How to build traffic to website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by jeckvishva, Aug 12, 2011.

1. jeckvishva

jeckvishva New Member

I have just started a forum and I'm having trouble building traffic. I am already doing link building but it's not really helping and I'm running out of ideas of where to link build. Any thoughts would be very helpful!

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

jeckvishva
    It might help if you actually put a link in your forum signature here.
    People reading this may click on it and google for sure notices.
    Where and how you build links makes all the difference.
    Search this forum for lots of link/traffic building tips.
    And turn your signature here into a clickable link.
    (how to is covered in several posts already)

3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

The best advice I can give you is to post in other forums and have a link back to your forum. I am not sure if this is allowed here or in other forums.

Write articles and post your forum at the bottom.

Post at high traffic blogs.

Pay for ads that people can view your forum.

Your main focus is to get your link on as many places as possible and remember never to spam other forums and places like blogs. Do this consistently and you will do just fine.

4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Just have to stay steady at it and create topics of interest. May a contest to get people to comment and get activity going.

I'm sure a good forum, once established, is worth its weight in gold.

All the best.

5. kanonig

kanonig New Member

If you are looking to establish some CRAZY traffic, here's what I would recommend!

1. Facebook Groups: Join many different, similar-niche groups and post updates linking new content whenever it's created. (Only post to 3-4 groups per half hour to avoid Facebook's "bad list.")

2. Tweet: Tweet 3-4 times per day with a shortened URL to your new content. (Once ever 2 hours to not appear a spammer...)

3. Forum Marketing: Answer 2-3 questions per day on a forum that is similar to your niche. This brands YOU as a leader and with a nice signature box linking back to your site, this can generate some nice, interested traffic! (If you are into online entrepreneurship like myself, WarriorForum is a great place to answer questions and receive some nice traffic!)

4. Youtube Video: Post a short video promoting your new content to Youtube. (Seeing as Youtube is the most visited video site on the web, this can create mass traffic!)

5. Tribe Syndication: Have your content syndicated thousands of times through a tribe and your content will easily get to the front page of Google--Which is a MASS traffic generator in itself. (I personally have my content syndicated to more than 700 different sites EVERY day using Tribepro. And it's only 10 bucks!)

6. Article Marketing Robot: This tool will submit your new content to more than 300 different article directories! (This will boost your traffic ridiculously..)

7. Facebook PPC: Although this can be costly, it can enable some INSANE traffic and good, quality leads! (I have a friend that is making crazy money doing it..)

8. Blog Commenting: Comment on like-minded user's blogs. Simply put! lol.

9. Tags in posts: Seemless as they may be, put relevant tags in ALL your posts. Search engines LOVE this!

10. Google Keyword Tool: This will help you name your post something that will be searched thousands of times a month!

If you use these tricks for every new piece of content you create, your blog's traffic will increase EXPONENTIALLY.

Like I said, I use almost every single one of these techniques and in doing so, my blog's traffic increased 564.1% my first week..

So go out there and generate some MASS Traffic! (Just dont pass up my Google ranks! lol)

6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Great answer kanonig!![​IMG]

7. bookgirl

bookgirl New Member

Some great ideas from you guys. Now let me just go get into my Supergirl tights and cape and I'll be ready to go. Or maybe I could just clone myself a couple times. So much to do. But, really, it's kinda fun isn't it?

8. shuvo

shuvo Member

Choose some keywords for your forum that people might search in Google to find your forum and then start to build quality backlinks.This will help you to get long term valuable traffic.

Facebook marketing is another source of traffic if conducted properly.

For instant traffic join and regularly participate in niche related forums and place your forum link in your signature.

9. cocofine

cocofine New Member

Useful info....
    Thanks to all[​IMG]

10. IceMustang

IceMustang New Member

Build links that are relevant to human beings. You can submit thousands of backlinks to article directories and "search engines" that nobody on the face of the earth uses, but they will not matter as much to people, or to Google for that matter, as one highly relevant backlink that targets the audience you want to go for.

11. GRmom49519

GRmom49519 New Member

Building relevant, high PR links is of utmost importance. Consider this, 1 PR7 backlink is worth 40 PR1 backlinks. Also, think about OBL, the amount of outgoing backlinks a page has that you are getting a link from, for instance, if a PR1 has 40 OBL, then the link juice from such a link would only be 1/40th as effective as if the same page only linked to your site and no other sites. 1 properly anchored link from a page with LOW OBL that is HIGH PAGERANK will almost always have a dramatic effect on site ranking.

12. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Backlinks are important with no doubt, but sometimes quality content can supersede it in my opinion. I started a blog less than a week ago and Im' generating over 50 hits a day just by writing relevant content and having proper on page SEO.

I still do believe in backlinks, I'm just rethinking their "curciality" so to speak lol

13. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I too have a forum that I started 11 months ago. I can't tell you any technical terms as I don't understand it all, such as pr this or pr that. I can tell you how I have built mine though. I get thousands of page hits a day and new members pretty consistently.

When a new topic is posted, I often post the same question on facebook as my status update and post a link to my forum and the post. My facebook peeps start getting involved in solving the problems of others.

I have a lot of Squidoo lens and blogs. I add the rss feed of my forum to the lens and it updates there. I get a lot of click throughs this way.

I have a blog feature in my forum, actually the forum is part of a website. I post new content regularly in the form of blog posts that are relevant to topics on the forum. I then link the topics in the blog posts.

I do video's and they have links to my site there. I also write articles.

I add new content to my established blog and link it back to the forum.

I have written several ebooks and my site is linking in the footnotes of every page.

I just took 12 of my articles and published them for the Kindle in Amazon. This is a pretty easy process believe it or not.

My forum rocks!

14. happywife

happywife Gold Member

robinincarolina: I just took 12 of my articles and published them for the Kindle in Amazon. This is a pretty easy process believe it or not.
    Good for you! I've just been thinking/reading a bit about that and wondered how difficult it would be to do. I'm hoping to get my teeth sunk into it in the new year.

Any tips or pointers on where to find the easiest to follow step by step instructions? Thanks!

Blessings,
    Angie

15. Creating backlinks are important for building traffic because Google interprets backlinks (incoming links, inward links, inbound links, inlinks) as votes by other web owners for the contents of your website. The concept is, if other web owners think you are important, then Google thinks you are important.

DoFollow links are particularly important because they are links that the search engine bots follow (thus the name do follow). They are the opposite of NoFollow (no follow) links which are arguably not followed by the bots (I say arguably because there is much chatter about this subject and I am not sure which side of the line I fall on).

The best backlinks are those that are related to your site. For example, if your site is about jewelry, then if other jewelry and accessory sites point to you, you are given more credit than if a travel site points to you.

You can get quality dofollow backlinks for free. One way is to comment on blogs that are related to your subject matter. You can also contact the blog owners and exchange articles or be a guest writer on their blog. The process for getting backlinks is never ending. You will have to get them for your site as long as it is operating. [​IMG]

16. eliseland

eliseland New Member

Greetings from Norway,

I am a newbie to Internet Marketing and the things I have found very important is keywords (not so many) in the metatag, backlinks and also links at the web page I am promoting, good titels for the links you have, one of your main keywords should also be in the main title of your web site, affiliate and there must be a link between what you are writing and what you are affiliating/advertising for.

I am still learning day by day [​IMG]

Cheers

17. estellaeffects

estellaeffects New Member

kanonig says it all

18. estellaeffects

estellaeffects New Member

robinincarolina
    Robin excellent!! What is the niche--- do u have a link to it in your sig and whats ur facebook id - will connect.

19. clark kent

clark kent New Member

kanonig
    Great post. I have just spent the last 30 mins digesting your info and adding to my current marketing plan.

I plan to implement your ideas over the coming weeks, I will report back with results.

Thanks.