How To Build The Kind Of Links Google DROOL Over

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by loganquinn, Feb 6, 2011.

1. loganquinn New Member

Most "SEO experts" out there constantly tell me I need to be building as many links as I possibly can with my target keyword in the anchor text.

I say that's rubbish.

Why?

Because the name of the game with Search Engine Optimization is making it look as NATURAL as possible.

And the only way to do that is to copy what other NATURAL sites are doing.

Let me explain.

If you examine the backlinks to any popular Wikipedia page - which is a natural page, the kind that people link to NATURALLY - you'll see they get a huge variety of anchor text.

For example, if you analyze the links to this page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone

...you'll see that they're getting a HUGE variety of anchor text:

-mobile phone
    -cell phones
    -mobile phones
    -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/mobile_phone
    -mobile
    -mobile phone
    ??“ wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    -wikipedia: mobile phone
    -mobile phone at wikipedia
    -phones
    -mobiles
    -being tracked
    -phone
    -mobile phones.
    -cell phones
    -mobile phone information
    -mobile telephone

etc

So if you want to CRUSH your competition in the SERPs, I suggest copying a Wikipedia page relevant to your site/page.

Look at their anchor text and use similar variations, but obviously get the majority of them with your keyword in the anchor text.

It works for me.

-Logan
  2. kane1976 New Member

To get google to start drooling over your backlinks, you need to build them from .edu or .gov sites.

These are educational/authority sites and google absolutely loves them.

Just 1 or 2 backlinks from such sites really goes a long way in your seo efforts.

Do not build them too fast though or it will have a serious negative affect, and you will find yourself disapearing from googles index really quite rapidly.
  3. markdudek New Member

kane1976: To get google to start drooling over your backlinks, you need to build them from .edu or .gov sites.
    I've also heard this said. Anyone know a way of getting backlinks from those high-level sites?

Kindest,
    Mark
  4. fruges12 New Member

Dead right buddy..

So many people used to anchor link using their chosen KW..

you need to mix it up
  5. kane1976 New Member

One of the best ways to get backlinks is through article marketing.

Just write as many quality informative articles as you can, then post them to the top article directories.

Also try blog posting.