How is the affiliate market with the current global crisis??

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by glauber santos, Nov 28, 2008.

1. glauber santos

glauber santos New Member

Hi...I've been checking the forum out for a while but had never registered for it...I've been reading about profit lance, and checking here what its users think about it...I've seen good examples that support the profit lance program, or that support what profit lances teaches...

But, before buying the program, which I wanna use it as my source of knowledge; I would like to know what changes are being felt with the current global crisis...

is it significant in a way that I should not buy profit lance and learn its material??

I know this next question may sound vague, but is it more likely or unlikely to be able to build a website that can profit two hundred dollars($200) a month??

I look forward to hearing from you.Thanks, Glauber.
  2. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

I've noticed a drop in sales ever since the economy took a down turn, but others have seen a huge increase in sales, so it could not even be caused by the economy, who knows.

If you want to make $200/month that is very likely, and we are willing to help you out.
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

glauber santos: I know this next question may sound vague, but is it more likely or unlikely to be able to build a website that can profit two hundred dollars($200) a month??

Absolutely.[​IMG]

I use Squidoo to do affiliate marketing and it is absolutely possible to make that much - especially as you spread out your options.

With time you can build a lot of little fingers that are reaching across the internet and although not each one may bring in several hundred a month - the combined amount can be much more than $200.

And the beauty of it all is that you can do it for free.[​IMG]
  4. glauber santos

Hi...thanks for answering, and for your support...I'm going to an ATM today to make a deposit so I can buy PL...I'm happy to know that it's very likely to make $200 a month...

Considering the fact that it is possible to have a website or several streams that give you in the end of the month a total of 200 dollars, the next question that comes to my mind is: how long could it take to set up this system so it can profit the $200??

The goal of this question is to know how long could it take to set up several systems in a way that each profits $200 a month...

For example, if I wanna make $400 a month, I would like to know how long it would take to have two systems profiting $200 each so I could kind of predict how long I would take to start profiting $400 a month..

Since I know that the factors for that to happen vary, I'm not looking for a specific time, but rather for a time frame...any estimate based on your experience would be more than welcome.

Thanks, Glauber.
  5. makemoneyonline

I PM'd you
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I actually don't use PL so I will let those guys help you with that - I use the One Week Marketing Plan ... [​IMG]
  7. glauber santos

Hi Holly...I didn't receive your pm...I sent you a pm saying that anyway...

well Viola, you could give any opinion on the subject if you feel like it, since we are talking more about affiliate marketing than about Profit Lance itself...
  8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am so addicted to affiliate marketing that when I find a cool website, I always check to see if they have an affiliate program attached to it - lol![​IMG]
  9. makemoneyonline

glauber santos: Hi Holly...I didn't receive your pm...I sent you a pm saying that anyway...
    strange, it says that it was sent. oh well, all I really said was that it is very possible to make $200/month with affiliate marketing. That is only about 5 or 6 sales per month which can easily be done.
  10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Glauber,

Thought I'd jump in and add to the conversation. I agree with the others in that it is definitely still feasible to make more than $200 per month with affiliate marketing, even in this financial climate.

My income has gone up over the last couple of months, rather than down. I thank the Lord for that. [​IMG]

As for timing, you're right. It varies greatly. It depends on your niche, your marketing methods, the competition, how much you make per sale, lead, click, etc. and more.

Another variable is the amount of time you have to put into it.

It took me 6 months to start making steady money. I used that time to build my first website foundation and start generating traffic. It's been 2 years now and that particular site gets over 1000 visitors per day and makes me around $600 per month.

I have my other sites that I have started since, and they each bring in some additional income but haven't caught up to the first one yet. Because they are more profitable niches, they will eventually surpass the first site in profits.

Some people start making money quicker, but the majority of people do take at least a few months to learn the ropes and lay their foundation.

It's not really a race. [​IMG] If it were, just remember the story of the tortoise and the hare.

It's worth the effort, which I think is your main question. I'm speaking of affiliate marketing, not Profit Lance (I don't have PL).

All the best,
    Angie
  11. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Glauber,

Mountain and HappyWife provided some great commentary.

To that I would like to add that having your own site is somewhat recession proof in that you can't get fired or laid off.

You might take that a step further and specialize in an area where folks will continue spending money regardless of how well the economy performs.

From what I've seen, online spending is increasing while brick and mortar spending is decreasing. So, if anything, you are better off investing your time in learning how to do business online.

As HappyWife mentioned, learn the fundamentals well as a first step and shoot for longevity rather than the quick cash. All good things take time.

~Newbie Shield~
  12. glauber santos

Hi guys, thanks for advising and sharing your opinion.
    I got started yesterday with profit lance.There is a lot of information to absorb, but it seems totally doable if you have patience and give time to it.

To build a strong foundation seems to be the way to go, and I'll follow your advices. I'll do some research to figure out what kind of sales have increased since the crisis.

I'm an international student in San Diego(I'm brazilian), and my only option to work right now is through internship which usually are not paid, and my class schedule for the following semesters will be pretty busy.So, I will have some short breaks which won't allow me to take an internship anyway because of the time flexibility, but I'll be able to work on the internet between breaks; and that's what has motivated me, besides its potentials.

I won't graduate until december of next year, so I don't want to stay a whole year without making any progress work wise. Thanks again for your support.