How to build traffic to your website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Jyahfe, Nov 7, 2008.

1. mreese601

mreese601 Member

here is a 5 step process to get you traffic to your website.
    1. Create your post
    2. Ping your post
    3. social book mark your post
    4. Directory Summit your post
    5. Blog Carnival your post!
  2. homebusinessbug

homebusinessbug New Member

I agree. Lesser competition will help you in winning them. Finding the best keywords with lesser competitors are advisable.
  3. treevee

treevee Member

Great list! I'd like to add to this....
    Press Releases are great to do! They are good for moving up the rankings quicker if you can find a god company to submit them to.
  4. catevanne

catevanne New Member

saralin
    saralin
    Seralin,

Have you tried going to the library and getting books on how to write? There are lots of them and they can help. I'm a freelance writer and have relied heavily on books to help me....sometimes the library will even have a book sale and you can get what you need really cheaply...
  5. catevanne

catevanne New Member

mreese601
    hi-

are you talking about doing all these things to any post on any forum? can you tell me how do you ping, directly submit and blog carnival?

thanks
  6. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

I try to the best of my knowledge to find the best content. I think that is what you are judged on. If the content is weak then you will not have people following you. How did I get better at finding better content? By loving content I sit on the computer and read content all day. I read books on how people create content. Also I went to college where I had to provide massive amounts of quality content to pass. There is no way around it there is no quick money. You put in the work and you get paid simple and plain. Provide quality content and build!!
  7. foxbat25

foxbat25 New Member

mikecole62
    Hello, my name is Shane, I also do quite a bit of article submission and tend to agree with you that it does take quite a lot of time to create good quality articles. I also use a great deal of press release and FREE classified advertising. As far as video advertising goes I really like animoto.com, where you can create FREE 30 second videos. You might want to give it a try. Good Luck !!
  8. foxbat25

foxbat25 New Member

gemma
    Ezinearticles is a fantastic article submission site but you have to have some original content in your article for it to get approved. I personally write all of my own articles, this way I can always be sure that the article will get approved because it's 100% original. If you use plr articles or public domain content you really need to re-work that content to make it your own or you'll run the risk of getting flagged for duplicate content. In saying all that, it really is worth doing what you have to do to get your articles submitted and approved @ Ezinearticles because of the huge EXPOSURE that you'll receive, which is what you want!

Good luck with all of your ventures...
  9. catevanne

catevanne New Member

foxbat25
    has anyone tried Socialoomph- you can schedule your posts for the optimum time people are online...haven't tried it, but it sounds good.
  10. catevanne

catevanne New Member

foxbat25
    I agree that ezine is great- and the articles don't have to be that long, but you're right that they do need to be original content.[​IMG]
  11. AmirShahzad

AmirShahzad New Member

Currently I am trying to participate in forums to get traffic to my site. One problem I have is I am a freelance web designer and I have only one day in a week to do forum posting. I have time to do forum posting for 5 to 6 hours one day in a week. Will It be enough? I want to get approval by Google adsense after having much traffic to my site. Google is not currently giving easy approval to Pakistanis. Is there any other programs which is like Google? Mean pay high?
  12. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

I know that this may sound crazy but I like what I do. I really do I like commenting on blogs. There is nothing wrong with it and I can do it with no stress at all. Do I really care if I get traffic not really. I guess that is why some people do free advertising. I remember when I could not get a click at all. I think my problem was that I was not focused. I think that the small amount of people that visited my site recognized that to. They saw that I did not have a plan. At the time I really did not care about a plan because I was just having fun. Now that I have been online for some time and have failed so many times it just happens to come to me. I have to have a plan of action. I follow that until I get to the next power curve. As long as I am I having fun it help push me to the next level. So it seems like I am not really having a hard time through my learning curve. Next thing I know I had people engaging with me and was ready to buy my product. Why, cause it help them reach the next level. So it's like I run around helping people get to the next level.
  13. Justine

Justine New Member

gemma: How can you submit articles in ezinearticle.com? Do you have to have a 100% new article? I just learned that we can use articles from public domain. Is this right?
    Hi Gemma,

welcome to the forum [​IMG]

EzineArticles is currently the best article directory, they have very strict rules, you have to comply with before your article gets accepted. The article must be valuable and unique in content. Some say that if your article gets accepted by EzineArticles it will be accepted (rewritten) anywhere else [​IMG]
  14. foxbat25

foxbat25 New Member

I personally like to use as many FREE methods for generating my traffic as possible. I use a variety of FREE article submission, classifieds, and Yahoo Answers. I then throw in an inexpensive (PPC) campaign or two on Yahoo-search-marketing and MSN Adcenter!
  15. mreese601

mreese601 Member

saralin Hey Saralin You sound like me, I'm not a writer but writing articles is a great way to get target traffic to your website. I have to break down and hire someone to write my article for me. All though I didn't have the budget to do it. But I knew that if I really wanted to grow my business and started getting results I had to do it. Now everyone has a talent that they are good with. Find your talent make the cash you need outsource what you don't like to do.
  16. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Okay If you really want to get traffic to your blog or websites. Follow these steps.
    1. Create the content.
    2. Ping that content
    3. Social Bookmark it.
    4. Directory Summit it
    5. Blog carnival
    6. Build ongoing links
    7. Make sure you ping all of the social book marks
  17. foxbat25

foxbat25 New Member

Justine
    Hello Gemma,

EzineArticles is by far the best FREE article submission site on the web today. They do have strict guidelines which must be followed before your article will be accepted. I suggest writing your own original content in a niche that you're very familiar with or that you're passionate about. This will help insure that your article is thought-provoking and full of helpful content. I wish you the very best with all of your online ventures!
  18. bankonadam

bankonadam New Member

submitting lots of unique articles to different article directories is the best way to buildbacklinks and traffic to your site. This will help get your main website ranked higher in the search engines.
  19. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

To be honest I don't really worry about traffic because I think that will come if I stay consistent with good content. The thing is to build good content, which I think can be the hard part. I don't mind if a person miss spells a word as long as they have good content. I notice that a person will keep coming back and checking on the site based on content. I tend to think about how I respond to web sites. Some times I will go to a web site and keep looking for more content as long as the content is great and I want more tips and tricks. I like to search the Internet a lot. I do it so much that people laugh at me sometimes. Now I am able to pick a website based on it's content. People say to me all the time how did you find that. Being on the other side is not that hard as long as person has a good product. Then the content plays a major part on them wanting to keep them reading more. I was just thinking today what is the best way to get a business to grow. I think that a person has to find a path in which they can grow their business. Some people will say they use goggle others will not in reality any of these programs will work. It's just that the program works for you and maybe not me. I say as long as you have something working then go with that until you can move forward. Last but not least I look at my stats to know where to direct my content.
  20. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

Without a doubt i would recommend blog posting and article submission to build traffic to your website.

Learn how to write a good blog post or article and your traffic success will be guaranteed.