

13. Azmos

Azmos New Member

I'm not sure whether the followings are true. Have you tried any one of them?

14. Joey Xoto

Joey Xoto New Member

Just joined the forum! Nice to meet you lovely people; saw this thread and felt like commenting because I just finished my morning ritual for relaxation.

I pretty much have a routine I follow in the mornings that really get me ready for my activities for the day.

1. Wake up @ 7:00 and have a nice shower
    2. Go for a walk outside - the coldness wakes me up and makes me feel fresh - great to clear my mind
    3. Spend 15 minutes in silent meditation.

Meditation is the key game here. It helps to clear my mind, channel creativity, come up with ideas, decrease stress and improve my health. :)

Hope that helps.

If you're not feeling like going for meditation, just head out for a jog in the mornings; it does so much goodness for you.

Cheers

15. Jenny Writes

Jenny Writes New Member

I watch movies or just sleep. That is relaxation for me.

-Jennifer

16. Inn Dev

Inn Dev New Member

i close my eyes, sit quietly on chair and think of my love and in a short time i feel relaxed and happy :)

17. Fishing and eating good food helps me relax... :) Especially good food... lol..:)

18. Jacq1292

Jacq1292 Member

I find that crocheting is very relaxing, especially if I am working on something that is simple. I just enjoy a mental quiet while I'm working on it and the repetitiveness of the pattern is somehow calming. Plus, I get a nice project finished :)

19. Cristi Doncea

Cristi Doncea New Member

playing with my dog near the river when it is summer, when it is winter we are going for a walk in the park.

20. Kyle Morris

Kyle Morris New Member

How do I relax, I go out and breath a fresh air. Sometimes I go play with children, though I am not a kid anymore I still have fun with them. Sometimes, I just take a rest and sleep.