how long it take to build a website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by bigsean, May 28, 2011.

1. bigsean

bigsean New Member

i have a dropship site,and a domain,but the computer place decided to build website from scratch,leaving me to still pay dropship fees, and give me a domain when i already had one?why couldnt they just tell me they could do it all so i wouldnt have gone through all this? has me thinking if i can still afford all this while my site still not done? being that they know whats happening,are they just trying to gouge my money on purpose? someone,please help me to understand this process?[​IMG]
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Live and learn! I am not sure how that all works with the dropshipper websites, but the main point is for you to be able to get traffic to your site. Even the most beautiful website will make you no money unless there is traffic pouring in the doors.[​IMG]
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Sounds like you're either being taken advantage of or you are just not getting clear communication from the company that is setting you up on what THEY do and what YOU are expected to do.

It's really difficult for anyone here to give you much solid advice when we have no idea who you are working with or what your agreement is with them.

What kind of money are you being charged up front for them to set you up? Have they made it clear what they will be providing for you?

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

It is very important to know how to build a website but making the most beautiful website on the web with all the best graphics will not get you anywhere.

You need to make sure that you consistently and daily bring in new and fresh traffic to your site. This has to be a daily thing.

You should know how to build a site but targeted traffic is where it's all at.
  5. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

Is your dropshipping company the same place as your "computer place"? If they know what they're doing they should be able to take your existing domain and have it direct to your dropshipping site. You shouldn't have to buy a separate domain name.
  6. webgenie

webgenie New Member

I was able to get my website up and running in less than a week and had never done it before. There are all kinds of templates out there to build it pretty nice looking ones. Then you have to get it online which is another challenge. I like that I learned how to do it myself, because if I ever have a problem I know how to fix it or know where to find the resources to fix it.
  7. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

With Wordpress you literally do it in minutes.

1. buy domain
    2. host it
    3. wordpress install
    4. install your theme
    5. add content

easy as that.