How to build traffic to your website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Jyahfe, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Jyahfe

Jyahfe Guest

I was wondering what is the best way for a person to build traffic to their website?
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

There are some really great threads on here with good information on that but I use articles.

Welcome by the way.[​IMG]
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

SEO, posting in classifieds, forums
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Write some articles at ezines like EzineArticles.com and submit classifieds to USfreeads.com
  5. iezwan

iezwan New Member

Hi !

writing articles and post it to articles directories is one of the method that can be use and its free [​IMG]

will have to learn what is the best method to create your articles, some of the method is using SEO maybe it take some times but once you get the hits it will help you get traffics.

visiting blog same niche as yours and write a good comments can also help you get some links to your site and it is also free.

this is what i use at the moment ...

[​IMG]
  6. savvygrind

savvygrind New Member

I love the targeted traffic that article marketing and social networking delivers.
  7. just4funoutlet

just4funoutlet New Member

Write good articles that are relavent to your site. Free classifieds are also good, you can even try link exchanges.
  8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Jyahfe,

Create buzz-worthy content to attract natural links.

~Newbie Shield~
  9. The Free methods that I use for attracting visitors to my website are:-

Article marketing
    Classified Ads
    Forum participation
    Traffic Exchanges

I am having great succes with Classified Ads using about 6 different sites.

Barb
  10. newpage

newpage New Member

Here's how.

Change your Signature Line immediately. [​IMG]
  11. julieroze

julieroze New Member

The are many ways...depends on how much money you are willing to spend

money methods
    ppc on different search engines
    article submission services
    classifieds offline

sometimes cost money
    press releases
    link exchanges

Free
    manually submit articles
    blog posts
    forum posts
    classifieds online

I guess it depends on what you like to do. If you like writing articles then go for that. If you like helping people in forums...go for that. If you like posting on blogs. do that.
  12. mktgmaster

mktgmaster New Member

The key to driving traffic to your website is really consistancy. Regardless of which strategy you prefer to use, (articles, social networking sites, classifieds, blogs, forums etc.) you need to be consistant in your efforts. You can never expect that a single post to a forum or any other type of advertising medium will be enough to bring your site boat loads of traffic. Pick a strategy, master it by repeated implementation on a daily basis and then add other strategies systematically. Eventually, you'll start to see your stats increase and hopefully your bank account will soon follow.
  13. Louidam1

Louidam1 New Member

I'm going to start a blog to start building traffic to my site
  14. ka7952

ka7952 New Member

I like forum posting, but I heard viral marketing is very good too.
  15. BeInProfitMode

BeInProfitMode New Member

mktgmaster: The key to driving traffic to your website is really consistancy. Regardless of which strategy you prefer to use, (articles, social networking sites, classifieds, blogs, forums etc.) you need to be consistant in your efforts. You can never expect that a single post to a forum or any other type of advertising medium will be enough to bring your site boat loads of traffic. Pick a strategy, master it by repeated implementation on a daily basis and then add other strategies systematically. Eventually, you'll start to see your stats increase and hopefully your bank account will soon follow.

I totally agree. Especially if you're looking at cost free methods you need to stick with it. Major results will most likely be long-term so you need to stay consistent and keep plugging. And because it's free advertising, any sales you bring in are all profit.
  16. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

I like doing articles using ezine especially but I also use Article Post Robot too.
  17. saralin

saralin New Member

I am currently working on writing articles and submitting them to ExzineArticles and also writing lens for Squidoo.

My problem is that I am just not a writer. It has never come very easy for me so I am starting to get overwhelmed and frustrated about the whole thing.

This is something that I just have to do, so does anyone have any suggestions. Oh by the way, any suggestions cannot cost any money. (That is why I have to do this!)
  18. superina29

superina29 New Member

try submitting your blog to blog directories, that might just do the trick

regards
  19. Loomis

Loomis New Member

Seo,Blog Directories, Forums, commenting other alike blogs, mybloglog, stumblupon, article directories, RSS, blog pinging.
  20. residualcash

residualcash New Member

An important point to remember with articles and press releases, as well as other advertisement methods that get indexed by search engines, is to use keywords that are being search by people.

Google's keyword tool is sufficient for this.