How many articles do I need out there to make a sale a day?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TshirtFrank, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Hi All,

I know that there is no set number of articles that you can submit that will guarantee to have your clickbank account receiving commissions everyday, but what would you say is average?

Thanks!
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

The only way to determine that is through testing
    and the results would be different for everyone.

Hermas
  3. WealthyWAHM

WealthyWAHM Member

A8ch: The only way to determine that is through testing
    and the results would be different for everyone.

Hermas
    Everyone and every niche. [​IMG]
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi TSF,

I agree with Hermas and WealthyWAHM. It isn't even possible to give you a vague idea.

~Newbie Shield~
  5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

There are a lot of factors you need to consider - you may write 100 articles, for instance, but link to a poorly designed landing page. Like the others said, you need to test - the big thing is to start writing and get those articles out there.
  6. thebart

thebart New Member

I agree that there is no way to give a finite value for number of articles needed. I would also support not just looking for sales through articles, I would look for blogging and other oppertunites to get your links out there to improve your chances.
  7. CopynProfit

CopynProfit New Member

For article marketing you need to do proper keyword research.

Try and use questions for your keywords.

Example: your not going to get any traffic if you use keywords like:
    bodybuilding, weight lifting, workouts,

But you may have a chance with something like this: whats the best way to build mucsle fast.

You will also need to check out the SEO compertition.
    Get a list of long tale key words and do a search on each for
    broad phrase and exact match.

I wouldn't bother using any keywords that have more than 350,000 competing page's.
  8. sjames23

sjames23 New Member

Depends on what you are promoting. I try to get out at least 1 article a day. This way I can have 30 articles a month all driving traffic to my website.
  9. samda

samda Member

There is no specific numbers. It all depends on the topic and the article. Write down compelling articles and test it as Hermas said....
  10. gowriter

gowriter Member

I recommend you write your articles in squidoo and post squidoo's RSS feed into your blog. Then post your blog's RSS feed into squidoo.

Ping your blog with pingoat, feedshark, iping. Submit your squidoo lenses to different lensroll or squid directories.

Make sure your tags are different for your blog and squidoo articles.

Social bookmark your sites with DIGG, Redditt, Stumbleupon, propeller, mixx, and a whole slew of others.
  11. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

sjames23: Depends on what you are promoting. I try to get out at least 1 article a day. This way I can have 30 articles a month all driving traffic to my website.
    man you got it. you must be a full time IM er.
    I would like to have time to do this too.
    One of the things stopping me is that if i write an article, im not just
    gonna submit it to just one measley article site.
    Im talking about spinning my articles and blasting it.

[​IMG]
  12. garygoh

garygoh New Member

I would normally target to write at least 20 articles for a niche in order to test out whether the niche is worth pursuing or not.

I normally submit the original article to EZA. As soon as the article is approved, I will then submit it to other article directories.

I fully agree with others that it all depends on the niche. Nobody can tell you exactly how many articles to write in order to get sale.
  13. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I was wondering at some metrics here, while I know traffic may vary and such based on landing pages and good articles.

I know we can't necessarily say that you can make 1 sale for each article every x days but couldn't we share a "ratio" given a few things.

For me I personally know that I'm converting at about a ratio of 200-300 visits ??“ 20 hops ??“ 1 sale. This has been pretty consistent over time almost regardless of my site layout. Would this be considered a "decent ratio" anyone else care to share? Perhaps we can come to an acceptable realistic ratio that others can look to and try to attain.

I mean if I'm new to this entire "bum" thing and I'm getting 5000 visits ??“ 50 hops ??“ 1 sale...how do I know if that's not good?

At the very least I think we could all put our heads together to come up with a "measuring stick of sorts".

So I'm tossing out the ratio of: Article Visits - Site Visits from Article - Hops from Your Site - Sales
    1000:200:20:1 ??“ I would say this is a decent conversion ratio, maybe a baseline?

Any thoughts?
  14. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

No, there are far too many variables to nail it down. On top of that, it would be quite different for each individual. You can't make any sort of scientific measuring stick except the end result - conversions.

A half a percent in regards to conversions is the minimum. 2-3% is solid.

It isn't uncommon to get into the double digits - at least from time to time - if you are good at what you do. It takes a lot of experience, education, a hot niche, and a lot of well-developed skills, but it can be done.

~Newbie Shield~
  15. moneymagnet23

moneymagnet23 New Member

test test and test..

Your content can make a difference
    Your landing page might not be appealing.
    Maybe your submitting at wrong times
    or using wrong key words..

Mix it up a bit and test.
  16. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Internet marketing is a numbers game to a certain degree.

Therefore it makes sense that the more articles you have online the better chance you have to get traffic and make sales from them. In reality you can never stop marketing your business because somebody else is and will pass you up.

Therefore view your article marketing on a long-term basis and constantly write and submit and play the numbers from there.
  17. Maverique

Maverique Guest

Hello!

There are real good and valid answers to your question. If I may, I will add my 2pennies.

One article a day, can go a nice way. You need to learn how to write articles (some sites are giving the training free once you register with them, also free).

Then you need to read many articles on the same topic, subject, product or service as yours, check how much viewers/readers those articles have gotten. The bigger the amount, the more you want to pay attention to them: Not only the way they are worded but, their content, and the tone the author is using.

Just take notes on similarities and as already been told you here, the testing will tell you.

One vital ingredient: You knowing about keywords, what they are, how to use them, how to check for them.

Writing articles is part of learning how to earn money on the internet and learning how to make it work now and again.

Best,
    Maverique
  18. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

its not about the number of your article submit in a day but the content and the keyword of your article.... [​IMG]
  19. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

[​IMG]Hi,

Sometimes, it is hard to get apporval from enzinearticles.com[​IMG]

They are requiring 100% structive articles.

Your article won't be published unless you meet all of requirements.

That mean, quality of article will be paid out rather than number of

articles[​IMG]

EX) A. 1 article 1 hour - qualited, good keywording, niche

B. 5 articles 1 hour - rough writing, ok keywording, and same
    product

What is your expectation of better income?

I would say option A is more effective way to get sales.[​IMG]

Thank you

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  20. Jon Squirrel

Jon Squirrel New Member

Yes - the numbers game may work once in a while but why waste time spouting the same stuff over and over in the hope that some random guy will find your article through the forest of very similar articles and decide to click on your link and then decide to buy your product?

It is worth using the same amount of time to carefully construct an article with specific keywords targeted at your customer - and when I say customer I don't mean some guy that's casually browsing... I mean customer - someone who is looking to buy a product that you are looking to sell. This makes it a lot easier.

Remember, we're the guys that link the customer to their desired niche.

Once you're doing this, a few articles in various directories may be all you need to get that regular daily income for a period of time...