How is success measured?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by successful2008, Jun 23, 2008.

1. successful2008 New Member

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life...as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.

Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it.

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  2. cupbucket New Member

Well, success is defined by the individual. If for example you achieve something which you found very difficult, you would consider it a success. However that doesn't mean some other will also think you are a success because of the accomplishment.

If you are happy with the life you live, this is success.
  3. successful2008 New Member

It's always about the person. Success comes in so many different forms.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  4. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

5. A8ch Gold Member

successful2008: Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life...as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.
    People often refer to success as a journey and not a destination. (It's partly both in my opinion). But, there's no doubt that the obstacles you have to overcome to reach your goals, shapes your character. It also leaves you with an inventory of invaluable experience and wisdom which you can draw on to keep advancing along the success path.

Hermas
  6. elysyan New Member

Success is a result. It is the final response from whatever we do. If you walk in the middle of a street witout looking and you get hit by a car then you have successfully killed yourself. Some call this success an accident or a bad day. But if you put an ad on your website and 1000 people bought your product or service, some would call this luck or a great day.

The bottom line is that everything that we do ends up as a success. It is just an opinion as to how you want to look at whatever you are doing.
  7. cherie27 New Member

For me, my success is measured by my results.
    Once i achieve something, whether is it small or big, i will classify as success. I am a step toward my goal.
  8. Loomis New Member

Success in my eyes, is simply how happy I am [IMG]
  9. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I believe personal success is measured by the amount of happiness in one's life.

I was told by a success coach friend that some very poor countries were among the happiest.

So, this says gadgets and things are not what truly makes people happy.
    Spirituality, family, free time and such are assets.

P.S. A housekeeper makes me so happy!
    Victoria
  10. stardreamer New Member

I totally agree that success is individual. What one person considers successful may be a meaningless life to another. It's a very individual decision based on ones values.

Climbing the corporate ladder, financial wealth, and public recognition are sought by many in this culture. But, that's not how I define success.

I do think that one of the important things and individual can do is to define what success means to oneself. Then live by it.