How much money can you realistically make from taking surveys?

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by 040107, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Quoting: bigglesHappygal has proved it's possible to make money but yes, I think you need to be US or possibly UK based ideally.

It is easier to make money by taking survey if you live in the US, but there are many other countries which you can live in that you can also make money by taking Paid Surveys.

There are many survey sites that are also specifically targeted and made for countries other than the US.

2. workaholic

workaholic New Member

You can't make thousands, but you can make a couple of hundreds of dollars. Referrals make some difference. Try cashcrate, pinecone research. Good luck.

3. workaholic: Try cashcrate,
    Cash Crate is not a survey site. If you are looking for surveys don't try cash crate.

workaholic: pinecone research.
    They don't have a sign up link on their site, but you can find one in this forum here PineCone Research is now accepting new members
    it is one of the best survey sites out there.

4. karls1973

karls1973 Member

How much money can you realistically make from taking surveys? [​IMG]

I have done this for the past year and a half, and I must honestly say there is not much money to be made doing this.

By the time you make a few bucks, you've already wasted so much time qualifying, Even then you get rejected because either the quota is filled or you are not the candidate they are looking for.

Many of the surveys are time consuming. How about those videos they ask you to watch?
    And then you have to comment in your own words. This sure takes time, doesn't it?
    And then they pay you $2.00, maybe $3.00 if you are lucky, but the survey took 30 minutes to complete.

I found better business opportunities, there is so much great advice from members in this forum.

Do your research, I did![​IMG]

Good luck!

5. sandycy22

sandycy22 New Member

The greatest benefit that I did from doing surveys was opportunities to test products and get coupouns to save $ on things. Otherwise, I didn't really fit the demographics that most paid surveys were looking for, even after I had a child. It is very time consuming to fill out all the initial information surveys to qualify for paid ones. I'd recommend getting a new email address just for surveys because it does generate lots of junk mail.

6. fundingtlk

fundingtlk New Member

My experience with surveys is that while I've enjoyed doing some of them, I've made a total of maybe $3 over the last year+, received a ton of spam, and been "entered" into countless "sweepstakes" that I've never won. Like with most other things online, very very few of them actually pay, and many of them are deceptive at a minimum, or outright scams. Beware, research, read ALL the fine print. There are exceptions and I don't discount (at least not w/o proof) the people HERE who say they've made money - I've found most people here to be honest and helpful.

But for the amount of time required to make anything substantial, there are a few, rare, far better opportunities...

I'm just thankful for finally finding a legitimate and very powerful business of my own...

~~Mike~~

7. scshuman

scshuman New Member

I started out doing surveys online. I thought that would be an easy income on the side, but it didn't turn out that way.

Of course, I only signed up with the free sites[​IMG].

I did do one survey with American Consumer Opinion Panel after doing a few screener surveys to see if I qualified. I received $25 and the survey took about 30 minutes. That survey was done a few months ago and I haven't gotten anything since.

SendEarnings is really a waste of my time. You get money from reading emails, but you only get .02 for each one. And you also get money from completing offers, but you don't get that much. I've been with them for a little over a month and I only have $10.38. You get $5 for signing up.

I agree with the others when they say it's not likely you can make a decent living from doing surveys alone.

But of course, I've only joined the free sites.

8. Steve

Steve New Member

I made a couple hundred dollars with surveys before I got really busy this year. What I did was this:
    1. buy a survey list for about $35
    2. open a seperate email address for surveys
    3. sign up for a few companies a day for about two weeks
    4. delete all the emails I got that did not offer cash

I would qualify for about 40% of the surveys, but because of the volume I still made some money working one or two hours a day. I never won any of the sweepstakes.

I think if you are persistent and have a big list you can make money with surveys, but it won't be enough to live off of.

9. jrlehman

jrlehman New Member

I too have done some online surveys. I haven't made a lot of money with it, but being a stay at home mom I am able to make some money while home with them. Some of the companies pay through paypal and some give gift cards, it just depends on the company. The more surveys you participate in, the more offers you will recieve.

10. fundingtlk: My experience with surveys is that while I've enjoyed doing some of them, I've made a total of maybe $3 over the last year+, received a ton of spam,

If you only made $3 and get a lot of spam then you did not sign up to paid survey sites.

11. mommy

mommy New Member

has anyone tried pinecone research? ive gotten 13 checks some of $3.00 & 2 of $10.00. sometimes the surveys can take 30mins but i do get paid & it helps b/c i am a full time mother to my 5 month old son.

12. happygal

happygal Member

Sure have tried Pinecone. In fact they were the very first paid survey I did way back years ago. They are still good (even though payments have decreased), but I make far more money with other sites that I do with them.

13. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

Yes, I belong to pinecone also. I can't tell you right off hand how many times that they have paid me but it's been quite a few. As a matter of fact I did one for them this morning (only about 10 min.) and will be paid in a day or two. Not to mention that they are sending me a product to test also. I get many product tests from pinecone and they pay me for my opinions about it.

14. dougster77

dougster77 New Member

If you combine the earnings, samples and referral from suveys sites you can get some financial benefit. Last month I got sent samples for dog food, soups, and toilet paper. The last sample being pretty crappy.

15. Don't think that you are going to get rich by taking paid surveys, but you can make nice money from it.

16. drbillphd

drbillphd New Member

Happygal, a hobby is something someone likes to do for fun. taking surveys is not my idea of fun.

17. drbillphd: Happygal, a hobby is something someone likes to do for fun. taking surveys is not my idea of fun.
    It may not be a fun thing to do but its a good way to make extra money.

18. trailmixx

trailmixx New Member

The biggest money comes from getting referrals, so you'll probably want to place an add on your website in addition to doing the surveys.

19. BRobins

BRobins New Member

I've never known anyone to make a living through just doing surveys. My advice to beginners: Don't waste your time with paid surveys. You are much better off looking for another way to make money online.

20. lisahoney

lisahoney New Member

I started taking surveys way back when I started making real money. Several of the ones I tried were very frustrating.. and I only made pennies for what seemed like hours...

Has anyone found any really good survey programs that pay atleast $5 and up per survey?