How many articles do I need out there to make a sale a day?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TshirtFrank, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Maverique

Maverique Guest

You are totally right Jon. I just started writing articles and I check those in the category I choose to post mines. Good writing, sound advices - but the same more or less. Result: Little number of viewers.

Others writing about the same content have a way of writing. Not that they are technical - It's more, they "sound" professional but the genuine intention of giving out advices kind of transpires. Those get clicks. Lots. And, yes, in the middle of all this, they are using the keywords that is attracting attention. From their title to the summary lines and throughout the body text.

Well. That takes some practice and work. We do have to research those keywords. But even with the right keywords, if the content does not attract the interest of viewers, the conversion rate (viewers purchasing from clicking on your URL link within the article) will be ziltch to little.

I do believe that with practice, we would be able to spurt out at least one article a day. I see some authors with 5-6 articles on the first page of ezine articles dot com. Wow! Not every day but when these guys put out something, they take the full front page!

What happens is that as ezine adds up a new article, all the others are pushed down. That's smart when you think of it: You have six articles there. Right. One by one, they are being pushed down and out of sight in the same day. Well, with that many articles, you can last until the next day and be have more exposure!

You know what? I'm not ready to concoct so many articles but it is a darn good incentive...

Roger. To you.

Maverique
  2. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

The answer is - A LOT!

Much of your article traffic will come from other marketers looking
    for ideas to swipe for their own articles, or to plagiarize your
    stuff entirely - so traffic stats to your site will usually show a
    lot of activity from other marketers.

If your niche is off the beaten-path this won't be as much
    of an issue.

I couldn't say for sure without looking but I bet your
    landing page sucks. Here's how to un-suck it - make it
    so the visitor has two choices: move towards buying your
    product or leave the way they came in.

No adsense.
  3. gowriter

gowriter Member

I've heard people say they started seeing traffic at about 25 articles, but they didn't mention anything about sales.

You do want to test and tweak your copy on your website. If you're sending traffic to your affiliate link, and people are not buying it, then you might want to pick another product to promote.
  4. jayorban

jayorban New Member

I agree with the previous posts. You have to have the right product, article has to be getting a decent amount of views which means first page on google for your chosen keywords. The internet can be weird sometimes one day you might have 10 sales and the next you might have zero. Just keep writing and find out what works for you! You'll eventually find your niche and make your sales. Good luck!
  5. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

There is no distinct number of articles to go for you to earn. Even one article can earn more. It all depends on your target keywords and the amount of traffic that is searching for it.
  6. Andy3568

Andy3568 New Member

The more the better. I am just getting started and have not made any sales yet, but I am trying to methodically produce good articles at a steady pace. Eventually it will pay off... At least that's what I'm banking on. [​IMG]
  7. hello28

hello28 New Member

I guess the conclusion is write good or decent articles with a reasonable amount of good keywords. Then, tweak your landing page. After a while check it if it's working. If not, move on, find another good product to promote.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
  8. bzimm

bzimm New Member

If you target your keywords properly and spend some time getting quality backlinks to the article, you could very easily get multiple sales from just one article.
  9. bertuseng

bertuseng New Member

Try your best at article writing and keep on being consistent with it. Set goals. Try and do at least one a day. That should help for consistent long term traffic.
  10. Does anyone can put a list of sites where articles can be published?
    Like: Ezine, ArticleBase....
  11. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

12. plrwithalex

plrwithalex New Member

That's a great list. Thanks for sharing. I've been hitting the top 4 with good results. EzineArticles, GoArticles, ArticleCity and Article Dashboard. Without an automated submitter it's pretty time intensive to hit all of these but looking for the high PRs is pretty good.
  13. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

Quality articles are coposed of good composition and the perfect keywords therein. There is definitely no exact number of articles that enables you to determine which ones give sales. even if you have only a few number of articles, you can still have good amount of sales.

@Offer Tsuriel
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-10-Article-Directories
  14. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Here is my 2 cents. Hope it makes sense I am still a newborn here. If you have a really good article that does well instead of writing more articles, work with that one. Create backlinks to it. I have one particular product that does well. I have one article that seems to get the most views out of about 10. I post a link to that article on blogs, yahoo answers on my blog and lens and now it stays on the first page of google usually in the first spot for a very competetive key word. Some say put your article out there and forget it, I nurse this one.
  15. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

The short answer...as many as you can (haha). The goal is to get yourself out there as much as you can.
  16. nathanwe

nathanwe New Member

Hi there All,

When your concerned about how many articles you need to get out there to start recieving a sale a day, i have found that you really have to use your dilligence.

Like wise i def agree with what the others said as far as testing its a huge part of your success but some of the ugliest website will make millions of dollars, "why" because the know how to market there site.

But in my opinion before you will start to see any significant result you should realisticly have 300-400 articles out there, 100-200 videos out there and so on. Now just having the information out there is not exactly enough. When you are publishing the information, you need to ensure you are using high traffic keywords with low competition and a high kei (keyword effectiveness index).

I know 300-400 articles sounds like alot but think about it, some of the most successful people online have 15,000 - 20,000 articles out there.

something else you may consider is finding a freelancer like the elance.com website, or find a company who can teach you all this information.

Any other questions just ask.

Nathan
  17. nathanwe

nathanwe New Member

nice answer joel, very true.

Nathan
  18. John Park

John Park New Member

Linking your articles in a proper way will also generate more traffic. Create chains of 5 - 6 articles. Be careful about spinning articles. They don't always come out good. Proofread them before you submit. also find a duplicate checker to make sure they don't go over I like to keep it at 65%.
  19. anthony2313

anthony2313 New Member

If i was you i would submit at least 1 or 2 day

but i would have to agree the other post..

you will need to test and track it.
  20. Christian

Christian New Member

The more articles you have published on the web, the better chances of generating sales. But, like the others have said, if nobody is searching for your keywords, than chances are they aren't reading your articles either.