How much Traffic do you need to be profitable?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by onedumbaussie, Jan 23, 2011.

1. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

I am sure many of us are Chasing more traffic to our various web properties. But how much traffic do you actually need to be profitable.

I guess what I am asking is what is your traffic goal?
    How many visitors per month are you trying to get?

Is 1,000 enough or do you need 10,000 or even 100,000 Unique visitors per month?

I have set my goals at 5,000 a Month within 6 months (June 2011) and 10,000 within 12 months. To each of 3 sites.

Share your Traffic goals.

2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

The first things to consider is what are you marketing. And then how you are marketing, how targeted the audience is you are marketing too.

For me I'm more interested in those that take a sincere interest and opt-in for more info. I know that statistically if I'm getting interested opt-ins of a certain number that I will likely have "x"number of people join our opportunity each month.

I've been able to determine this pattern in the 5 years I've marketed online. So I would say, look at what results occur after you have a certain number of interested prospects register for more info, assuming that you are wisely using an autoresponder in your online marketing.

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

onedumbaussie: I am sure many of us are Chasing more traffic to our various web properties. But how much traffic do you actually need to be profitable.
    A lot depends on the specific niche and the "value" of a visitor to that site. I have a few different sites and they are at different traffic levels.

Here's an interesting observation. One site gets approx. 2000 visits per day and makes about $30-$40 per day. Another site gets approx. 500 visits per day and makes about $60-$100 per day.

So, you can make more money with less traffic depending on the niche.

As for my traffic goals? I'd love to at least double my traffic to each of my sites this year. If I double my traffic, I will double my income. It's pretty much as simple as that.

So, I'll keep adding more content and developing more backlinks to the site. The traffic will come as a result.

All the best for the coming year and to reaching your goals.

Blessings,
    Angie

4. I have many websites in different niches.

One site gets over 2000 page views per day and makes me a lot of money - all CPA offers.

Another gets 400 page views a day and makes quite a bit, whilst another in a different niche gets the same amount of traffic and makes next to nothing (not a buying niche).

Then I have another that gets only 20 - 40 page views but consistently makes money.

It really depends on you niches and keywords to how much traffic you need to make the money you want.

5. HiAchiever

HiAchiever New Member

There are various strategies for being profitable with a website.

Some people build "auto blogs" that contain posts from other sites. These sites often attract enough traffic to make a couple of dollars a days. So, the strategy here is to build hundreds of these auto blog sites. This can bring in substantial income.

Another strategy is to build one (or a few sites) intended to be authority sites that will attract thousands of visitors a day via natural search engine results. A lot of SEO work is involved in such a project and the niche is critical to making significant money.

Other people use paid advertising to get targeted traffic to their offers. Here the cost per click and the earnings per click are crucial to making money.

Obviously, the more traffic the better. But how much money and effort you are willing to expend depends on your strategy.

6. loganquinn

loganquinn New Member

Talk to any successful internet marketer - as in, someone who can PROVE they make a six figure income year after year - and the number 1 recommendation they will make every time is to seek out "starving crowds".

Why?

Because these markets require the LEAST amount of traffic to make any money.

Here are some ideas for niches:

-Gamblers in debt
    -People whose home is about to be foreclosed
    -People about to go out of business
    -Students who need money to enroll
    -People who want to get rich quick
    -Parents with children needing legal help
    -Insurance agents, doctors, therapists, who have failed or fear failing their exams
    -Women who can not get pregnant
    -Men who can't get women at all
    -People with illnesses who can't get better and running out of time
    -People who have work drug tests coming up soon
    -Headache relief
    -Back pain relief
    -Toothache relief
    -Women scared of husbands having affairs (my personal favorite)
    -Job hunting / career change / resume
    -How to sell your house
    -Debt consolidation
    -Stress management / relief
    -Online traders
    -Impotence
    -Divorce Consultation
    -Obesity
    -Criminal charges
    -Civil charges
    -Man breasts seems to be a desperate problem (hehe)
    -99 secrets you should know before marriage (boys/girls)
    -People will spend huge sums of money getting sick pets back to health
    -Anybody who needs a good lawyer (especially a divorce lawyer)
    -Creating IM products in different languages...
    -Get your ex back or Save your Relationship
    -How to cope/what to do if laid off
    -How to get a good nights sleep...
    -Salespeople that hate doing cold calls
    -Women that need to get slim quick before a holiday

-Logan

7. turnkey73

turnkey73 New Member

I don't think that this can be easily answered because it depends on your "niche" and depends on the quality of traffic you are getting. I have one website that gets about 100 visitors a day but averages a really good daily affiliate commissions while another website I run gets >100 visitors a day and can go weeks without a commission.

Quality traffic always is a smarter move than worrying about traffic in general.

8. frugalfamily

frugalfamily New Member

I only have one small blog and I average about 13000 page views a month. I'd love to double this but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

9. Shanec

Shanec New Member

I think that it can be summed up that in any web business the more the better, however depending on the niche your in you can do quite well with less traffic then if you are going into a very competitive market.

10. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

You need as much traffic as possible obviously, as most people that visit your website will only stay a few seconds, unless there's something of real interest to them.

The idea is to make your website as interactive as possible, so that people will stay longer and hopefully click a few affiliate ads or signup for your newsletter, or better still buy something you are selling.

If someone were to ask me what would be the best kind of website to setup to make the most money, i would say either a social networking website, or a video or gaming website.

People spend a lot of time on these kind of websites.

11. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

How much Traffic do you need to be profitable?

The answer has more to do with quality than quantity.

Traffic to the online marketer is like air to the human. You need air to live. If you breathe fresh, clean air, you will enjoy a better quality of life and live longer than if you breathed polluted air.

Similarly, your business needs the right traffic to prosper, and the "right traffic" is made up of prospects who are the most qualified for your offer.

So, if you are selling toys for infants, targeting your promotions to mothers might get you some traffic, but aiming at "new mothers" would get you better quality traffic and quicker profits.

Hermas

12. jazbo

jazbo New Member

One person is enough. It depends on what you are selling and how well it converts.

13. paulsan1

paulsan1 New Member

Barb Thornback
    What is a CPA offer? Thanks.

14. simpleflair

simpleflair New Member

more traffic doesn't translate to more money. I used to aim for more traffic but didn't really bring in the money. If you optimize your posts to the right audience, chances are that they'll convert.

15. joseph1

joseph1 New Member

loganquinn: Because these markets require the LEAST amount of traffic to make any money.

Here are some ideas for niches:

-Gamblers in debt
    -People whose home is about to be foreclosed
    -People about to go out of business
    -Students who need money to enroll
    -People who want to get rich quick
    -Insurance agents, doctors, therapists, who have failed or fear failing their exams
    -Women who can not get pregnant
    -Men who can't get women at all
    -People with illnesses who can't get better and running out of time
    -People who have work drug tests coming up soon
    -Headache relief
    -Back pain relief
    -Toothache relief
    -Women scared of husbands having affairs (my personal favorite)
    -Job hunting / career change / resume
    -How to sell your house
    -Debt consolidation
    -Stress management / relief
    -Online traders
    -Impotence
    -Divorce Consultation
    -Obesity
    -Criminal charges
    -Civil charges
    -Man breasts seems to be a desperate problem (hehe)
    -99 secrets you should know before marriage (boys/girls)
    -People will spend huge sums of money getting sick pets back to health
    -Anybody who needs a good lawyer (especially a divorce lawyer)
    -Creating IM products in different languages...
    -Get your ex back or Save your Relationship
    -How to cope/what to do if laid off
    -How to get a good nights sleep...
    -Salespeople that hate doing cold calls
    -Women that need to get slim quick before a holiday
    @loganquinn

Very good advice, you have the good examples of long tailed keywords, but there is more to it then just long tail.

What people have to understand is that choosing the right keywords will determine if your site is going to attract browsers or buyers.

Here are some examples of the buyer categories.

RETAIL TRIGGERS
    buy
    order
    bonus
    sale
    review

ACTIONS
    to find
    to solve
    to fix
    to cure

NEED IT BAD
    how to
    help for
    how do you
    help

BUYING PREFIX
    amazing
    easy
    proven
    effective
    simple

DEMOGRAPHICS

for beginners
    for women
    for men

Use these words in your keyword research and if you find those with the right criteria then go with it.

Joseph

16. xdarata

xdarata New Member

How much traffic are we need to make money? I once had a block with thousands of visitors. But the number of ad clicks is very small so that the revenue was very small. I have other blogs with few visitors, but the number of clicks rather good. So, we need not only visitors, but targeted visitors or traffics.

17. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

Joseph that was a great list of buying triggers and other great keywords, I am integrating that into my memory well!

18. youthfrenzy

youthfrenzy New Member

I have started my site a month ago youthfrenzy.com Im just concentrating on building a solid franchise. Do that and the money comes automatically. If you keep following after money and stuff. It will be running away from you lol.
    In the first month of my site I got 5200 unique visitors. And things are getting good as I keep on putting more quality content. Per day I get 140 visitors.
    So keep building content and once you get a solid traffic optimize your ads then.[​IMG]

19. estellaeffects

estellaeffects New Member

FreeCashMan
    yes true...

I am getting only 5 visitors per week to one of my lens... but i convert by 33%

My site got 1000 visitors one day, some days it gets 10 visitors... no sales yet [​IMG]

20. estellaeffects

estellaeffects New Member

HiAchiever
    I wouldnt advice this... lots of money down the drain..

Build a reputable business...[​IMG]