How to capitalize on a new Network Marketing company?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Charles_S, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Charles_S

Charles_S New Member

Hello All,

So, I'm new to the Network Marketing world and just joined one which launched about 2 weeks ago. The product is well know in its' industry, though sales efforts in the past were mainly online and television. Now, the company is relaunching the product through a network marketing company. The product is available for sale on their website, but at a higher price than the network marketing site. I'll be able to create retail sales channels which is a first for the company. What would be the best way for me to capitalize on me joining this so early? I don't want to miss the largest window of opportunity by figuring things out months later. Thanks in advance!
  2. BobKononiuk

BobKononiuk New Member

I wish you luck with this but I would be very cautious with any company that is selling their products in competition with the distributor force. Situations like this smell of a company looking to use others to gain a larger customer base through their distributors network of people only to later decide to "go back to the old ways" of not having distributors.

I hope that does not happen, makes the entire industry look bad. But, I see a few warning flags there.

With that being said, it can be a great opportunity for you to grab as much market share as you can early on. If the product is sampleable (if that is even a word) then get some out to everyone you know. let them all know you have a business now. Do not be a secret agent. Also, do not pester them. The ones that have interest will "raise their hands". Those are the ones you want to work with.

At the same time during this window of opportunity, you need to get more exposure online. online ads, social media, blog. Offer info of value. Peak interest. Those that want to know more will let you know.
  3. Agreed,

I got burned years ago in telcom industry with inducement to build a large customer base, and then company pulled plug on distributors and I lost a seven figure income with no warning. If a company sells to both retail and through distributors, I would be more cautious. It is nearly impossible to compete with company commercials.

Success to all,
  4. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Charles, find out if they plan to offer their distributors a transfer of their customers that are brought in through their current ads/marketing. If they already had the product out there before and are changing business models with different pricing, it would be wise to find out why, if you can. Usually to cut costs. Look for any fine print in the enrollment process. It's not uncommon to see companies using different models or methods to get more product moving but it is how it is done that may be a problem. If they advertise solely to offer their distributors an option to purchase or earn customers that is also a viable option. This allows a distributor with no sales/marketing the ability to acquire customers. This eliminates parts of the sales cycle that can intimidate certain prospects. Find out as much as you can.