How most started

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by lukester19, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

I got started totally by accident while I was still had a job I enjoyed that paid well, 20 years ago.
    It started with being cheap and re-filling my own bubble jet cartridges, then for schools at a good profit.
    At that time I was in charge of network computer systems and using "bulletin board" websites pre HTML.
    Naturally I created my first HTML website selling ink and re-fill kits as an affiliate for the manufacturer.
    Soon after I started marketing books on tape of the masters like "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.
    That led to business owner friends asking me to create websites for them, which led to selling hosting also.
    Little by little it grew over the years and my oldest son started helping then took over most of the business.
    Now I do as little as possible whenever and for whomever I choose to help, and as economically as possible.
    I am one of the lucky ones that didn't start out of desperation and get paid for doing what I enjoy doing.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Interesting story Jimmy! Mine was basically a strong desire to start something of my own as I hated even the thought of working for somebody else. We had late exposure to Internet here and I still remember browsing online (without images) on a 56kbps modem. Once I finished my education, I did a course on Web Designing and then designed websites for some clients. However, it was then that I started receiving emails (spam :) ) about making money online. That really sparked my curiosity and after a couple of immature launches, my first real website was born - http://www.home-based-business-opportunities.com/ After that got hit by Google, this forum was born. Now, when this forum too got hit, wahnewz.com is going to be launched (pretty soon). It'll be an email newsletter dedicated to work at home entrepreneurs. Thanks to Hermas for all the motivation. I was almost on the verge of quitting that a conversation with Hermas, infused in me a desire to start a list/newsletter.